Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Hi Dylan, we're sorry to see your trouble here. Give me just a moment, and I'll reply to your PM with more information to assist here. Thanks all for the comments!

-Rachel
Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
So I did Oracles advise and put in LED reverse light bulbs and now everything works perfect. It was overloading with the factory halogen back up bulbs
Glad to hear you are back up and running after making that switch, Dylan! Feel free to reach out if we can assist you again in the future.

-Rachel

BajaJL

First Name
Gilberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I spliced right into the taillight. I reached out to Oracle and haven’t heard a response yet but when I do I’ll update the thread
Hi Dylan, would love to hear the update, I just installed mine yesterday, and they intermittently, they seem to light up as soon as I put the lever in reverse, the second after I feel the transmission engaging (in reverse) they go off...

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP

dhpt99

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Wrangler Sahara Ecodiesel
Hi Dylan, would love to hear the update, I just installed mine yesterday, and they intermittently, they seem to light up as soon as I put the lever in reverse, the second after I feel the transmission engaging (in reverse) they go off...
see post 17. And with the new led bulbs I haven’t had a single issue.And the oracles made a world of difference backing up at night.

acROB68

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
I have the factory LED lights in my 2020 JL. Installed the Oracle bumper reverse lights that use the clip ons to the wires. Here’s the issue. I have back up camera now but it didn’t work at first. Now the reverse lights turn on when the shifter is put in reverse but when the brake pedal is released the stock reverse lights turn off. I’ve disconnected the Oracle lights and still doing this. There is also a check engine light too. Wth?

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the factory LED lights in my 2020 JL. Installed the Oracle bumper reverse lights that use the clip ons to the wires. Here’s the issue. I have back up camera now but it didn’t work at first. Now the reverse lights turn on when the shifter is put in reverse but when the brake pedal is released the stock reverse lights turn off. I’ve disconnected the Oracle lights and still doing this. There is also a check engine light too. Wth?
Likely canbus related. Since you have the factory LED tails, the TIPM is looking for a much less draw than what the reverse lights are combined with the OEM tails.

Do you have the tow package equipped?

acROB68

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Likely canbus related. Since you have the factory LED tails, the TIPM is looking for a much less draw than what the reverse lights are combined with the OEM tails.

All good now, I had to wire it to the trailer lights.

Mattyv

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU - Ocean Blue
Having similar issue, but in my scenario I am using Oracle's LED tail lights instead of OEM, so no bulb to go back to. Sent a PM. Hopefully this can be resolved.

Sponsored

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I just went with the Oracle low profile tail lights, I can't WAIT to install them!!

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR

I have the halogen setup and the oracles did the same thing. Flashed a time or two and then shut off. However, I changed the settings in the dash (tazer mini helped) to led taillights and they have worked so far.

I am planning on getting A set of oem LED taillights soon, and do not have the towing package. Will this cause any issues?

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the halogen setup and the oracles did the same thing. Flashed a time or two and then shut off. However, I changed the settings in the dash (tazer mini helped) to led taillights and they have worked so far.

I am planning on getting A set of oem LED taillights soon, and do not have the towing package. Will this cause any issues?
Shouldn't cause any issues. You'd need to have the Tazer set this way when you switch to the OEM LEDs anyway.

You might find the new Flush Tails more attractive, check those out here: https://www.oraclelights.com/collections/jl-led-accessories/products/jlflush

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR

cweems1224

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
Having similar issue, but in my scenario I am using Oracle's LED tail lights instead of OEM, so no bulb to go back to. Sent a PM. Hopefully this can be resolved.
did you ever figure out a solution
Sponsored