Sponsored

Opinion on Rear Cup holders with leather seats!

Skye

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Nuclear FSE
You guys think there will be an issue when folding down the seats if we do replace the tray with the cupholders?

Part of me thinks that the reason that it's a flat tray is because when the seats fold down, the headrest/cupholder slides above that tray, and that it isn't an issue in the fabric JLs because there is no extended headrest/cupholder on them.

I dont have my JL yet but I imagine that the seat backs move up slightly when the seat bottoms get closer to the floor when tumbling the second row
You are absolutely correct!
20180402_081936.jpg

JDP

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Well I was planning on converting my trays to the cup holder but this obviously will not work. Thanks a lot for posting that and bringing it up. Now I won’t waste my money

jayz235

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara
6BN67TX7AB has been replaced by 6BN67TX7AC. Before anyone asks I haven't installed it, was just searching for more definitive info while waiting for my jeep and found out the part number had been updated.
That part number is not listed for me, I only see the previous part number. I'm curious if you're still able to locate the updated version. I was going to purchase this today!

Sponsored

marv1294

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Student
It's only a few inches higher, what's the big deal?
If it means the seat not folding down flat like it's supposed to, count me out haha

Going home from school in WV this weekend, probably gonna swing by the NY Auto Show and check out their JL and be that one guy who folds down the seats and takes a picture haha

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
It's only going to increase the angle by a few degrees. Everyone's acting like they have to carry the most fragile, cheap, made in China drywall or something

Skye

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Nuclear FSE
It's only going to increase the angle by a few degrees. Everyone's acting like they have to carry the most fragile, cheap, made in China drywall or something
My concern is the full weight of whatever you put there will be on the headrest.

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
My concern is the full weight of whatever you put there will be on the headrest.
Yeah I’d bet they’re more concerned about the weight put on the leather headrest than about the actual angle difference ! Lol
Looks like FCA engineer are not as dumb as some keep saying they are : there IS a reason behind the « no floor cupholder for leather seats »

Sponsored

FLECK-5

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Added the cup holders to my Jeep today. The headrest does push on the cup holders some when the seats are folded down but it’s not a big deal. 95% of the time when I fold the seats down and put something light on top of the seats it won’t put much pressure on the headrest. The other 5% I’ll just take the headrest off the seat / armrest. Glad I have the rear cup holders now.

crushinit

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and WK2
Makes me laugh- not doing it because of a slight angle when seats are folded. If you're not hauling 1000 lead bricks, it's just fine. If you happen to be, just pull the headrest.

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
The cup holders were worth it for me and I fold down the rear seats a lot.

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Added the cup holders to my Jeep today. The headrest does push on the cup holders some when the seats are folded down but it’s not a big deal. 95% of the time when I fold the seats down and put something light on top of the seats it won’t put much pressure on the headrest. The other 5% I’ll just take the headrest off the seat / armrest. Glad I have the rear cup holders now.
You can also flip headrest around
71.00 total
Worth every penny

20180419_131245.jpg

20180517_094806.jpg

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
You can also flip headrest around
71.00 total
Worth every penny

20180419_131245.jpg

20180517_094806.jpg
When you flip the headrest, do they still touch? Or are you saying it’ll crush the plastic instead of leather
Sponsored