Or 5.jpg
Back plug.jpg

Sponsored

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I saw these right after I installed the Brawlee. Looks great.

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
How is it with the plug in? Is the light bright enough?
Are you asking about how it works with the cig socket? It would be fine to just plug it in and leave it, but since that plug is independent of the ignition switch, and do not want to change that. I decided to plug a tree socket adapter in with a on and off switch for three reasons. First the plug for the light has a power diode that glows, and I do not want any unnecessary power draw, second I want to preserve the socket from breaking by just leaving something plugged in all the time that does not draw any power. Finally my third reason is I want to power other things while the light is working. As far as the brightness goes I think is just right, the only small thing is because of where it is mounted the very back part is slightly darker than the rest, but if you pull the window down maybe two inches it fills that part with light. So far I am pretty happy with it, if I continue mto like I might find a way to hard wire it.
Back plug.jpg

Sponsored

Mike Delgado

First Name
Mike Delgado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2020
It just does not look like it will illuminate well the inside unless you pull the back glass down. The light itself look super bright but I think hardwired would be better solution than the DC outlet. Will order and see how it does.

Thanks for the information It was very helpful

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing pics :clap:

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
It just does not look like it will illuminate well the inside unless you pull the back glass down. The light itself look super bright but I think hardwired would be better solution than the DC outlet. Will order and see how it does.

Thanks for the information It was very helpful
There are 2 lights in this module (both the same luminosity), and one focuses on the cargo area and the other on the ground. The entire cargo area is very well lit with this setup.

Mike Delgado

First Name
Mike Delgado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2020
Just ordered light, will give a review after installing. Thank you all for the information.

After installing I can say Im pretty happy with the lights. The first picture is just the cab light on, second & third show the Oracle light. It would be nice to hardwire it.

Thank You all for the information on this light.
0-7.jpeg
0-8.jpeg
0-9.jpeg

Last edited:

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
After installing I can say Im pretty happy with the lights. The first picture is just the cab light on, second & third show the Oracle light. It would be nice to hardwire it.

Thank You all for the information on this light.
0-7.jpeg
0-8.jpeg
0-9.jpeg
Glad to hear you are happy with the light! Photos looks great, thanks for sharing :)

Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Installed, works like a charm. However, the cigarette adapter has to go. It sticks out, just asking to be broken, or even worse, to break the port. :)

Of course if you're going to hard wire it, you need to do it in a way that supports removal of the hard top. Easily done with one of these...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FJPMML6

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Installed, works like a charm. However, the cigarette adapter has to go. It sticks out, just asking to be broken, or even worse, to break the port. :)

Of course if you're going to hard wire it, you need to do it in a way that supports removal of the hard top. Easily done with one of these...

We didn't offer the hardwire option because its beyond some DIY capabilities and because it makes it harder to remove the hard top. Great suggestion on the quick disconnects though!

eLECTRICON

Im also disappointed by the accessory cig plug. For one, its no longer there. I put a dual USP port in its place. Im going to tap in to the rear dome light. I was thinking ill use the accessory socket I removed and wire it to the dome and hide the connection in the wheel well trim.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Im also disappointed by the accessory cig plug. For one, its no longer there. I put a dual USP port in its place. Im going to tap in to the rear dome light. I was thinking ill use the accessory socket I removed and wire it to the dome and hide the connection in the wheel well trim.
If you plan to take your top off, might want to use waterproof couplers, they're very cheap and work great.

eLECTRICON

If you plan to take your top off, might want to use waterproof couplers, they're very cheap and work great.
My top doesn't come off. Its the Sky Top. But thanks for the tip. I always appreciate tips!
Sponsored