Sponsored

Options for carrying 7 or 8 ft Fishing Rods ???

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
A front hitch receiver will take a Rod Holder, you can see the rods easily, and the receiver is very handy for maneuvering trailers into tight spots.
Hidden Hitch , Curt, Draw Tite have them. Ground clearance varies, I chose the highest ground clearance one.

ahmedroyce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw
Along with being Jeep Wrangler enthusiasts, we also happen to be avid Bass Fishermen (and women). Rather than trying to stuff our fishing rods inside of our new JLUS, we'd love to find a solution that would allow us to carry them externally on top of the jeep. Any suggested equipment for this out there ??? Nox Vidmate VLC
I'm putting .5" pressure treated lumber on as my deck. Then I am building a pool noodle caddy on the deck for my kayak.

Last edited:

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
My brother uses a 8 foot PVC with rubber caps. He just straps it down to his roof rack.

jnj91

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Sahara, 2016 JKU Sport S
Thanks! I built it …20 bucks in PVC.
Here is what built. Super easy works awesome.

9C0AA210-9578-4B64-B623-28C1658E3219.jpeg
Sorry to bring up an older thread again. Surf fishing in the Outer Banks NC this week…and this is exactly what I was envisioning for the perfect setup for easily getting the gear out on the beach. And you still have easy access to the tailgate.

Know it’s been awhile, but if you see this…could you share a little more details on the materials, construction and mounting? Hard to believe no one is selling anything like this.

Thanks!

Sponsored

Santos_Prod.

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Jeep Willy's wrangler unlimited
If you look closely at the photos you can see my solution. I use the ski / fishing rod holder from Rhino Rack. It works great for me but doesn't protect the rods from the elements. They are lockable and come in two sizes. They clamp down on the rods and hold them in place with rubber grooves. I had to get the narrow size in order for it to fit between my Hullavator kayak cradles, but they have a wider one that holds more as well. The smaller size can hold 4 spin/casting rods comfortably.

v0pS5Y1DT32%frPVW1j9xQ.jpg
tZgtJsI0S5itp7XLZZPgBw.jpg
What is the name of those cross bars?i love this set up

swampflyer

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlr-2015 jette tdi-2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I have a jlr without the rear seat. My two fly rods fit in the back in the original sage aluminum tubes. They are 3 piece rods. Love those sage rods. Out of sight out of mind. 😎

Sponsored

Santos_Prod.

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Jeep Willy's wrangler unlimited
Yes, you can. They have their XTray and the Pioneer Platform. Both can be viewed on their website.
Thanks for your input, would these hold up a roof top tent as well? I'll check them out when I'm free soon