Opus 2 Sleeper behind my JLUR

OldGreen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps. All Jeeps. LJ, XJ, CJ, WK2
Here it is! Pulls like a dream. It comes in below the 3500lbs but I am still going to put air bags on it to level the ride. The King Shocks are a GAME CHANGER.

This one is the exterior. Interior is coming within a week.
Sponsored

OP
OP

OldGreen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
and another one. . .For this site, I had gotten a few people that were skeptical of towing a trailer that is so close. . .or exactly on.. .the GCW for the JLUR. It is buttery smooooooth. . .just get a good brake controller and a good trailer.

HIAZAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon
Thank you very much for posting the videos. They have been very helpful. Does the Opus have a bathroom option for it?

Sponsored

Loops

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango SRT, RAM TRX (order) Rubicon 4xE (order)
We are looking at the Opus 4 and have a JL Rubicon on order. What mods have you done and recommend for towing the Opus?

OP
OP

OldGreen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We are looking at the Opus 4 and have a JL Rubicon on order. What mods have you done and recommend for towing the Opus?
Air lift air bags and big ol shocks!

Dalvarado55

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport 2.0, MC 3.5" lift, Rubi Axles
Air lift air bags and big ol shocks!
I am looking at the new Opus 2. I have watched your videos along with the thread. I am worried a little about the weight of the trailer and my JLU. I have a 2018 JLU Sport 2.0, 2.5 inch lift and I am running 35s. Watching your video, I am guessing the air bags are a must have to level the Jeep while pulling. Are there any issues wheeling or rock crawling with the air bags? Any info helps.

OP
OP

OldGreen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am looking at the new Opus 2. I have watched your videos along with the thread. I am worried a little about the weight of the trailer and my JLU. I have a 2018 JLU Sport 2.0, 2.5 inch lift and I am running 35s. Watching your video, I am guessing the air bags are a must have to level the Jeep while pulling. Are there any issues wheeling or rock crawling with the air bags? Any info helps.
No issue at all. My best piece of advice is to plumb the airbags together. That way you push air from one to the other when you articulate. Keep them at around 8 to 10psi when not towing. I have wheeled extensively with them and have had zero issues.

Dalvarado55

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport 2.0, MC 3.5" lift, Rubi Axles
No issue at all. My best piece of advice is to plumb the airbags together. That way you push air from one to the other when you articulate. Keep them at around 8 to 10psi when not towing. I have wheeled extensively with them and have had zero issues.
What year is your Opus 2? I was on the Opus website and it shows the dry weight of the Opus 2 is 3244 lbs with a tongue weight of 355 lbs. That seems heavy. Their brochure says it is 2744 lbs with a tongue weight of 242 lbs. I emailed them and they say the brochure was wrong and the website was right with the dry weight of 3244 lbs. That seems crazy since the Opus 4 which is bigger has a dry weight of 2870 lbs and is slightly bigger with beds on both sides. Am I crazy to think this?? Or is there some heavy upgrade to the new Opus 2??
Sponsored