First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherockee 2009, Jeep Wrangler sport 2012
Occupation
Plumber
The Mopar factory Jeep Wrangler Headliner is the only one I have personal experience with. The Mopar Jeep headliner is a complete kit that covers all the hardtop panels including the side windows. Must say that the factory Jeep headliner is a safe purchase
Sponsored

OP
OP
BackToWrangler

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
Might want to check when you order. I ordered a 80th anniversary unlimited with the hardtop and i didn’t want the headliner but it was mandatory even though you can configure It online without. Wouldn’t let the dealer remove it from the order. We tried three times and the headliner kept coming back on. Took delivery a few days ago and now that’s it on there I can move on to other mods.
Wow I had no idea. How long ago was it that you placed the order? We will probably place the order today. Let's see what happens...

bigd652

First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Altitude
The Mopar factory Jeep Wrangler Headliner is the only one I have personal experience with. The Mopar Jeep headliner is a complete kit that covers all the hardtop panels including the side windows. Must say that the factory Jeep headliner is a safe purchase
I agree. So far so good with mopar headliner here.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BackToWrangler

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
Well I noticed you got your order in today on one of the other threads. Congrats! Was the headliner still a mandatory add on with the hardtop?
Nope. Wasn't required. Of course the convenience group was...even though the web Jeep builder doesn't require it. If I had to have something I would have taken the headliner over that. :)

kjb

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80th anniversary Wrangler unlimited.
Nope. Wasn't required. Of course the convenience group was...even though the web Jeep builder doesn't require it. If I had to have something I would have taken the headliner over that. :)
Interesting. Nonetheless I got what I wanted and maybe some more. No regrets. Hope you get a speedy build and delivery so you can start enjoying!

evilt1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU Sahara, soon to be 2021 JLU Willys
When I ordered my '21 JLU Willys in October I was told it was a mandatory "option" in my market. I'm in the Buffalo NY area so it does get cold here but I've had a '97 Sahara, '04 Rubicon, and '10 JKU Sahara and I've never felt I needed anything more than the stock hardtop.

kjb

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80th anniversary Wrangler unlimited.
When I ordered my '21 JLU Willys in October I was told it was a mandatory "option" in my market. I'm in the Buffalo NY area so it does get cold here but I've had a '97 Sahara, '04 Rubicon, and '10 JKU Sahara and I've never felt I needed anything more than the stock hardtop.
Towne Jeep by any chance?

Sponsored

fredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I ordered a Coverking headliner from Morris 4x4 back on November 30th. They had the headliner on sale at $299 plus were offering a $30 discount, so I decided to go ahead and order. When I ordered it I received an email that they should be contacting me to give my shipping information between 12/8 & 12/10. Okay so a week and a half before they were going to ship... Well I reached out to Morris 4x4 on the 9th since I hadn’t heard anything since I ordered. I got a reply that they would let me know sometime after the 10th regarding shipping. At the end of the day on the 10th (around 7:00pm EST) I again reached out. The next day (12/11) at 7:30pm I received another email from Morris 4x4 stating that they would not be shipping my order until sometime around 1/27/2021..... They gave the standard pandemic/natural disasters causing challenges, however I don’t get delays like that from anyone else when ordering online. Since they could not be upfront with me on the day I contacted them, I decided to cancel my order. Additionally with another 6 week delay that was not acceptable, especially in today’s day and age when I can go to Amazon and order something and have it sitting on my doorstep within 1-2 days. I’ll admit that maybe I’m spoiled by having excellent online service and delivery, but a 2 month turn around from the day I ordered my headliner to the date they plan to ship is unacceptable. I really wanted to give Coverking a shot and was hoping it would be a good product because I have heard good things about them, but there are plenty of other headliners out there without having to wait 2 months to arrive. If you do plan to order a Coverking be prepared to wait.

Ed Pursell

First Name
-Ed-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys- 3.6 Pentastar,8 speed Auto, Selec-Trac transfer case
Occupation
Supervisor- MRO Buyer Maintenance- Pet food Mfg.
Hotheads have a good review, my bought new 2016 Willys I had the Mopar installed and liked them. My new 2021 Willys I ordered with the Mopar are good also. When I had my new 2012 JKU, I didn’t have any headliners and I can tell you whatever brand you go with, they are a nice option. I just figured with my 2021 Willys build, I might as well go with factory Mopar ones. What ever brand you go with, it’s better than without. Keeps heat in better in winter, and summer, there is a difference with the sun beating on the top. To me, the Mopar was fine, looks good and works for me.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I actually want to run the Coverking and the Headliner/Mopar panels. I figure it would deaden sound as much as possible outside of fully lining everything with Sound Assassin.

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
I drove around without a headliner for about 2 months. After doing some research online, I bought a Hotheads Headliner kit and it's been perfect. It makes the inside of the Jeep much cooler in the summer and my AC doesn't have to work as hard to maintain interior temps. It makes my music sound better and it seems to make the interior a bit more quiet from road noise, but it's not drastic.
I would suggest you buy a Hotheads Headliner. Great company to do business with and great quality product. I think they are better than the factory headliners.
Skip the factory option. I did Hotheads only because I got a deal from someone here who bought them and then sold the Jeep. Look into Boom Mat instead. Way cheaper and a buddy has them and for the difference in price they are just as good. Order you up some Dynamat sound deadening. Lay that down and then do the Boom Mat.
+1 for Hotheads

I got the hotheads for my jeep the week after I bough it. Less than they'd charge for the factory version and that included the sound deadening strips and the pieces to go around the side windows of the hardtop, which the factory version does not have. Really high quality product and PERFECT fit. I was really impressed. My stereo did sound better after the install. Definitely made a difference in heat back in the summer.
I suggest hot heads but when I get in a Jeep without a headliner I kinda miss the white and openness Jeep feel if that makes sense. Also I’ve seen some options that are thinner than hotheads and I kinda like the thinner look. Just make sure you do a good prep job prior to installing. I had to do part of mine twice. Also at times you’ll find liners for sale in the members area. That’s how I got mine and it was half the price and in perfect shape.

5BDEC91D-9323-4890-A95D-A43B0578A708.jpeg
Thanks for the glowing recommendations, everyone! Being a small US business, we really appreciate all of the referrals. We take a lot of pride in both our products and customer service and are delighted to hear everyone is happy with both.

-Mark
Sponsored