Sponsored

Opinions on Rock Krawler Lifts

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Hey all, I’ve started adding a few things to my wife’s ‘21 Rubi. Last weekend I installed a winch and Warn bull bar along with a couple of cosmetic items. I have Ace Engineering sliders on the way now.

She may have finally picked her wheels, the Fuel Beast in a 18x9 +18 offset. We hate tires sticking way out from the fender. Plan is to run these with a 35” tire, likely a Ridge Grappler or STT Pro.

I found this lift and wanted to get some input, I like the fact that it comes with an adjustable front track bar and RK is known for high quality. Open to changing shocks, getting a larger kit etc but know this is my wife’s Jeep so it will see mostly street duty with the occasional trip to the local off road park.

https://www.morris4x4center.com/roc...lift-kit-with-twin-tube-shocks-jl-4-door.html
Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
RK lifts are excellent. They're stout, easy to install, and high quality. The lift you linked is everything you'll need and is a good lift. This lift can also be easily upgraded in the future to add the other 2 sets of control arms for more flex and articulation.

Since you have a Rubicon, I would suggest one of the different RK lifts though. Your lift includes front sway bar disconnects, which you don't need as your sway bar disconnects electronically. These manual sway bar disconnects are for the Sport/Sahara owners who have a traditional front sway bar. I would get one of the lifts with the No Limits sway bar links, which are specifically designed for the Rubicon sway bar to give max articulation. The lift I linked below is exactly the same as the one you linked but with the No Limits links. Plus, if you buy it at Northridge 4X4 and use discount code: JLWRANGLERFORUM you'll save $225 and the cost will be $2,027. This will give you a more expensive kit at a cheaper price.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...2-5in-max-travel-no-limits-tt-system-lift-kit

OP
OP
DuRsT

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
RK lifts are excellent. They're stout, easy to install, and high quality. The lift you linked is everything you'll need and is a good lift. This lift can also be easily upgraded in the future to add the other 2 sets of control arms for more flex and articulation.

Since you have a Rubicon, I would suggest one of the different RK lifts though. Your lift includes front sway bar disconnects, which you don't need as your sway bar disconnects electronically. These manual sway bar disconnects are for the Sport/Sahara owners who have a traditional front sway bar. I would get one of the lifts with the No Limits sway bar links, which are specifically designed for the Rubicon sway bar to give max articulation. The lift I linked below is exactly the same as the one you linked but with the No Limits links. Plus, if you buy it at Northridge 4X4 and use discount code: JLWRANGLERFORUM you'll save $225 and the cost will be $2,027. This will give you a more expensive kit at a cheaper price.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...2-5in-max-travel-no-limits-tt-system-lift-kit
Much appreciated man, looks like a great kit.
Anyone have any feedback on the kit or the shocks?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Rock Krawler is definitely top shelf, I’m on the 3.5” Xfactor..... love it!

Sponsored

OP
OP
DuRsT

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Rock Krawler is definitely top shelf, I’m on the 3.5” Xfactor..... love it!
Great to hear! What shocks are you using?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Great to hear! What shocks are you using?
I have the Fox 2.5 reservoir shocks with DSC. We have our rig set up for off-roading, but it drives and handles awesome on the road.

Last edited:

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm also on the RK 3.5" X factor and love it. Handles awesome on and off road. I'm using the regular Fox 2.0 shocks.....for now. They do pair nicely with the RK springs, but off road I need something a tad stiffer (especially after installing Nitto trail grapplers) and with a bit more travel. The Fox 2.5 DSC's or something similar will be in my next round of mods this summer (before Moab and the Rubicon).

You really can't go wrong with an RK lift.

gsxr310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Ran RK mid arms and now running their long arms. Been happy w RK!

Sponsored

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR

Question on this recommendation. With the RK lifts does it have to have the Rubicon No limits sway bars?

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Question on this recommendation. With the RK lifts does it have to have the Rubicon No limits sway bars?
Nope, RK offers several options to fit your budget and/or model. The Adventure series includes longer rear links and you re-use the stock rear links on the front (for Rubicon). You can also get the RK disconnects for non-Rubicon models. But if you have a Rubicon, the absolute best is the No Limit links.

If you look at the RK lifts on the Northridge 4x4 site, they have all the different levels of lifts with the different sway bar options. Theres multiple options to cover any and all budgets.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
@DuRsT - Using my Jeep for similar purposes (daily driver and occasional off-road use). I’m running the RK Adventure Series 2.5” with RRD shocks from RK with Fuel Beast wheels and 37” KO2s. Personally, I have been very satisfied with its on road use. While I am new to taking it off-road, have been thoroughly impressed by the more road-oriented Adventure Series’s performance off-road. You will not be disappointed with them.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Also .... in case anyone is wondering, or may have heard some misinformation, the RK no limits sway links on the Rubi articulate virtually the same amount as being unhooked. I did a comparison a while back, there was maybe 1/4” difference completely unnoticeable...just wanted to throw that out there......🙂

Jeep Wrangler JL Opinions on Rock Krawler Lifts 6A6F4E38-603C-43E5-9E2A-942514BD4585
Jeep Wrangler JL Opinions on Rock Krawler Lifts 4A356E64-92D0-4BC8-8F00-5A2422E4655E

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Nope, RK offers several options to fit your budget and/or model. The Adventure series includes longer rear links and you re-use the stock rear links on the front (for Rubicon). You can also get the RK disconnects for non-Rubicon models. But if you have a Rubicon, the absolute best is the No Limit links.

If you look at the RK lifts on the Northridge 4x4 site, they have all the different levels of lifts with the different sway bar options. Theres multiple options to cover any and all budgets.
Got it. I am probably going to go with a different RK lift and add in the No Limits before spring/summer when I will need them. Thanks!
Sponsored