Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
That was the end of ordering for 2018s. That basically means the 18 JKs will run through end of year I think, with the 2018 JLs starting to come out in January.

Sort of weird that the ordering ended before they even did a press release on the Golden Eagle, but there it is.
Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Sort of weird that the ordering ended before they even did a press release on the Golden Eagle, but there it is.
They did do a press release on the Golden Eagle on Sep 1st as they always do;

http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=18512&fIId=18352&mid=1

and like before the press release came out long before anyone saw the Winter Special Editions editions.
Pictures didnā€™t come out until they were closer to delivery. We always looked forward to the new colours and hoped for images from the plant or auto shows (NAIAS) for guidance on the colour that was just a name prior to that, like Chief or Xtreme Purple.

So.. not really weird, just business as usual.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Slightly off topic, but just a little, because we have been wondering if tread lightly discount will apply to JL's, but I was also curious, does it only apply to on the lot vehicles, or can you use it if you build and order too?

eztarget

First Name
Ez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Sahara
Seems like Milous is saying order banks are still wide open for 2018 JKs right now;

http://jeepgarage.org/f89/2018-wrangler-jk-information-thread-101491-27.html#post2020781090

and from a previous post from earlier this Sunday morning;

ā€I'm showing it wide open for all models and trims (except Golden Eagle).ā€
I just spoke to my local dealer and they informed me that you can still order JK's that will be 2018 models. He said they will produce 2018 JK's the first half of the year and then switch over to making only JL's the second half.

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just spoke to my local dealer and they informed me that you can still order JK's that will be 2018 models. He said they will produce 2018 JK's the first half of the year and then switch over to making only JL's the second half.
They will still produce them next year (until the end of March is the plan) , but they will end ordering of JKs soon, so that they can clean out pending orders over the last 12 weeks or so of production. So they have to pick a final ā€˜last callā€™ timeframe, and thatā€™s likely sometime soon... itā€™s just not right now.

eztarget

First Name
Ez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Sahara
Good, because I'm not sure I'm sold on the JL. So much information out there it would be nice if Jeep filtered the truth to dealers.

Will they still make the Sahara trim? Who knows I've see YES I've seen NO.

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
I called two dealers in my area today, and they both said I can no longer order a JK. Oh the confusion!!!!

Update, and then I called a third who said he could order me a jk and we built what I want but can't pull the trigger because I have waited this long for the JL, I would feel like a quitter bailing out now.

But I really like that Willy with the half doors and this may be last chance to get it.

Last edited:

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called two dealers in my area today, and they both said I can no longer order a JK. Oh the confusion!!!!
Likely they arenā€™t taking any more because they donā€™t want to be stuck with one.

As long as Milous says the banks are open, I trust they are still open.

He posted this screen capture from yesterday with all options still open/green;

97CDA5C2-C07C-4CFF-9C8A-5D23EBB201E4.jpeg

Cap'nMike

First Name
Cap'n Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, JKUWW
Slightly off topic, but just a little, because we have been wondering if tread lightly discount will apply to JL's, but I was also curious, does it only apply to on the lot vehicles, or can you use it if you build and order too?
I had no problem using affiliate reward pricing (Tread Lightly) on the 2018 JK I have on order.
FCA sometimes excludes vehicles from the program, so itā€™s possible The new Wranglers could be ineligible, at least temporarily.

Sponsored

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Good, because I'm not sure I'm sold on the JL. So much information out there it would be nice if Jeep filtered the truth to dealers.

Will they still make the Sahara trim? Who knows I've see YES I've seen NO.
My opinion is you will be able to order a JL sport that will be comparative or better than the Sahara

JDMRN81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU, 2018 GC Altitude
Occupation
RN, doctoral student
I had no problem using affiliate reward pricing (Tread Lightly) on the 2018 JK I have on order.
FCA sometimes excludes vehicles from the program, so itā€™s possible The new Wranglers could be ineligible, at least temporarily.
Do you know if the 2018 Grand Cherokee applies?

Cap'nMike

First Name
Cap'n Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, JKUWW
Do you know if the 2018 Grand Cherokee applies?
I believe so

From the program website

+2018 MYEligible Models: All Chrysler, Jeep (including Grand Cherokee SRT), Dodge (including Challenger and Charger SRT), Ram, FIAT, Alfa Romeo Giulia, Alfa Romeo Stelvio,

Ineligible Models: 500e, Pacifica Hybrid, Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, Challenger Demon, Grand Cherokee Trackhawk

Used vehicles, demonstrators with odometer mileage exceeding 7,500 miles, Special Bid, DRAC and any vehicles sold to daily rental or Fleet Customers. Vehicles sold for export from the United States. Vehicles purchased by any broker or non-franchised dealer for the purpose of resale or lease. Replacement vehicle as a result of an arbitration award, settlement agreement, judgment, or voluntary agreement for a vehicle reacquired by FCA US LLC. A vehicle originally invoiced to non-domestic dealers. Vehicles purchased or ā€œdealer-tradedā€ from non-franchised dealers, except new vehicles acquired from qualified conversion companies.

JDMRN81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU, 2018 GC Altitude
Occupation
RN, doctoral student
I believe so

From the program website

+2018 MYEligible Models: All Chrysler, Jeep (including Grand Cherokee SRT), Dodge (including Challenger and Charger SRT), Ram, FIAT, Alfa Romeo Giulia, Alfa Romeo Stelvio,

Ineligible Models: 500e, Pacifica Hybrid, Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, Challenger Demon, Grand Cherokee Trackhawk

Used vehicles, demonstrators with odometer mileage exceeding 7,500 miles, Special Bid, DRAC and any vehicles sold to daily rental or Fleet Customers. Vehicles sold for export from the United States. Vehicles purchased by any broker or non-franchised dealer for the purpose of resale or lease. Replacement vehicle as a result of an arbitration award, settlement agreement, judgment, or voluntary agreement for a vehicle reacquired by FCA US LLC. A vehicle originally invoiced to non-domestic dealers. Vehicles purchased or ā€œdealer-tradedā€ from non-franchised dealers, except new vehicles acquired from qualified conversion companies.
Thanks! Ended up picking up a new 2018 Grand Cherokee Altitude (wife's DD) for 2% under invoice without the TL program. This dealer was the only one willing to go under invoice.
Sponsored