Sponsored

Opinions on Hartop Headliner?

au176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Islander, 2014 HD Road King
My sales guy was Bob Laskowski at Towne Jeep. Would deal with him again. Full disclosure, I do work for Towne but not at that location. I did not shop around on price. I ordered exactly what I wanted and couldn’t be happier.
Thank you Kyle.
Sponsored

Jorginho 113

First Name
Jorginho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue JLUR 6-Speed
Hi,
We do have an exclusive JL forum members discount running right now. The code JL12 will get you 12% off.
We hope that helps
I’m looking to purchase the hardtop and full floor for the JL in the next few days, are you still offering a discount forum code?

Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
I would have gone the hot heads route but wanted to try to make my own first to keep the cost down. 1/2” foam insulation mounted with 3M double adhesive finished off with the fabric of your choice. I’m under $100 for all the supplies and they make a huge difference

F6E4AECB-5450-4CD1-B424-2D9A185ED5D0.jpeg
That's beautiful. We're looking at a Sarge Green JLUR with tan leather and doing this in OCP camo after painting the roof black. Will 3/4" insulation fit or will it interfere with the freedom panel latches?

Z&KOJL

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
That's beautiful. We're looking at a Sarge Green JLUR with tan leather and doing this in OCP camo after painting the roof black. Will 3/4" insulation fit or will it interfere with the freedom panel latches?
That will look great. 3/4 should fit but it will be close on the front latch.

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
So I guess I’m the only one with the hotheads that thinks it didn’t do much, mind you I waited over a month to post this as I wanted to be as fair as possible. There is zero sound deadening that had occurred with this setup and the sound assassin strips, I mean I listen to talk radio and the volume level is the same with and with out the headliner, it does very little in regards to that. The other point of keeping heat in the vehicle, this also is not achieved, I will wait till the north Texas summer is in full swing to see what it does to keep the heat down but I’m really not expecting much. I will say it makes the inside of the cab look way more complete and for aesthetics it add a lot of class to the interior of the vehicle but the sound claims were not experienced by me at all, I have never received anything from the vendor so this is about as unbiased as it gets, if I had to do it over again probably would have saved some money. I won’t drink the kool-aid even though I bought it I can admit it was a waste of money.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

So I guess I’m the only one with the hotheads that thinks it didn’t do much, mind you I waited over a month to post this as I wanted to be as fair as possible. There is zero sound deadening that had occurred with this setup and the sound assassin strips, I mean I listen to talk radio and the volume level is the same with and with out the headliner, it does very little in regards to that. The other point of keeping heat in the vehicle, this also is not achieved, I will wait till the north Texas summer is in full swing to see what it does to keep the heat down but I’m really not expecting much. I will say it makes the inside of the cab look way more complete and for aesthetics it add a lot of class to the interior of the vehicle but the sound claims were not experienced by me at all, I have never received anything from the vendor so this is about as unbiased as it gets, if I had to do it over again probably would have saved some money. I won’t drink the kool-aid even though I bought it I can admit it was a waste of money.
You are not the only one. My neighbor was not happy with his and that is what drove me to the Coverking and Kilmat option. While it was a pain in the ass process, it made a significant difference in reducing the outside noise level and the radio sounds noticeably better. Plus, the entire inside is now black and looks much more finished. I only run the top during the winter so I don't care about the heat reduction.

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
Just installed my Hotheads this weekend. Still chilly here in the North East on occasion and I noticed a difference with the heater running. The Alpine stereo sounds better in my opinion too. Everyone agrees that has seen them, that the inside looks much better as well. Now I just need the smell to dissipate a bit from what I am guessing is the wood they use.

I will add that if you are registered with GovX, that at the checkout for Hotheads you can sign in and get 10% off which I found to be a nice gesture from the company.

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
Just installed my Hotheads this weekend. Still chilly here in the North East on occasion and I noticed a difference with the heater running. The Alpine stereo sounds better in my opinion too. Everyone agrees that has seen them, that the inside looks much better as well. Now I just need the smell to dissipate a bit from what I am guessing is the wood they use.

I will add that if you are registered with GovX, that at the checkout for Hotheads you can sign in and get 10% off which I found to be a nice gesture from the company.
I have the alpine too, I didn’t notice any reduction in wind noise on the freeway at all and tbh I really shouldn’t have lol we drive big boxes

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
You are not the only one. My neighbor was not happy with his and that is what drove me to the Coverking and Kilmat option. While it was a pain in the ass process, it made a significant difference in reducing the outside noise level and the radio sounds noticeably better. Plus, the entire inside is now black and looks much more finished. I only run the top during the winter so I don't care about the heat reduction.
All of the headliner options will work to an extent in regards to sound deadening and insulation. We made a Headliner Comparison Video that compares some of the various Jeep Headliner options available, including our Hothead Headliners, Mopar Headliners, CoverKing, etc. We didn't go into much depth, we simply just wanted to show each headliner up close so the viewer can see what materials they are made of, how they're made and what they look like.

https://hotheadheadliners.com/pages/headliner-comparison

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

All of the headliner options will work to an extent in regards to sound deadening and insulation. We made a Headliner Comparison Video that compares some of the various Jeep Headliner options available, including our Hothead Headliners, Mopar Headliners, CoverKing, etc. We didn't go into much depth, we simply just wanted to show each headliner up close so the viewer can see what materials they are made of, how they're made and what they look like.

https://hotheadheadliners.com/pages/headliner-comparison
As mentioned in my comments, I added a sound deadening material. This was a ton of extra work and the material I picked was more for sound deadening that heat reduction. Your product is nice and if it provided full coverage, I would have gone with it. I just wanted the entire top lined so I did not see the fiberglass anywhere.

Sponsored

Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
As mentioned in my comments, I added a sound deadening material. This was a ton of extra work and the material I picked was more for sound deadening that heat reduction. Your product is nice and if it provided full coverage, I would have gone with it. I just wanted the entire top lined so I did not see the fiberglass anywhere.
I want to paint my ceiling black and install home made fabric wrapped panels in the recessed sections after maybe filling the shallow areas with a foam sealant under where the panels will go. I'm a little worried that I would have a hard time reversing the process if I don't like it. Maybe I'll just go the insulated tape route.

Burt

First Name
Burt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2014 FJ Cruiser (TTUE), 2016 Camry XLE (wife’s)
Occupation
Retired
Installed the Hotheads head liner and instantly noticed better sound out of the stereo , and I live and wheel in the Phoenix Az desert and it does help in keeping the heat down in the cab in the summer. Would think it would help with the cold too, just don’t have any experience yet.

Additionally one panel came down as I didn’t do a good job installing, and Hotheads sent me the tape and instructions on how to remove and replace the tape at no charge.

K9-01

First Name
Chantelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
I'm considering a coverking
I've never heard of Covering until this thread. I checked it out and actually like the look more than Hotheads as it covers the entire hardtop interior, not just sections of it. Anyone else have the one from Covering and can provide an honest review?

Last edited:

K9-01

First Name
Chantelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
I will add that if you are registered with GovX, that at the checkout for Hotheads you can sign in and get 10% off
I tried searching on GovX and got nothing. Did they remove their products already?

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I wouldn't expect much sound difference with talk radio. Not a lot going on there sound wise. I generally listen to music and I can hear a difference. No so much that it's quieter in there, I mean it's a jeep. But, the music sounds cleaner if that makes sense.

I live in Fla so not much to say about the cold, but it definitely made a difference in the summer. I don't know about those who say it's cooler in the jeep, but I could really feel the heat radiating off the top when stuck in traffic or sitting in a parking lot before the headliner. Really big difference after.
Sponsored