Sponsored

Grimmjpr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Other than they are very heavy, I have always heard good things about them. I have had them on my list of tires to get many times and I just never ended up pulling the trigger on them. Something else always got my attention. They are very popular in Australia for being very tough.

Tintop

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I have these in 315/70/17. They are the best tires I've ever used. Absolutely quiet on the highway, great handling, & great ride. I was looking for something that looked more aggressive than the BFG ATs but didn't sacrifice ride/noise. Of course they are a bit heavier than the BFG C Rated, but they are comparable or lighter than a lot of the other "35's" out there.

OP
OP

JeepingKarla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Occupation
Mothetfucker
Comparing 285/70/17s they don't seem heavy at all. Nitto and Thompson are heavier. Even Duratracs. BFGs 1lb less

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Comparing 285/70/17s they don't seem heavy at all. Nitto and Thompson are heavier. Even Duratracs. BFGs 1lb less
Are you going to lift? I have a Sport S with the same wheels on order and I would like to go to the same size tires without a lift.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JeepingKarla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Occupation
Mothetfucker
Are you going to lift? I have a Sport S with the same wheels on order and I would like to go to the same size tires without a lift.
Yes I'm going to lift. I have a 2.5 RC kit

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
I have these in 315-70-17 and they are great tires. However I feel they r to small for my rubicon with 2.5 lift, i will be selling all 5 to upgrade the size to 37” which I feel is more appropriate for what I use my Jeep for.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Cons: Heavy and expensive

Pros: Quiet, rugged, and good traction

I had them once in 285/75-16 and I was shocked at how heavy they were. But now days, what shocks me more is the price. Hell, you can buy the STT Pro which is a newer and arguably better tire for less money. I don't understand why the ST Maxx pricing went up so much after all these years.
Sponsored