Sponsored

Opinions on whether to buy a used 2018 or new 2019 Wrangler?

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
i forgot about that my 2018 Sport that was build in Dec has the Dana 44 rear. but the new 2019 Sports have Dana 44 front and rear.
That's great, why just rear on the 18s always had me stumped.
Sponsored

tkelly11

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wanderingobservations.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
I never thought I would ever buy a new car in my life having always liked finding the sweet spot of depreciation on fun cars. But when I got interested in a Wrangler and realized just how much better it was as a daily vs the JK, I ended up making the (somewhat scary) decision to go for a 2019 thinking buying a new 2018 or 2019 would both have some depreciation issues but over time Wranglers seem to hold their value pretty well so paying $34k for one now with a good down payment + trade made surprising sense in the end. Took out a bit of a loan that I plan to pay back within the next 12-18 months. And the best thing is I don't regret it at all. Its just such a fun car. Think the only danger is how much you might end up spending on customizing it. Already a little bit addicted so need to calm down. Also the other thing I realized for what I wanted it for, I really just didnt need to spend $40k+ on a Sahara/Rubicon etc etc. The Sport S to me is a really fair compromise of functionality and value.
Sponsored