Sponsored

Option Advice...what's worth it & what do you wish you took a pass on?

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
On sport S:
Glad I got:
Tech package - this was my splurge and very glad I got it. I wouldn't want any smaller screen.
Anti-spin differential - it is a no-brainer. Unless you never go off road. Better axle and tires in the bargain.
Headliner - it's hot in Tucson so anything to keep cooler. And it's pretty quiet on the highway.
Tow package - I've ended up wanting on every vehicle I've owned so I got it this time.

Only thing I can think of missing is proximity entry. Every time I pull that 50 pound key fob out of my pocket to unlock I think about it.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I have the stubby which flows better with the front grille

CollageMaker_20180629_205107667.jpg
2018-07-09-17-49-50-345.jpg
Now that's nice... I hadn't seriously considered a stubby, but I like the look. Thanks for making this more difficult.... arrrghhhhhh

Lithograph

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
I'm simply echoing things already said, but...I loaded out my Rubicon because I'm sort-of in "dream car territory" and I wanted exactly what I wanted. Only things I didn't get are the Automatic Transmission (I will always drive a manual in a 4x4 if possible), and I didn't get the cold weather package or the hard top. I'm a soft top guy.

Out of all the options I got, the two I was on the fence over were the tow package and the LED lights, and I love, LOVE the LEDs. I'm very glad I sprung for them. As for the tow package, I agree that even if you don't tow, the pre-installed auxiliary switches and whatnot is very nice.

EDIT: I actually got the LEDs because I was getting the Safety package with turn signal indicators and whatnot, and that comes with LEDs in the rear. I sprung for the package though to make everything match. :D

Sponsored

OP
OP
Big Lebowski

Big Lebowski

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Thanks for the advice everyone! Order placed this morning! There is a restriction on LED lights, so no exact ETA. 4 weeks. 6. 8? Who knows but it’ll be worth it. I did not do as well as the forum dealers I’ve read about (5% off Invoice) but I had a trade to deal with and got the best local deal I could find (2% off invoice) and I’m content along with an above market value on my trade-in. Now the waiting game begins!

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I have the stubby which flows better with the front grille

CollageMaker_20180629_205107667.jpg
2018-07-09-17-49-50-345.jpg
I bit the bullet & went with the Destroyer full-width (passed on Quadratech… geez they're expensive). The more I looked, I started getting vertigo...so I went with one of my first dozen instincts. Cool like you...that remains to be seen. So now I'm at the mercy of shipping. So them shackles you got there... are they 3/4"?

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
Nope, I wouldnt do a dag gone thing different. First time ever with no regrets.

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
Maybe just get this $100,000 Grand Cherokee...lol

Screenshot_20180818-193344_Facebook.jpg

crushinit

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and WK2
Wish I got proximity. So dumb not to get it for the price.

Sponsored

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I bit the bullet & went with the Destroyer full-width (passed on Quadratech… geez they're expensive). The more I looked, I started getting vertigo...so I went with one of my first dozen instincts. Cool like you...that remains to be seen. So now I'm at the mercy of shipping. So them shackles you got there... are they 3/4"?
Yes, 3/4"

OP
OP
Big Lebowski

Big Lebowski

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Wish I got proximity. So dumb not to get it for the price.
We hemmed and hawed over getting it, and ultimately did because I’ve long felt the ammentities lagged on the Wranglers at this price point. I don’t need (or want) a luxurious Range Rover, but like the option to add a few bells and whistles...that and we have a 16 year old driver so we can use all the help we can get!

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
If you have a dog get the leather the hair that stick to the cloth wipes right off the leather I love it and the keyless entry proximity Is awesome it's worth 400 bucks all I all I do is touch the door handle and it unlocks and I touch the button and it locked it's so worth 400 bucks trust me I never even take the key fob out of my pocket except when I take it in the house and i never even take the key CV also on the tow package you do get the bigger alternator and bigger battery worth having and when it comes to the auxiliary buttons they're very nice to have when you want to add lights so simple to install not a lot labor running wires
Sponsored