First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL unlimited sport s
Occupation
Cnc machine programmer
I had same problem at 1000 miles. They replaced the heater core and the problem was solved. Unfortunately they have to remove the entire dash and console. In the process they managed to scratch/mar/damage some of the panels. Pay close attention to the areas where panels get pried apart, etc.

My dash also used to be quiet and tight, not a peep. Since I got my jeep back there is now creeks, rattles, etc. The frustrating thing is I voiced my concerns at the time I was told what the problem was. I explained that I knew exactly what had to be done, and I feared they would introduce such noises, and I would find evidence of panels being pried apart, the dash being removed, etc. All of my fears came true. I am furious over this. The dealer even broke/cut a wire under my console and half assed spliced it back together with a butt connector and claimed it was like that from the factory. I had dropped my phone between the seat the day before dropping it off for the work, and had to fish it out from nearby that wire, and with certainty I can say it was not like that from the factory.

Hope others experience is better than mine.
My Jeep is having the dash ripped out today . I have the same concerns as you do . I think it’s a difficult thing to do without damaging anything , I know it can be done but I don’t see it being done the correct way at my dealer . Sorry to hear about your Jeep being damaged , I’m crossing my fingers about mine .
Sponsored

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
My Jeep is having the dash ripped out today . I have the same concerns as you do . I think it’s a difficult thing to do without damaging anything , I know it can be done but I don’t see it being done the correct way at my dealer . Sorry to hear about your Jeep being damaged , I’m crossing my fingers about mine .
Let us know if they were able to fix the problem! Thanks!

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
My 2012 had the entire dash, seats, console, etc. taken out with 10,000 miles on the odo due to a clogged heater core. It's not something you want to see on your new Jeep, but after they put it all back together it was like brand new with no rattles or squeaks and my heater finally worked normally.

khat

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
Unfortunately, I am having the same problem. Sweet smell that only happens when I run the heater and gives us headaches. I did not need to run the heat until about 3 weeks after I bought it in early September. The first time I brought it in they could find nothing wrong with it... pressure tested it and the dealer tells me there are no leaks so it can't be a problem with the heater core. I didn't smell it after the first visit for a day and then it returned. I brought it in again and the tech told me he could smell it too. They pressure tested it again and found nothing wrong with it... the smell was gone for another day after that but it is back again. I asked Jeep to speak with me about it and they asked me to bring to another dealer to see if they can determine the problem. Sounds like I know what the problem is from reading everyone's posts.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still waiting to hear from other that have had this diagnosed and fixed! Thanks!

Sponsored

Jl-Family

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cnc machine programmer
Update on my jl for heater core replacement at the dealer .
My jl has been at the dealer for 10 days now and they still haven’t got it done . They called us yesterday saying they broke a hose that attaches to the heater core and needed to order one ,‍♂. I don’t have any idea when we will get our Jeep back . They put us in a rental Dodge Ram in the meanwhile . We asked them to see what they could do about the loose steering issue we are having like a lot of other people are having , they keep telling us that it’s a Jeep thing lol , so who knows when I’ll get that fixed . Just really want our Jeep back now .

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update on my jl for heater core replacement at the dealer .
My jl has been at the dealer for 10 days now and they still haven’t got it done . They called us yesterday saying they broke a hose that attaches to the heater core and needed to order one ,‍♂. I don’t have any idea when we will get our Jeep back . They put us in a rental Dodge Ram in the meanwhile . We asked them to see what they could do about the loose steering issue we are having like a lot of other people are having , they keep telling us that it’s a Jeep thing lol , so who knows when I’ll get that fixed . Just really want our Jeep back now .
Man, this is awful. Sorry though bro, using you a guinea pig. I want to make sure what they do to yours works before losing my Jeep for a long repair. And maybe I can save them some time as well with the info here.

Sucks though. Hope they get you back on the road soon!

Jl-Family

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cnc machine programmer
Man, this is awful. Sorry though bro, using you a guinea pig. I want to make sure what they do to yours works before losing my Jeep for a long repair. And maybe I can save them some time as well with the info here.

Sucks though. Hope they get you back on the road soon!
Thanks . I will keep you guys updated .

Jl-Family

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cnc machine programmer
Unfortunately, I am having the same problem. Sweet smell that only happens when I run the heater and gives us headaches. I did not need to run the heat until about 3 weeks after I bought it in early September. The first time I brought it in they could find nothing wrong with it... pressure tested it and the dealer tells me there are no leaks so it can't be a problem with the heater core. I didn't smell it after the first visit for a day and then it returned. I brought it in again and the tech told me he could smell it too. They pressure tested it again and found nothing wrong with it... the smell was gone for another day after that but it is back again. I asked Jeep to speak with me about it and they asked me to bring to another dealer to see if they can determine the problem. Sounds like I know what the problem is from reading everyone's posts.
It is the heater core . They will need to replace it . Be ready to be without your Jeep for a couple weeks , they have had mine for 12 days now and it’s still not done .

Jl-Family

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cnc machine programmer
Sounds like a lot of us describing the same issue, but no one has yet relayed what the fix was. Let us know when you find out folks!
My heater core is being replaced , my jeeps has been at the dealer for 12 days now . I hope this is the fix . I will keep you guys updated .

Sponsored

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My heater core is being replaced , my jeeps has been at the dealer for 12 days now . I hope this is the fix . I will keep you guys updated .
Good heads up @Jl-Family. If the repair works, I'll get mine arranged for a fix, but only after all the parts ready and available before we begin.

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
no Way it should take that long. That means they are working on it between other stuff.

RABUF

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL, 3.6, auto, Granite, Cloth Seats, Hard top, LED, Tow, cold Weather, Headliner
Occupation
Retired
Had same sweet smell coming from vents with AC on within first 500 miles. Bad heater core. Dealer replaced within 10 hours (anything over 2 days tells me they don’t know what they are doing) Take plenty of Pic’s before you give it to them to document condition, inside and out. There was a pin hole leak in core. Minimal loss of coolant so hard to determine where it was coming from. Dealership did excellent job. 18 JL Rubicon 2 door.

Jl-Family

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cnc machine programmer
Had same sweet smell coming from vents with AC on within first 500 miles. Bad heater core. Dealer replaced within 10 hours (anything over 2 days tells me they don’t know what they are doing) Take plenty of Pic’s before you give it to them to document condition, inside and out. There was a pin hole leak in core. Minimal loss of coolant so hard to determine where it was coming from. Dealership did excellent job. 18 JL Rubicon 2 door.
Wow . That sounds like good service . Today is day 14 without my Jeep , and they still haven’t got it fixed . I don’t know what to do .
Sponsored