Sponsored

Opinion on Rear Cup holders with leather seats!

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
It does not touch
When you flip the headrest, do they still touch? Or are you saying it’ll crush the plastic instead of leather
Sponsored

bilcol81

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Retired
Added the cup holders to my Jeep today. The headrest does push on the cup holders some when the seats are folded down but it’s not a big deal. 95% of the time when I fold the seats down and put something light on top of the seats it won’t put much pressure on the headrest. The other 5% I’ll just take the headrest off the seat / armrest. Glad I have the rear cup holders now.
Do you have a part number and where did you purchase?

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a part number and where did you purchase?
Dealership ordered mine for 53.00 and with the labor of about 30 minutes it was a total of 71.00

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
My concern is the full weight of whatever you put there will be on the headrest.
That's what most people who are concerned about adding the cup holder are worried about. Not so much the angle of the folded seat. You are not alone with that concern.

Added the cup holders to my Jeep today. The headrest does push on the cup holders some when the seats are folded down... ......I’ll just take the headrest off the seat / armrest. Glad I have the rear cup holders now.
That's exactly what I did. I don't haul 4 passengers in my Jeep, so why do I need a center head rest. I just took it off and put it in a box of "Jeep stuff" so I don't lose it. Added bonus, I have better visibility out the back when the seats are up now.

And no, you're rear passengers aren't left without a cup holder if you do that. They can simply use the floor mounted ones you installed. You're just trading the head rest cup holders for a floor mounted set.

When you flip the headrest, do they still touch? Or are you saying it’ll crush the plastic instead of leather
It shouldn't touch if you flip it. The leather angles more than the plastic. You should have no issue if you flip the headrest, but you probably won't be able to have anything in them with the seat down because it will overhang the cup holder.

Here's a link to a thread that prompted me to swap my useless try for a cup holder, complete with installation instructions. cup holder thread
The part number you're looking for is 6BN67TX7AC. I got mine from Steve White (a mopar dealer in NC) for $45. Part link

Here's a photo of my seats folded against the cup holder.
cupholder-with-head-restraint-jpg.jpg

And then with the head restraint removed. You've got a ton of room, with enough space that even your drinks will be able to stand easily.
cupholder-without-head-restraint-jpg.jpg

As for the angle. Notice the minor difference between the seat and seat-back on the right side of both of those images. It's not far from folding all the way down, but it is resting on the head restraint. Like Skye, I was concerned about damaging the head restraint or cup holder, not the seats or their actual angle.

Sponsored

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's what most people who are concerned about adding the cup holder are worried about. Not so much the angle of the folded seat. You are not alone with that concern.

That's exactly what I did. I don't haul 4 passengers in my Jeep, so why do I need a center head rest. I just took it off and put it in a box of "Jeep stuff" so I don't lose it. Added bonus, I have better visibility out the back when the seats are up now.

And no, you're rear passengers aren't left without a cup holder if you do that. They can simply use the floor mounted ones you installed. You're just trading the head rest cup holders for a floor mounted set.

It shouldn't touch if you flip it. The leather angles more than the plastic. You should have no issue if you flip the headrest, but you probably won't be able to have anything in them with the seat down because it will overhang the cup holder.

Here's a link to a thread that prompted me to swap my useless try for a cup holder, complete with installation instructions. cup holder thread
The part number you're looking for is 6BN67TX7AC. I got mine from Steve White (a mopar dealer in NC) for $45. Part link

Here's a photo of my seats folded against the cup holder.
cupholder-with-head-restraint-jpg.jpg

And then with the head restraint removed. You've got a ton of room, with enough space that even your drinks will be able to stand easily.
cupholder-without-head-restraint-jpg.jpg

As for the angle. Notice the minor difference between the seat and seat-back on the right side of both of those images. It's not far from folding all the way down, but it is resting on the head restraint. Like Skye, I was concerned about damaging the head restraint or cup holder, not the seats or their actual angle.
for the time your hauling something or sleeping into or loading something heavy ....Just take it out and slide it under passenger seat

it's a small Price to pay to have 2 additional cup holders

Last edited:

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm liking the idea of having the extra cup holders and if needed just pull the headrest.

A side by side shot and a couple of the back side:
rear02.jpg

rear03.jpg

rear04.jpg

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
for the time your hauling something or sleeping into or loading something heavy ....Just take it out and slide it under passenger seat

it's a small Price to pay to have 2 additional cup holders
Yeah I considered that, but I seriously never have enough people in my Jeep to use the center seat. I haul my dogs with the seats folded down quite often (one of which is a 120 lbs Rottweiler). I figure if I even plan to have a 5th person in the Jeep, I'll just grab the head rest out of the box and stick it back on. Otherwise, I've got 4 cup holders just like before except the rear set is much more accessible now. I guess if I had back seat passengers (non-dog) the extra 2 cup holders might be nice to have and I'd probably leave it in.

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Anybody have "issues" with the rear armrest (with leather interior) being loose and rattling? I noticed it yesterday. 5 minutes later, I was in a position where I had to "stop short" and it actually flipped down on its own. Mine is definitely not latching tightly....and the car is less than 10 days old.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Anybody have "issues" with the armrest being loose and rattling? I noticed it yesterday. 5 minutes later, I was in a position where I had to "stop short" and it actually flipped down on its own. Mine is definitely not latching tightly....and the car is less than 10 days old.
Did you make sure it was actually latched tightly when in the raised position?

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Yep. It sounds like it catches, but then the slightest tug pulls it down.
Well, that's what warranties are for I suppose. Mine fell down once but it was because my 6 year old hadn't lifted it up hard enough.

Vesper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Anybody have "issues" with the rear armrest (with leather interior) being loose and rattling? I noticed it yesterday. 5 minutes later, I was in a position where I had to "stop short" and it actually flipped down on its own. Mine is definitely not latching tightly....and the car is less than 10 days old.
I’ve had the same experience. I’ve had to resort to really slamming it up to lock it in place.

imrantj

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 Sahara Unlimited
This is what I meant, if you look at the center "seat" it seems like the headrest overlaps the tray a bit
Any chance you can share a video of how you did the installation of the cupholders please? I'm not able to figure out how to remove the existing trays. Thanks

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase