_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Centerforce clutch fixes it!
That is the long-term solution I am looking at. I have read many of the install threads on this forum and it doesn't look that bad.
Sponsored

JL Fan

First Name
JL Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Test drove the auto with turbo. It ran great...no complaints. But I wanted manual transmission. I wouldn't own an automatic Jeep. Just my preference. I've 13K miles on mine and haven't done the clutch recall yet.

RavenJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito 2016 Granite Backcountry 2007 Camp Jeep
I want to find someone else who has a manual that my kids can drive or rent one before letting them learn with mine.
Our driving school offers it as an option. My kids didn;t have a choice, My JLU is stick, their JK is stick and my husbands Volvo is stick, so if they wanted to drive they have to learn. We didn;t take advantage of the driving school offering it but it might be worth checking in to.

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
Have you done the clutch recall yet?
Are the factory clutches in the 2018s different than the 2020s? Brother's recently acquired '18 JLUR clutch seemed perfect to me on 35s.

Regarding ratios, there seems to be no need to go to 4H from 4L considering the 5th and 6th ratios. Love that tranny! Off the clutch torque short block V8 seems obvious to mate with that gear box. 1800 RPM @ 75mph makes for a very quiet ride.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
As good as an automatic can be, it doesn’t matter. It’s the joy of driving. Like rolling the windows down. Like taking the top off. Like turning the radio up. Changing your own gears using both hands and both feet.
Get older, get arthritis, break a foot/leg then you'll be saying, "Why didn't I get an automatic?" .

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't use it, you lose it. Active body, healthy body.
Osteoarthritis can actually get worse with activity. With no cartilage in my right shoulder I wouldn't even be able to shift.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Our driving school offers it as an option. My kids didn;t have a choice, My JLU is stick, their JK is stick and my husbands Volvo is stick, so if they wanted to drive they have to learn. We didn;t take advantage of the driving school offering it but it might be worth checking in to.
When I taught my nephew to drive stick I used my Jeep but rather than have him beat up my clutch and buck the Jeep I had him get used to the concept and clutch while in 4 low even on hills. This way there's no stalling or clutch slipping. After he was comfortable I then went to 2WD

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
Osteoarthritis can actually get worse with activity. With no cartilage in my right shoulder I wouldn't even be able to shift.
Only option move to a right hand drive country and enjoy your left sided shifter. :like:

Sponsored

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe

double0762

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2020 JL Willy's
Occupation
Canyon Independent School District
Vehicle Showcase
how's this. i won't listen to the stereo because I've gotten used to listening to the the engine revs when i'm taking off from a red light or a stop sign just so i won't stall and embarrass myself. But on the bright side it is getting better and i can turn the volume to 5 now. clutch is light but i, still love it

brewskisteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2001 Ford F350 4x4 crew cab 7.3L diesel
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
how's this. i won't listen to the stereo because I've gotten used to listening to the the engine revs when i'm taking off from a red light or a stop sign just so i won't stall and embarrass myself. But on the bright side it is getting better and i can turn the volume to 5 now. clutch is light but i, still love it
Thats funny. I've noticed the same problem when I have the stereo volume too loud...

Rockywoolf

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon
No issues. Took it in for the clutch recall and they said it was fine. Upgraded gears to 5.13 and the clutch works even better now. Best feeling clutch I’ve had in a Jeep.
Sponsored