Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You didn't list all the items and one or two of the ones listed are included as part of packages for other items. The January price list (not sure the February list shows invoice prices and some items may have gone up) shows a MSRP of $56245 (with colored hard top) with an invoice of $52827. So invoice is $3418 below. With the other items you didn't list or a different top the invoice difference will be a little higher, maybe $3600. Your final price without TTL would hopefully be in the 4% - 6% below invoice but if you buy from a distant dealer add in the cost of getting there and bringing it back. I could have gotten mine for a little less but then an airline ticket, motel, gas getting back or driving up and towing back (Jeep recommends not going above 55 mph for first 300 miles) can cost more than getting it local.
If you have a good local dealer and their quote is reasonable it will go a long ways toward good will when you need cooperative servicing or other help versus saving a few hundred dollars somewhere else.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
If you dont mind traveling to ID, check the preferred dealers thread. Find Kent from Petersons. Best deal i could find by FAR.
What kind of deal did you get from Petersons?

OP
OP

Robmypro

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX570, 2015 GT3
You didn't list all the items and one or two of the ones listed are included as part of packages for other items. The January price list (not sure the February list shows invoice prices and some items may have gone up) shows a MSRP of $56245 (with colored hard top) with an invoice of $52827. So invoice is $3418 below. With the other items you didn't list or a different top the invoice difference will be a little higher, maybe $3600. Your final price without TTL would hopefully be in the 4% - 6% below invoice but if you buy from a distant dealer add in the cost of getting there and bringing it back. I could have gotten mine for a little less but then an airline ticket, motel, gas getting back or driving up and towing back (Jeep recommends not going above 55 mph for first 300 miles) can cost more than getting it local.
If you have a good local dealer and their quote is reasonable it will go a long ways toward good will when you need cooperative servicing or other help versus saving a few hundred dollars somewhere else.
Thanks for working out the math. I am aiming for around $48k without TTL. I requested quotes from 4 dealers (2 in ID and 2 in CO). Definitely will factor in travel but good point to bring up regardless.

I haven’t received the quote yet.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
To slightly qualify: i am purchasing 2 JLURs:
I have received quotes from 10 different dealers, across 4 different states. Kent was ~$4K under every other quote. I just didnt want to travel or put the immediate miles on my Jeep or pay for shipping costs...

Wish i was closer to ID.

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
A9AA5FA1-D93F-4EFF-99AD-F15D03207C0F.jpeg

Hey guys i think i am joining the club, but want some opinions on my spec. This will be a weekend toy, so not a DD. Probably more for light off roading, and more overlanding. I appreciate any feedback.

2.0 Liter Turbo
Auto transmission
LED lighting
Cold Weather Group
Trailer Tow Group w/HD Electrical and 4 Aux Switches
8.4 inch Radio and premium audio group
Hinge gate reinforced
Leather trim bucket seats - black interior
Cargo tub liner
All weather floor mats
Hard top headliner
Remote start
Remote proximity keyless entry

I live in Colorado so going turbo. Planning on getting aftermarket bumpers.

Also, what is a good price i should push for? MSRP is $57,480. I was thinking about contacting a couple dealers near Boise.

Thanks guys!

Rob
Does that have the steel bumper? You might want that.

Also, have you looked at the Moab package? At the risk of raising the ire of my fellow Rubicon owners, it might give you all the features you want plus full time 4WD for a bit less money. You give up lockers and electronic sway bar disconnect (I know, a couple of other things). But if you never intend to go beyond light trail riding you’ll be fine.

Check out some of the Moab threads here.

OP
OP

Robmypro

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX570, 2015 GT3
Just to update this thread, I got a quote from Kent over at Peterson's in ID for $49,892 (MSRP $57,480). I ended up buying the vehicle from Chrysler Jeep West in Golden, CO exactly the way I wanted it (either red or white was fine, liked white better in person) for $51,000 with an MSRP of $57,600. The vehicle had just arrived (plastic was still on the seats, had 12 miles) so timing worked out pretty well. Good buying experience.

jeep.jpeg
Sponsored