Ophir and Imogene Pass Colorado

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
In the 10-11 years I've been coming there I've noticed the increase in the number of people, jeeps and razors. I don't want to be part of the problem so we may either start going somewhere else or change up the time of year we visit. It's really too bad because we both love and respect the area.
Sponsored

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
really? Man, I would not have guessed that.
It is pretty crazy. We have seen a 50% increase in values over the past year. I can get you into an older, small, fixer-upper for $500k or a small condo for a little more but they go fast...

Buckzona

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU
Great trails...Enjoy!
Jeep Wrangler JL Ophir and Imogene Pass Colorado PXL_20210626_171814293
Just did them both in late June. Imogene the first day it was open, so we lucked out with very limited other vehicle on the trails. Go early!

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
It is pretty crazy. We have seen a 50% increase in values over the past year. I can get you into an older, small, fixer-upper for $500k or a small condo for a little more but they go fast...
Woof. And here I thought that Denver was expensive!

Sponsored

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Great trails...Enjoy!
Jeep Wrangler JL Ophir and Imogene Pass Colorado PXL_20210626_171814293
Just did them both in late June. Imogene the first day it was open, so we lucked out with very limited other vehicle on the trails. Go early!
Early or late, both good options. Not too early as summer comes late and not too late as winter can come early :) July and August are pretty busy. Currently in a major monsoon pattern with raging thunderstorms almost every afternoon. That usually thins out trail users too...

Col_Sanders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I'm a former SxS owner. They are just a different riding style. More comfortable and smoother riding when you're going faster, plus the sound and feeling of the acceleration is fun. Unfortunately, its annoying to everyone else and makes them tear up the roads more.

We are going to attempt to get up there mid week right before that weekend, wanted to pass along a heads up, there is a land cruiser convention that weekend, so just be prepared for crowds
That explains why there were so many Land Cruisers on the trails. We tried to get started around 0830-0900 every day so we were usually ahead of them. Made me not want to stop though because I didnt want to get stuck behind them.

TreyJK

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon, 1979 CJ5, 1979 J20
Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about the SXS, or as my S/O calls, them "bro carts". I just saw one yesterday nearly drift off the side of Engineer Pass!
Sponsored