Sponsored

Opinions on X-Plan (Friends and Family)

Scott2373

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150 / 2018 Sahara JLU. Formerly 2013 JK and 2003 Liberty Renegade
My wife is in the market for a new JLUS and has a high level Chrysler employee friend that is willing to let her use the XPlan (1% above invoice) before he retires. My wife was told that the JL's are being sold, at their lowest, for 5% ABOVE invoice (unsure if dealer meant factory or dealer invoice; I wasn't there for the conversation) currently which I'm skeptical of. I'm wondering if I can finagle a better deal than the XPlan, or is it just too early for this model year? At any rate, I guess what I'm really asking is, what percentage below MSRP did ya'll pay for your JL's? Currently we're looking at about $625/month, purchase price with ideal buying conditions, which I'm not happy about :mad:. Not to mention the probability of that coming to fruition is highly unlikely. I'm calling it her "Mobile Mortgage", which she isn't too happy about, :swear: LOL
Sponsored

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
There are lots of posts here about pricing. Employee pricing is 5% below Invoice from what others have posted. Affiliate pricing is 1% below Invoice, this includes Tread Lightly members. Many here have been able to special order a JL for 5% to 6% below dealer invoice which equates to 11% to 12% off MSRP. I don’t think the X Plan your wife’s friend is offering is any kind of deal at all.

dave.j.fisher

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Search this site for the recommended dealers link...you will be able to find a much better deal than the friends/family discount....likely within a few hour drive. As I type this, I expect to pick up my JL tue, with just the friend/family thing and $500 more off with the costco auto program. In fact, it almost bothers me hearing about the deep discounts many are finding...

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
5% below invoice is the going standard for a "deal".

As @Red Rubi stated, there are plenty of discussions on this forum regarding said deals.

1% above invoice is a rip-off.

OP
OP
Scott2373

Scott2373

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150 / 2018 Sahara JLU. Formerly 2013 JK and 2003 Liberty Renegade
Thanks for the replies. My mistake, I meant 1% BELOW invoice for Friends and Family, but I found the thread with all the dealers offering 5% below invoice. Thanks for the link! That's bargaining power right there! I have two dealers within an hour drive of each other that are non-commission sales. I can walk in and say, I want 5% below invoice and they'll say, "You got it."
Sponsored