Opinions of Steersmarts on the Trail?

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
When the JLR was lifted, a complete set of Steer Smart stuff (w/Griff) was installed along with the Synergy Sector Shaft Stabilizer.

Diff Cover Front.jpg
IMG_9780.jpg
IMG_9779.jpg

The Steer Smart stuff has been great!. No issues.
On the road, much better than stock.
Off road... rock solid :D.

IMG_0810.JPG

Differently a worthy upgrade.
Have a picture of the axle side mount stabilizer mount? It seems I can’t mount mine because of the Metal Cloak skid. :(
Sponsored

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
This is the steer smarts axle side stabilizer mount. Which metal cloak skid is an issue?

Jeep Wrangler JL Opinions of Steersmarts on the Trail? 1190B529-DEBE-485D-817A-DF724A2C6AE0
The FAD skid. I’m going to take a closer look this evening and give it once over. Maybe we missed something?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
It appears to be available on Steer Smarts site

A65F762E-5DCB-4034-B654-BC3584400140.jpeg
The pro is just the regular with poly bushing right? Maybe they weren’t selling as well? If they still sell the poly bushings you can get the regular track bar and then buy the poly bushings and replace them. Only problem is you would have to pay someone to replace them if you don’t have a press.

Sorry I replied to the wrong post lol

Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This is the steer smarts axle side stabilizer mount. Which metal cloak skid is an issue?

Jeep Wrangler JL Opinions of Steersmarts on the Trail? A65F762E-5DCB-4034-B654-BC3584400140
Looks like yours does what mine does. The stabilizer relocation puts the bolt for the stabilizer in a spot where when you turn all the way to the passenger side, it rubs on the tie rod. See markups on your picture. This happens at ride height and only when turned as far as it can go to that side. You can replicate it in your driveway standing still.

876E2F5E-A717-4D25-A10B-56573533150A.jpeg

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The pro is just the regular with poly bushing right? Maybe they weren’t selling as well? If they still sell the poly bushings you can get the regular track bar and then buy the poly bushings and replace them. Only problem is you would have to pay someone to replace them if you don’t have a press.

Sorry I replied to the wrong post lol
Honestly my SS frame side trackbar bushing had a lot of play in it. I had someone press out the standard bushing and press in the pro bushing and it has been much better. They should all come this way.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Looks like yours does what mine does. The stabilizer relocation puts the bolt for the stabilizer in a spot where when you turn all the way to the passenger side, it rubs on the tie rod. See markups on your picture. This happens at ride height and only when turned as far as it can go to that side. You can replicate it in your driveway standing still.

Jeep Wrangler JL Opinions of Steersmarts on the Trail? 876E2F5E-A717-4D25-A10B-56573533150A
It did, but that was with the stock tie rod. When I replaced with the synergy tie rod there was no more rubbing.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Honestly my SS frame side trackbar bushing had a lot of play in it. I had someone press out the standard bushing and press in the pro bushing and it has been much better. They should all come this way.
I can’t disagree. Seems the track bar needs to be the most over engineered part of the steering, size and bushings.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
It did, but that was with the stock tie rod. When I replaced with the synergy tie rod there was no more rubbing.
Glad the synergy tie rod doesn’t hit the bolt. Even though the rubbing/scraping isn’t much and I’m not worried about it, it’s still frustrating when I have a Steersmarts product colliding with another Steersmarts product.

Sponsored

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Glad the synergy tie rod doesn’t hit the bolt. Even though the rubbing/scraping isn’t much and I’m not worried about it, it’s still frustrating when I have a Steersmarts product colliding with another Steersmarts product.
So it rubs against the steer smarts tie-rod?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So it rubs against the steer smarts tie-rod?
Why not use trackbar bolt for stabilizer?

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I used the track bar bolt that came with the fox stabilizer(not the Synergy one and I’m not sure if there is a difference) and it made the actual body of the stabilizer rub against the stock tie-rod. Also I couldnt get the fox bolt torqued enough. Seemed like the threads stopped too early. So i went with something that mounted the stabilizer a little higher but then the bottom of the bolt rubbed like shown above lol. The next logical step was to replace the Tie-rod which i had planned to do anyway.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I had a crappy experience using the falcon stabilizer that uses the trackbar bolt on my JK. First I wasn’t thrilled with the torque spec being like 80 lbs when stock is like 125. Second, somehow I cross threaded the bolt on install somehow with the bolt about 50% of the way spun on. Couldn’t get it to tighten enough and couldn’t get it off. With how it installs, the only way to start the nut is by hand so not really sure how I managed to cross thread it.

Though likely user error, after the project that turned into to get it freed, I just can’t stomach it.
Sponsored