Sponsored

OPINION? Are falcon 3.3 shocks overated?

Are Falcon shocks any good?

• Total voters

cwadle

First Name
cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been looking into premium shocks and suspension components, and while I was initially very interested in falcon shocks, I’ve been finding more and more mixed reviews.

So the question is, are falcon 3.3 shocks really that great? What experience have you all had with them, and what are some other alternatives in a similar price range??
Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Wish I could offer some insight but I don’t have them. Interested in seeing people’s opinions

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
I’ve run the Falcon 3.3 shocks and the Fox 2.0 shocks on my 2dr JLR with both the stock Rubicon springs and RK 2.5” springs.

The build quality on the Falcons is impressive, not quite high end Fox or King nice but close. Unfortunately for my ride quality preferences the Falcons were way too firm, especially in colder weather. Small bump compliance suffered noticeably compared to the OEM shocks. Jersey doesn’t exactly have pristine roads and the valving/ excessive low speed compression in the Falcon shocks grew too annoying to tolerate so I put the OEM shocks back on. I’m trying to get my Falcons revalved to alleviate my issues with them.

AZJLU1100

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
They are horrible IMO. I have them installed and I have to air down to 15 psi to drive down a dirt road. Do not go with them if you want a smooth ride. I will sell you mine at a very reasonable price if you are still interested in buy them!

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been looking into premium shocks and suspension components, and while I was initially very interested in falcon shocks, I’ve been finding more and more mixed reviews.

So the question is, are falcon 3.3 shocks really that great? What experience have you all had with them, and what are some other alternatives in a similar price range??
I recommend accutune with custom tuned shocks to your ride, you wont be dissapointed

Sponsored

ProjectJL

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I run Falcons on my Jeep with a Teraflex lift, and have driven them with Rock Krawler lifts also.

They’re great shocks. No shock is going to perform at that price like an IFS Ultra 4, but it will serve you well on-road and also offroad.

No matter what, don’t buy off people’s opinions on the internet. Some people prefer the ride and more direct connection to the road of BMW, others prefer the compliance and effortless handling of Mercedes. What do YOU prefer? Well, you’d have to drive both to find out.

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
...you’d have to drive both to find out.
Um, how is this possible? You can't drive up to a shop and say "I want to try out a bunch of lifts to see which one works best for me. Put these 2 lifts on my Jeep so I can drive around and wheel with them both to compare. Then I will go with the one that I like the best."

I am looking to buy a lift NEXT YEAR but I have already started researching them because it's a big purchase and you have to get it right the first time or else you're boned. We need threads like this to help us determine the right way to go. I have been told Falcon shocks are great and better than Fox, but that doesn't seem to be a universal opinion.

Comparing lifts, unless you want a really cheap lift, they are usually fairly close in terms of price. For instance, the Metalcloak and Teraflex 3-inch lifts are close in price. It's threads like this that help those like me make the right call the first time.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Um, how is this possible? You can't drive up to a shop and say "I want to try out a bunch of lifts to see which one works best for me. Put these 2 lifts on my Jeep so I can drive around and wheel with them both to compare. Then I will go with the one that I like the best."

I am looking to buy a lift NEXT YEAR but I have already started researching them because it's a big purchase and you have to get it right the first time or else you're boned. We need threads like this to help us determine the right way to go. I have been told Falcon shocks are great and better than Fox, but that doesn't seem to be a universal opinion.

Comparing lifts, unless you want a really cheap lift, they are usually fairly close in terms of price. For instance, the Metalcloak and Teraflex 3-inch lifts are close in price. It's threads like this that help those like me make the right call the first time.
It's still going to be personal preference too though. Some people are going to prefer a more firm ride whereas others want a boat on wheels.

ProjectJL

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon

Depends on the shop. There are several in the SoCal area where you can do exactly that. Also, you could ask others in your area for a ride or a drive on the local forums.

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350

What we have moved to is building two JLURs. One is mine which has a MC game changer with rocksport shocks and my wife’s which has a RK x-factor with Radflo shocks. You can ride in them back to back. We can do some light wheeling in our back pasture and see what you prefer. Those are the two brands we recommend. I have my pluses and minuses for each and I’ll share with a customer and that way they are educated as much as we can and they have the freedom to choose what fits them best.

Brett

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What we have moved to is building two JLURs. One is mine which has a MC game changer with rocksport shocks and my wife’s which has a RK x-factor with Radflo shocks. You can ride in them back to back. We can do some light wheeling in our back pasture and see what you prefer. Those are the two brands we recommend. I have my pluses and minuses for each and I’ll share with a customer and that way they are educated as much as we can and they have the freedom to choose what fits them best.

Brett
Metalcloak is where I am leaning right now, but the lift is just the first step. Who do I get to install it? Do I need an aftermarket driveshaft?? What about steering stabilizers?? Will I need to change my wheel spacing??

Not trying to derail this thread, but the shocks are only one piece of a complicated and expensive puzzle. I am glad to be reading about this now so I can mark the Falcon 3.3s (and maybe Teraflex) off my list.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Metalcloak is where I am leaning right now, but the lift is just the first step. Who do I get to install it? Do I need an aftermarket driveshaft?? What about steering stabilizers?? Will I need to change my wheel spacing??

Not trying to derail this thread, but the shocks are only one piece of a complicated and expensive puzzle. I am glad to be reading about this now so I can mark the Falcon 3.3s (and maybe Teraflex) off my list.
Drive down to Navasota and we will get ya taken care of ! When we do installs we have now began including a fox 2.0 steering stabilizer, added the cost onto my labor cost and install for free. It’s non-negotiable unless you already have a quality stabilizer. I want to do everything possible to make sure you have a positive driving experience and adding big, heavy 37s + a steering stabilizer can greatly improve the drivers comfort.

If you wheel, the driveshaft from MC with the 1310 joints has been great. Just ordered two more for some upcoming builds and been very happy with them. If keeping the stock wheels, we recommend adding some wheel spacers. Use synergy’s 15/8th and they move the tires out just a bit but gives plenty of room

Any questions let me know. I don’t know anyone is Colorado but I’m sure there are some great shops around. Call MC and ask for authorized installers in your area. That part of their website is down for maintenance.

Brett

Here’s my wife’s with stock wheels

BFB4BD26-B997-4F08-96C9-CFD814DBE43E.jpeg

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Drive down to Navasota and we will get ya taken care of !

Any questions let me know. I don’t know anyone is Colorado but I’m sure there are some great shops around. Call MC and ask for authorized installers in your area. That part of their website is down for maintenance.

Brett

BFB4BD26-B997-4F08-96C9-CFD814DBE43E.jpeg
Thanks so much for the info, Brett!! I have no idea where I am getting the install done but I will be looking all over for the best deal when the time comes. There are a ton of Jeep shops here so I will check to see which does MC lifts, but I also might just say f'-it and drive to Cali and see if MC will do it themselves. Whatever works best and saves me the most money will likely win, but a drive to Cali sounds kinda fun so who knows...

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks so much for the info, Brett!! I have no idea where I am getting the install done but I will be looking all over for the best deal when the time comes. There are a ton of Jeep shops here so I will check to see which does MC lifts, but I also might just say f'-it and drive to Cali and see if MC will do it themselves. Whatever works best and saves me the most money will likely win, but a drive to Cali sounds kinda fun so who knows...
Sounds good. Cloaked works knows what’s going on for sure. However, I’d urge you to go with a shop that lives and breathes jeeps and is very knowledgeable about the product. Going strictly off price might not get you the end result you deserve.

Brett
Sponsored