Opinions on this willys I found

Jeepn’

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
As it turns out, my 2018 Tacoma has proven to be unreliable so I’m jumping ship to a Jeep. I found this willys near me that has everything id like and Will be emailing them shortly. My question is if the price is 45k, I’m assuming OTD is around 49K. Would it be possible to make a deal with them given the current market? Say, 46k OTD? Or is 45k + TTL good enoug?

here’s the window sticker, thanks everyone!

Jeep Wrangler JL Opinions on this willys I found 780A3582-D445-4BF3-AD82-D53C41A01C46
Sponsored

Chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Freedom Unlimited
As it turns out, my 2018 Tacoma has proven to be unreliable so I’m jumping ship to a Jeep. I found this willys near me that has everything id like and Will be emailing them shortly. My question is if the price is 45k, I’m assuming OTD is around 49K. Would it be possible to make a deal with them given the current market? Say, 46k OTD? Or is 45k + TTL good enoug?

here’s the window sticker, thanks everyone!

Jeep Wrangler JL Opinions on this willys I found 780A3582-D445-4BF3-AD82-D53C41A01C46
Go for it, worst they can say is try again.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
You can always negotiate. Worst case you pay the sticker price plus TTL and possibly ADM. It’s just a bad time to buy a car. If you need it now, then you have to be willing to not get the best deal. If you’re open to custom ordering, you can still find some decent offers.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
I’m shopping for a coupe/sedan right now. Anything MSRP is good in my market. The last dealership I walked into was marking up 80-100%. I thanked them for being honest and left.
I say that so you don’t feel too bad about paying sticker if you need it and are willing to pay that. It seems the alternative is to wait 12-24 months and get back to “normal” deals; or this shit show will continue and we’ll be happy to pay $100k for a 2 door sport with 0 options.

OP
OP
Jeepn’

Jeepn’

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
You can always negotiate. Worst case you pay the sticker price plus TTL and possibly ADM. It’s just a bad time to buy a car. If you need it now, then you have to be willing to not get the best deal. If you’re open to custom ordering, you can still find some decent offers.
I’m shopping for a coupe/sedan right now. Anything MSRP is good in my market. The last dealership I walked into was marking up 80-100%. I thanked them for being honest and left.
I say that so you don’t feel too bad about paying sticker if you need it and are willing to pay that. It seems the alternative is to wait 12-24 months and get back to “normal” deals; or this shit show will continue and we’ll be happy to pay $100k for a 2 door sport with 0 options.
I don’t technically need a vehicle right this moment, but the check engine light keeps coming on without a solution to fix it and I’ve just lost faith/interest in the vehicle. On the bright side I would have a trade-in, I can probably get 30k for the taco so I wouldn’t mind MSRP.

as for custom orders, is that something you can do online or would I have to go to a dealership?

Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Comptroller
I don’t technically need a vehicle right this moment, but the check engine light keeps coming on without a solution to fix it and I’ve just lost faith/interest in the vehicle. On the bright side I would have a trade-in, I can probably get 30k for the taco so I wouldn’t mind MSRP.

as for custom orders, is that something you can do online or would I have to go to a dealership?
This is hard to give a strong answer for. I don’t think you should feel bad which ever way you go. These are crazy times, and a vehicle that can’t be fixed is hard to live with. That is a nice Willys!

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Order what you want. You'll pay 1% below invoice with a TreadLightly affiliate discount and as much as 8% below invoice if you're near a high volume dealer or are willing to travel to one.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Order what you want. You'll pay 1% below invoice with a TreadLightly affiliate discount and as much as 8% below invoice if you're near a high volume dealer or are willing to travel to one.
Precisely but he’s in SoCal like me. Hardly any deals Locally here even before this nightmare. I think tutle click in Irvine is doing 3-4% with affiliate and financing right now but don’t quote me on that. I’m buying my 392 on Friday for MSRP in Arizona.

JeepLeap

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys

Ordered my Willys in this summer. You need to order through a dealer. Expect an excruciating wait but sounds like you can while you have the other car. My wait was 8 weeks - far longer for some - but was well worth it.

OP
OP
Jeepn’

Jeepn’

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Precisely but he’s in SoCal like me. Hardly any deals Locally here even before this nightmare. I think tutle click in Irvine is doing 3-4% with affiliate and financing right now but don’t quote me on that. I’m buying my 392 on Friday for MSRP in Arizona.
California is a nightmare

Ordered my Willys in this summer. You need to order through a dealer. Expect an excruciating wait but sounds like you can while you have the other car. My wait was 8 weeks - far longer for some - but was well worth it.
8 weeks is actually not bad. A friend of mine took a year to receive his Tacoma. I’ll try securing a deal with the one I found since it’s basically a carbon copy of the specs I wanted, but if that doesn’t work out I’ll look into custom ordering.

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
California is a nightmare

8 weeks is actually not bad. A friend of mine took a year to receive his Tacoma. I’ll try securing a deal with the one I found since it’s basically a carbon copy of the specs I wanted, but if that doesn’t work out I’ll look into custom ordering.
Yeah it has its pros and cons. Much of my family has already left the state but my business is here so I’ll be here for at least another 10 years.

OP
OP
Jeepn’

Jeepn’

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Im thinking a custom order might be the way to go. Doesn’t seem like many dealers have any stock. Does anyone have an opinion on trading in my Tacoma vs selling to Carmax, carvana, etc?

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
Get the VIN from the dealer and have them pull up the build sheet.

That way you'll know exactly what is on that Wrangler vs. what the window sticker says.

Then make a decision on whether or not to purchase it.

In today's market MSRP isn't a bad deal and the trade value of the Taco should be pretty good. I would recommend going to KBB.com and run a price value analysis on your truck in your area. Having that number + the MSRP number gives you a starting point on price negotiations.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Comptroller
Im thinking a custom order might be the way to go. Doesn’t seem like many dealers have any stock. Does anyone have an opinion on trading in my Tacoma vs selling to Carmax, carvana, etc?
With high vehicle costs, taxes come into the equation. If you sell to Vroom or someone other than your dealer, you will pay full sales tax in the new vehicle. So all things being equal, the non-dealer offer needs to beat the dealer offer by the sales tax on your TRADE-IN value from the dealer. If they don’t, you come out behind.
So if your Tacoma is worth $30k trade-in, you won't pay sales tax on the first $30k of the Jeep. Let's assume you have a hypothetical 5% sales tax in your state with no funny luxury tax or anything (but you're in California, so you do). If the dealership offered $30k trade-in, you need to get paid at least $31,500 from any other source to break even, otherwise the increased taxes will offset your higher selling price.
Sponsored