Opinions on Hartop Headliner?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I will measure the overall sound in the cabin stock and then after headliner install and then try to take account for any vibrations or cabin echoing. I will remark on objective observations that are measurable vs subjective ones.

Just make sure you pay close attention to your phone (hands free) conversations before and after...If you listen to music a lot, pick out a few of your favorites and listen to them a lot before and then take a listen afterwards, I think you will be pleasantly surprised!
Sponsored

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Just make sure you pay close attention to your phone (hands free) conversations before and after...If you listen to music a lot, pick out a few of your favorites and listen to them a lot before and then take a listen afterwards, I think you will be pleasantly surprised!
this. Book on tape at volume 8-10 while on the interstate. And i have bad ears. Its great.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I would have gone the hot heads route but wanted to try to make my own first to keep the cost down. 1/2” foam insulation mounted with 3M double adhesive finished off with the fabric of your choice. I’m under $100 for all the supplies and they make a huge difference

F6E4AECB-5450-4CD1-B424-2D9A185ED5D0.jpeg
This looks awesome. Well done.

fredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Julia,

I do have plenty of patience, however I think two months is completely unacceptable. Do you REALLY believe that two months is an acceptable amount of time? When I can go to Amazon and order other Jeep parts and accessories and have them delivered in just a few days, I don’t think an online company should have a two month delivery date considering the competition is so much better at delivery. I’m sorry that you are having delivery issues, but I have decided I want to use your competition to deliver what I want when I want it, (without a two month delay) even if it means using another manufacturer or a different product.
Not realizing my order was never cancelled through Morris 4x4 for the Coverking headliner, I received another email today from Morris stating the headliner will not be here until March 10th. I’m glad at least they followed up with yet another delay from the order I placed back in November telling me it would be at least four and a half months from my original order date to receive my order. Well I made sure I went onto their website this time to cancel my order. I additionally stated that I wanted to be removed from both the Morris and Coverking email lists and said that I will not be doing business with either of those businesses again. Please don’t tell me that your sorry for the delay and that you appreciate my patience! I hope that nobody else has to wait 4 1/2 months for any parts from these companies. I’m now heading over to Hot Heads to order their headliner!!! It’s too bad really that Coverking is having so much trouble, because I liked the fully finished look better than the partial covering of the Hot Heads but this delay is ridiculous. Some people don’t even wait that long to have their entire vehicle built from the factory. So good riddance Morris 4x4 and CoverKing, I hope you one day get your orders in order....

Sponsored

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Getting ready to order my JLU 80th Anniversary. Looking at the Hartop Headliner option. For sure it's expensive. Any one have experience with this? Worth it? Any issues?
I have the OEM headliner on my unlimited. I like it OK. It was expensive. I have no data to support how well it reduces noise or insulates. I do like the way it looks on the hardtop.

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
Another positive for Hotheads. I actually removed the whole hardtop to install it instead of installing with it still on Jeep. Much easier, and I don't have to have fiberglass all in the truck.

Sponsored

kjb

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80th anniversary Wrangler unlimited.
I'm local and looking. Do you guys have a recommendation about either dealer? Thanks...
My sales guy was Bob Laskowski at Towne Jeep. Would deal with him again. Full disclosure, I do work for Towne but not at that location. I did not shop around on price. I ordered exactly what I wanted and couldn’t be happier.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I put the Hotheads liners in my JLU, and saw about a 2 dB drop on the same stretch of highway at the same speeds. Not hugely noticeable but can still tell the difference. What really improved was the sound of the stock stereo - it's noticeably fuller and sounds so much better. And they look pretty nice too, gives it a finished look inside.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
i did the full HotHeads kit in my JLU Willys diesel.
i installed just the Sound Assassin strips first and ran it around that way for a week or 2 and found they cut down on perceived wind and tire noise quite a bit.
adding the actual panels later seemed to make conversations and stereo sound better, but did not seem to reduce the sound pressure levels as much as just the Sound Assassin strips alone.

i'd say the fit is *almost* perfect; the rear side panels on mine were just a tiny bit proud in the corners, but i made them work.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Not realizing my order was never cancelled through Morris 4x4 for the Coverking headliner, I received another email today from Morris stating the headliner will not be here until March 10th. I’m glad at least they followed up with yet another delay from the order I placed back in November telling me it would be at least four and a half months from my original order date to receive my order. Well I made sure I went onto their website this time to cancel my order. I additionally stated that I wanted to be removed from both the Morris and Coverking email lists and said that I will not be doing business with either of those businesses again. Please don’t tell me that your sorry for the delay and that you appreciate my patience! I hope that nobody else has to wait 4 1/2 months for any parts from these companies. I’m now heading over to Hot Heads to order their headliner!!! It’s too bad really that Coverking is having so much trouble, because I liked the fully finished look better than the partial covering of the Hot Heads but this delay is ridiculous. Some people don’t even wait that long to have their entire vehicle built from the factory. So good riddance Morris 4x4 and CoverKing, I hope you one day get your orders in order....
I had a very similar experience with Morris on my coverking. After waiting forever the one they sent was missing pieces! Their service sucked and after many broken promises I sent I back. Morris is owned by autoanything... luckily I found one on Craigslist. The coverking is really nice if you can get your hands on one.
Sponsored