Mark_77

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
OOOOOHH that's too bad........

Just kidding. Glad you got a deal, however your dealer should have had a VIN for you after 3-5 days. If they don't at this point, something is very wrong! You really can't track it anywhere without that info.

On a related note, the US hotline ( 866.362.2146) is actually located in Chatham ON, so if you casually mention you are nearby, they will dig a bit deeper for you. Helps that I also lived there a long time ago ;)
Great thanks for the help. I’ve called the dealer and they said they would follow up with Chrysler again tomorrow. According to the dealer he said in his experience they don’t normally have vin numbers for 3-5 weeks. If they don’t give me any decent news ill try out the hotline. Thanks again!
Sponsored

danielmio

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl unlimited rubicon
Dang! I am sitting on 5 weeks no VIN. Erin Dodge orders..how long did it take for a VIN?

thepred

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler Unlimited 2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Does D1 mean “have VIN” I received a Vin after 6 days. What is the next update I should get? What is my realistic expectations for delivery to Nova Scotia after I have the VIN?

crash13

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Does D1 mean “have VIN” I received a Vin after 6 days. What is the next update I should get? What is my realistic expectations for delivery to Nova Scotia after I have the VIN?
D1 means that all the parts required for your build have been confirmed, so no material delay. It now waits to be scheduled for the line, up to 30 days. THere are other threads that go into more detail, but after Inspection, it moves to KZ which is shipping. Mine is still en route, after 9 days, and that's just Toronto. They need a full trailer, or rail car heading your direction before they will ship to final destination. NS may be a few weeks...
Sign up for this to see the Build sheet (build is complete) and Window Sticker (ready to ship) http://jl.cryptostickers.net/default.

crash13

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Picked up my Punk'n Rubicon from Erin Dodge yesterday. Mustafa was fantastic throughout the process and I highly recommend using him if you are anywhere near Toronto. Here are a couple pics. Total time from Order date to Delivery was 9 weeks.
IMG_6797.jpg
IMG_6790.jpg
IMG_6789.jpg

Sponsored

danielmio

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
awesome chris! i am d1 now at 6 weeks. really hoping no more than a couple weeks now.

already have some cosmetic parts ready. adding in a black grille on my rubicon.

i went back to erin to take one out for a test drive since i never did at order ha. i knew i wanted a wrangler so didn’t see a need to mustafa was very accommodating and helpful. once the jeep is in my hands i’ll sing more praises for him :)

Julialynn86

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 jeep tj
Hey all been creeping this forum for a while now but first post. We also ordered from Erin Dodge but not with mustafa, (although he sounds like the man!) was wondering what others have ordered on their Rubi... We ordered 8 weeks ago and there has been no progress at all... We ordered a white Rubi automatic with almost everything except leather, smokers group and body coloured fenders and top. We keep checking with the dealership and they haven't been much help about what's holding it up.

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
Hey all been creeping this forum for a while now but first post. We also ordered from Erin Dodge but not with mustafa, (although he sounds like the man!) was wondering what others have ordered on their Rubi... We ordered 8 weeks ago and there has been no progress at all... We ordered a white Rubi automatic with almost everything except leather, smokers group and body coloured fenders and top. We keep checking with the dealership and they haven't been much help about what's holding it up.
Did you order the 2.0t?

Sponsored

crash13

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
was wondering what others have ordered on their Rubi... We ordered 8 weeks ago and there has been no progress at all... We ordered a white Rubi automatic with almost everything except leather, smokers group and body coloured fenders and top
The order sounds straight forward. Mine was very similar, Punk'n with everything except black fenders and top.
Have you tried plugging your info into:
http://jl.cryptostickers.net/default

And also the Jeep Order hotline? 1 866 362 2146?

They will ask if it's a US vehicle so make up an address in the US... They are actually located in Chatham ON.

Julialynn86

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 jeep tj
The order sounds straight forward. Mine was very similar, Punk'n with everything except black fenders and top.
Have you tried plugging your info into:
http://jl.cryptostickers.net/default

And also the Jeep Order hotline? 1 866 362 2146?

They will ask if it's a US vehicle so make up an address in the US... They are actually located in Chatham ON.
I haven't been able to try that site no vin as per the dealer, but I'll try that number and see if I can get any info. I tried Jeep chat but told them I was Canadian and they wouldn't give me anything due to privacy laws. Also tried a number here in Canada and they said they can't help me either :headbang: I've never built a vehicle at factory before just always took ones off the lot, the whole process sure knows how to make a girl go crazy!

crash13

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I haven't been able to try that site no vin as per the dealer, but I'll try that number and see if I can get any info. I tried Jeep chat but told them I was Canadian and they wouldn't give me anything due to privacy laws. Also tried a number here in Canada and they said they can't help me either :headbang: I've never built a vehicle at factory before just always took ones off the lot, the whole process sure knows how to make a girl go crazy!
What’s crazy is that the sales person cannot help you. This is a great dealership to work with. Ask for the Sales Manager. He actually just bought a Wrangler himself! Think his name is Marty.

Mark_77

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Sounds like the same boat I’m in. Over 9 weeks now and no vin. They did have a “VON” number which i am told comes before the vin. And I believe it said BX status on the sales mangers computer when he was showing me the build status last week. Something must be back ordered at Chrysler causing a hold up or something

danielmio

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you order the trail rail system? Thought that was a big hold up too not sure if it still is. I am 7 weeks waiting and got my vin 6.5 weeks. 7 weeks to hit d1. Do you have a von #

I got good info from the allnewwrangler email. But dealer should tell you. Don't stop at salesman. When I went to see Mustafa, the owner and someone high up were there. Great folks it seemed. I traded in my focus rs so we were chatting about it. They should give you some sort of update. Or try the paid tracking at jeep garage, I am doing that too.

Jeep chat helped me when I had a vin. didn't say my location just gave dealer name and vin.
Sponsored