Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
So I guess I’m the only one with the hotheads that thinks it didn’t do much, mind you I waited over a month to post this as I wanted to be as fair as possible. There is zero sound deadening that had occurred with this setup and the sound assassin strips, I mean I listen to talk radio and the volume level is the same with and with out the headliner, it does very little in regards to that. The other point of keeping heat in the vehicle, this also is not achieved, I will wait till the north Texas summer is in full swing to see what it does to keep the heat down but I’m really not expecting much. I will say it makes the inside of the cab look way more complete and for aesthetics it add a lot of class to the interior of the vehicle but the sound claims were not experienced by me at all, I have never received anything from the vendor so this is about as unbiased as it gets, if I had to do it over again probably would have saved some money. I won’t drink the kool-aid even though I bought it I can admit it was a waste of money.
+1 on making the interior look more finished. For the next Jeep I’ll probably stick with plastidip or some custom fabrics other members have done.
Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

If you are looking for better acoustics and a finished look, Coverking is the way to go in my opinion. For heat or noise reduction, it may not work as well as some of the thicker options. The problem with the thicker options is that they do not provide complete coverage. That is why I opted to go with Coverking and then add in an additional mat material prior to applying the Coverking. I used the cheap Kilmat that you can buy from Amazon and it worked well. I am sure there are better materials to use if you want to spend more. I run a soft top during the summer so heat reduction was not a big deal. I will say that it seemed to insulate much better in the winter and I assume it would do the same in the summer. The Coverking topliner went on very easily, I purchased some additional tape but I am not sure I really needed it. Putting down the Kilmat on the other hand was a tedious process. Coverking customer service sucks, and the lead time is at least a month. The customer service from Hotheads and others seems to be much better.

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
I tried searching on GovX and got nothing. Did they remove their products already?
You don’t go through govX, you go directly through the hotheads website. It is at the final checkout.

Trojan_Actual

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Occupation
Retired Military
Hothead Headliners. Love em! Get the sound assassin option and the rear side window surrounds too!

Sponsored

fredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
If you are looking for better acoustics and a finished look, Coverking is the way to go in my opinion. For heat or noise reduction, it may not work as well as some of the thicker options. The problem with the thicker options is that they do not provide complete coverage. That is why I opted to go with Coverking and then add in an additional mat material prior to applying the Coverking. I used the cheap Kilmat that you can buy from Amazon and it worked well. I am sure there are better materials to use if you want to spend more. I run a soft top during the summer so heat reduction was not a big deal. I will say that it seemed to insulate much better in the winter and I assume it would do the same in the summer. The Coverking topliner went on very easily, I purchased some additional tape but I am not sure I really needed it. Putting down the Kilmat on the other hand was a tedious process. Coverking customer service sucks, and the lead time is at least a month. The customer service from Hotheads and others seems to be much better.
JeepinJason33,

I agree about your comments on both customer service and lead time. In fact I ordered the Coverking headliners from Morris 4x4 and after 4 1/2 months of delays and multiple excuses about COVID and shipping, (and please be patient) I decided to cancel. I still like their product better than some of the others (come on retailers provide some competition out there) because they offer full coverage of the full top, but 4 1/2 months is way too long for an online store to respond to an order. I just painted mine black for now until someone comes up with something better.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

JeepinJason33,

I agree about your comments on both customer service and lead time. In fact I ordered the Coverking headliners from Morris 4x4 and after 4 1/2 months of delays and multiple excuses about COVID and shipping, (and please be patient) I decided to cancel. I still like their product better than some of the others (come on retailers provide some competition out there) because they offer full coverage of the full top, but 4 1/2 months is way too long for an online store to respond to an order. I just painted mine black for now until someone comes up with something better.
Same thing happened to me. Morris jacked me around for months and then when I finally received it, there were missing parts! Took them another 3 weeks of telling me the parts were coming before I demanded a return. Coverking offered zero help, I mean zero, they told me to call Morris. During the process I found out that Morris is owned by Autoanything. I will NEVER buy from either company again. This was the worst experience I have had buying any product online.

Lucked out as a local guy had one for sale on craigslist and that is how I ended up with one.

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
My JL80th has the Mopar headliner. I have to say I'm very impressed with how quiet the interior of that Jeep is. And I don't have to mess with trying to install an aftermarket item.

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I had Hothead Headliners on my JK and loved them, so I went with Hothead again with my JL. The headliners insulate against the heat and also helps hold heat in the interior during winter.

Mark has excellent install videos on his website and includes detailed written instructions with your order.

The VHB tape Hothead uses now holds much better than the old Velcro strips used on my 2013 JK.

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
Could someone with the Hothead's that have been on several years (4 season weather cycles) please comment on how they are holding up. Still stuck to the top??

Thanks,

G.

Sponsored

4doorturbo

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
I just added a Hotheads to my hardtop. I am very happy with it, as it makes the interior look much nicer and reduces some of the echoey sound inside. I’m in FL and am hoping it keeps my head less hot! I added the sound assassin strips when I installed it. I give it a 10/10 when I factor in communication, customer service and look and feel of the product.
I am hopeful the smell goes away after a few days!

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I just added a Hotheads to my hardtop. I am very happy with it, as it makes the interior look much nicer and reduces some of the echoey sound inside. I’m in FL and am hoping it keeps my head less hot! I added the sound assassin strips when I installed it. I give it a 10/10 when I factor in communication, customer service and look and feel of the product.
I am hopeful the smell goes away after a few days!
The worst will, but I could still smell mine months later. Now that it's summer and hot, I think the majority of it is gone :)
Sponsored