UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
STT Pro fan boy for life. I watched them drag a disabled JK off Dutch John at Uwharrie in the mud. @chevymitchell towed that guy through places I had to winch through. I was sold from that point. I put a set of 37s on my Jeep about 8 months ago and my first real trip with them, I found myself in the same situation - towing a disabled JK out of Windrock. These tires have been nothing short of phenomenal. It is going to take something drastic for me to switch to another tire when these wear out.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Good to hear! Are you running 37s or 35s? My only concern now is that the 35s have an E sidewall.
Don't worry about the E load rating, better sidewall protection and a bit thicker rubber throughout, a bit firmer and less compliant when aired down, but for the tire you're getting that's a worthwhile tradeoff IMO.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Good to hear! Are you running 37s or 35s? My only concern now is that the 35s have an E sidewall.
Mine are 37s so probably not E rated. Maybe run them at a lower PSI? I’m still new to all this. For mine, I run at 32 PSI (weird number I know). At 35 PSI, the ride seems really rough as they warm and at 30, seems too tread like for the highway. I could also be crazy, haha.

Sting Gray Rubi

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
If anyone is running the 315/70s can you measure them? I'm curious how they measure up to a 35x12.50 tire. Thanks!

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Cooper STT Pros get VERY loud @50% imo

Sponsored

zw470

First Name
McFly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR
If anyone is running the 315/70s can you measure them? I'm curious how they measure up to a 35x12.50 tire. Thanks!
I don't have a way to measure but I used 33.77" for my Tazer and my speedo is dead-on with a GPS app. I'm shocked at how quiet a tire this aggressive is. I had the M/TR-Ks on my JK and they were absurdly loud. The ride is good for an E-rated tire, they were at 40psi when I picked them up and it was quite jarring, but once I chalked them and lowered it to 29psi the ride improved tremendously. Had them in heavy rain once and didn't have any issues. Haven't taken them off-road yet, but next month I'm going to head up to Peter's Mill Run to break them in.

Jeep Wrangler JL Opinions on Cooper STT Pro? 66E6A843-BED1-4E97-B62F-F5095E4F3EB0

Last edited:

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I know that it’s probably a long shot, but has anyone run the E rated 37s (13.5”) and the D rated ones (12.5”) to be able to directly compare the two?

RockyMtJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
For those who are wondering how they do in the snow... We have had our snowiest winter in Denver in the past several years. These tires do fine driving around town in 4Hi in the snow. In 2WD in the snow they are pretty bad. Several times I have tried driving in 2WD with traction control on in the snow and from a complete stop at an intersection, they don't have enough grip to get through the light. Let me say, these are mud tires, I am not surprised they don't perform in the snow. Do I wish they did better in the snow, of course. Would I sell them to get something better in the snow... no. I am fine with driving in 4hi in the snow, which they do fine. I wouldn't trade what they do off-road for what I wish they did a bit better on-road in the snow. For those who are looking for a tire that does great in the snow, this isn't your tire, in my opinion. Do I love these tires? Yes. They are awesome 95% of the time.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My experience with these tires in a 37x12.5 "D" load range is they are one of the best off road tires I've owned. Mine have 40+ thousand on them. Flat towed aprox 30K to trail heads and driven another 15K 90% off pavement. Traction and durabilty have been excellent. They still have a lot of legal tread remaining and the side wall, tread condition is excellent which is more than I can say for the rock rashed wheels. However, these have gotten loud and rough riding. If you want full mileage use of these tires, I do not recommend them if you do more pavement than dirt. Pavement pounding is not there forte and as they wear they are kinda hard to live with on longer pavement runs.
I just yesterday replaced them with 35x12.5r17 KO2's "C" because my 4.10 geared JLR is going to be doing more hiway driving road trips and not flat towed. I have compromised some off road ability for pavement bias but that's just the way it is. BTW, only driven these A/T's less than 20 miles but already know these are the right choice for my rigs new use.
Haha, if any body wants a set of used off road M/T's that will still kick ass vs A/T's off road. Mine will be listed tomorrow.

Geckosupra

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler
JL 2DR Rubicon Auto

Prior Nitto fanboy - I love my STT Pro’s 37x12.50/17 they are a little louder than my Ridge Grapplers 35’s were, but not as loud as my Trail Grappler 35’s
(they aren’t very loud for a mud tire)

Ride far superior - 28psi
- 50 mile interstate daily commute

Wet weather is way better than both the Nittos.
Mud seems about same as Trail and better than the Ridge

I Haven’t been in Sand yet -

IMO STT Pro’s are superior for my needs thus far after 6 months

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I've run STT Pro's but on an HD truck, not a Jeep. They wore very unevenly and while very quiet (for an MT) new, sounded like a helicopter after about 10k miles. They did perform outstanding though.

I'd consider running them again but man, they got very loud around 50% life.
Sponsored