Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Got it. Thanks. With the 2.5” lift t the 30” max extended length of the Rocksport shocks, any idea how long is long enough? Or will o have to disconnect and fully droop to find out for certain?
Best thing to do is find a ramp, rock, bar ditch, Volkswagen, or smart car to drive up on disconnected and check things out.

I’d say at least 10.5“ up to 12” you should be good. My shocks extend over 30” and mine are adjusted to 10.5” long. How long are yours now ? I don’t think the steersmart links will let you droop far enough before they bind, but it’s better to be sure and safe.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Best thing to do is find a ramp, rock, bar ditch, Volkswagen, or smart car to drive up on disconnected and check things out.

I’d say at least 10.5“ up to 12” you should be good. My shocks extend over 30” and mine are adjusted to 10.5” long. How long are yours now ? I don’t think the steersmart links will let you droop far enough before they bind, but it’s better to be sure and safe.
***NOTE - END LINKS ARE 9" CENTER TO CENTER. LIFT HEIGHT LISTED IS A GENERAL RANGE AND WILL WORK FOR MOST 2.5-3.5" LIFTS - YOU MUST CONFIRM FITMENT FOR YOUR SPECIFIC SETUP***

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
***NOTE - END LINKS ARE 9" CENTER TO CENTER. LIFT HEIGHT LISTED IS A GENERAL RANGE AND WILL WORK FOR MOST 2.5-3.5" LIFTS - YOU MUST CONFIRM FITMENT FOR YOUR SPECIFIC SETUP***
Yeah..... your specific set up is high articulations and flex, imho, these links aren’t made for your set up. If you notice in their description, they never mention articulation.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
Same here. I have a 2.5” RK lift that really yields around 3.25-3.5 and running the ones 2-4” set at 10” center to center.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I have a question for you RK guys, hope it’s alright to post it here. It’s about the no limit front sway links. Help me to understand how they benefit me on a Rubicon with the sway bar disconnected. Also, is it OK to install the ones for a 4-6” lift on a lift that’s less than 4”? Benefits or drawbacks? Thanks.
I have the longer ones on my 3.5" lift. They're a little long but I plan more lift when I go long arms. The point of the no limit links is you no longer need to disconnect your sway bar (manually with traditional disconnects). You don't lose any articulation by leaving them connected with the Rubicon sway bar disconnected. With other links, you will still bind and lose articulation without traditional disconnects.

OP
OP
DuRsT

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Update on the initial post:
Wife has definitely made up her mind, we are going with some Warn DiamondCutter wheels, 0 offset with some 315/70/17 Cooper STT Pro's. First set of Cooper's, hope they do well.

Local 4x4 shop is telling me (actually just a specific know-it-all that I always seem to get into it with) that I need a minimum of 4" of lift to run 37's on the trail. From what I've read I don't think that's true, you guys please sanity check me here.

Plan is to pick up the aforementioned 315's and Warn wheels and use for local trail and DD responsibilities, also having another set of wheels with 37's installed and ready to throw on at any time to do some more serious wheeling.

Would the RK 2.5" lift be enough to be able to run 35's or 37's on the trail with a 0 offset wheel?

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...2-5in-max-travel-no-limits-tt-system-lift-kit

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Update on the initial post:
Wife has definitely made up her mind, we are going with some Warn DiamondCutter wheels, 0 offset with some 315/70/17 Cooper STT Pro's. First set of Cooper's, hope they do well.

Local 4x4 shop is telling me (actually just a specific know-it-all that I always seem to get into it with) that I need a minimum of 4" of lift to run 37's on the trail. From what I've read I don't think that's true, you guys please sanity check me here.

Plan is to pick up the aforementioned 315's and Warn wheels and use for local trail and DD responsibilities, also having another set of wheels with 37's installed and ready to throw on at any time to do some more serious wheeling.

Would the RK 2.5" lift be enough to be able to run 35's or 37's on the trail with a 0 offset wheel?

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...2-5in-max-travel-no-limits-tt-system-lift-kit
That wheel has a 4.72 “ backspace, and with the lower control arms being bent up for clearance instead of bent inward like oem arms , RK recommends no more than 4.5” backspace. You might rub barely on the lower control arm when turned full lock. But you can just back out the turn stops to help with that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DuRsT

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
That wheel has a 4.72 “ backspace, and with the lower control arms being bent up for clearance instead of bent inward like oem arms , RK recommends no more than 4.5” backspace. You might rub barely on the lower control arm when turned full lock. But you can just back out the turn stops to help with that.
I believe RK made the 4.5” backspace requirement with a 38” tire in mind, didn’t they?

Thanks for the input!

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I believe RK made the 4.5” backspace requirement with a 38” tire in mind, didn’t they?

Thanks for the input!
No , the taller the tire the less backspace. For 38s it’s 3.5” recommended.

Chrysler-Factory-Warranty

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
I would suggest a Mopar lift if you are wanting to get it covered under warranty.