Sponsored

Opinions on component selection for steering upgrade with 37s

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have a '19 JLUR with Metal Cloak 2.5 Gamechanger currently running 35s. I have 37s on order and want to upgrade the steering components (tie rod, drag link, stabilizer). I've read some posts on the forum but am just starting to research available products. Any thoughts on what has worked well for other members (company, specific product)?
Sponsored

RidgebackWrangler

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Prius LE, 2021 Toyota Prius Prime
I would like to hang out for some info to. I have done lots of reading and watched lots of videos but no real work experience since this will be my first Wrangler. Its on order and should be hear by December. Any personal experience and pros and cons out there would be great info.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I have a '19 JLUR with Metal Cloak 2.5 Gamechanger currently running 35s. I have 37s on order and want to upgrade the steering components (tie rod, drag link, stabilizer). I've read some posts on the forum but am just starting to research available products. Any thoughts on what has worked well for other members (company, specific product)?
Up until recently, I had a Steersmarts tie rod and drag link. Great products and very strong, but Metalcloak is one of the flexiest lifts out there, so clocking the pinch clamp bolts took a lot of trial and error. They left scars on components that I never thought would be in the way.

I just recently switch to a set of 2.5 ton rated 2" solid aluminum linkages from RPM Performance. They are even stronger, resist being bent from impacts, and have nothing protruding from them because the use jamb nuts.

I opted for the Fox TS stabilizer and relocated it above the tie rod with the axle bracket and tie rod clamp from steersmarts. I had to replace the clamp for an RPM one to go with their larger diameter bar.

Steersmarts:
Jeep Wrangler JL Opinions on component selection for steering upgrade with 37s 20200613_202559

RPM Performance:
Jeep Wrangler JL Opinions on component selection for steering upgrade with 37s 20211013_132423

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
No issues with Synergy. That’s the low cost Teraflex SS and Synergy SS relocation kit with their tie rod and drag link.
Jeep Wrangler JL Opinions on component selection for steering upgrade with 37s C4B98B91-D679-4EF3-9336-75CE641724C3
Sponsored