Opinions on this leak?

bllprk

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 WK CRD
I just check my PCV. Seemed completely fine. I removed the hose off the top, and then lifted the little lock finger and twisted toward the passenger side. Rattled just fine.
Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
It's a long shot, but another thing to consider is simply the oil pan. I had a bad oil filter housing that was caking oil on my valve covers, but I also had a tiny bit of oil resting underneath at those plugs, too. When I replaced the housing, the leak up top was gone, but I still had a smidge of oil below. It wasn't serious, but I figured it was the rear main seal and I'd eventually take care of it when it graduated from a seep to a leak.

When that time came, I got a decent camera shot into the bell housing and it was dry as a bone. Turned out I just needed some fresh RTV around the oil pan. I unbolted it on my last oil change, resealed it, and the leak is gone.

HiJinx69

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL, 2014 Mazda 6, 2010 Honda Odyssey, Yamaha FZ-09
Check the top of the engine just right of the oil dipstick looking from the front. I believe it's a solenoid. I traced my leak to this. The gasket on this is known to be problematic. I know there is a thread talking about it where others thought it was the rear main seal. Here's a picture. After I clean it up, the oil doesn't show at the bottom of the engine until the slow leak has time to accumulate. I'm trying to figure out the part number, it's a cheap fix.
Jeep Wrangler JL Opinions on this leak? IMG_1488

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Is it dripping onto the ground? If it's not dripping on the ground its seepage and not a leak.

Seepage eventually stops once the seals expand.. leaks dont.
Sponsored