Ontario GTA, Canada Group

danielmio

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl unlimited rubicon
Thanks to Gus for organizing this buy. And a thank you to Mustafa as well. Great to deal with so far, we'll see how the ordering updates and delivery goes (often to toughest in the process). But so far it was a good experience.

Today I got rid of my 17 focus rs. I really did enjoy that car but needed more space for the dogs and our adventures to the trails, hikes and training sessions. They are a big part of my life, and I wanted something to make travelling easier with them. I always liked the wrangler. This will be my first Jeep. Honestly, I am a bit worried to hear of some of the issues so far for the new JL models, hopefully these are not the norm for a FCA vehicle. Always had a Ford be it mustang, f150 or the recent focus.

Unlimited Rubicon - Red - Manual - with almost all options. I heard there is a backorder on soft tops so I opted for a black hard only for now.

Excited to enjoy a 'tougher' vehicle, but for the price of this one it better not disappoint. Thanks to all involved.

Reactions: Gus
OP
OP
Gus

Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler 2018 JLU Rubicon
Thanks to Gus for organizing this buy. And a thank you to Mustafa as well. Great to deal with so far, we'll see how the ordering updates and delivery goes (often to toughest in the process). But so far it was a good experience.

Today I got rid of my 17 focus rs. I really did enjoy that car but needed more space for the dogs and our adventures to the trails, hikes and training sessions. They are a big part of my life, and I wanted something to make travelling easier with them. I always liked the wrangler. This will be my first Jeep. Honestly, I am a bit worried to hear of some of the issues so far for the new JL models, hopefully these are not the norm for a FCA vehicle. Always had a Ford be it mustang, f150 or the recent focus.

Unlimited Rubicon - Red - Manual - with almost all options. I heard there is a backorder on soft tops so I opted for a black hard only for now.

Excited to enjoy a 'tougher' vehicle, but for the price of this one it better not disappoint. Thanks to all involved.
All the best of luck.
It’s a great vehicle, no issues , I am sure you would enjoy it. :)

danielmio

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the best of luck.
It’s a great vehicle, no issues , I am sure you would enjoy it. :)
Thanks Gus. Really hoping the 4-6 week wait is accurate haha. I have ordered a couple cars in the past, terrible process =].

Are there any meet ups for wrangler owners or off road trails in Ontario?

OP
OP
Gus

Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler 2018 JLU Rubicon

Sponsored

crash13

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Really hoping the 4-6 week wait is accurate
I think 7-9 is more accurate. Ordered mine 5 weeks ago and it is now D1 (pre-production) with a ship date of 6/6. D1 means all the parts are there, just waiting to be put on the line. Likely at the dealer mid- June which will be 8.5 weeks.

danielmio

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think 7-9 is more accurate. Ordered mine 5 weeks ago and it is now D1 (pre-production) with a ship date of 6/6. D1 means all the parts are there, just waiting to be put on the line. Likely at the dealer mid- June which will be 8.5 weeks.
Thanks for the info Chris. Mustangs were usually that time frame too, I was told the standard 4-6, but yeah seemed too early =] Hopefully we don't have the shipping delays I have been reading about.

rs680

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all I order mine 4 weeks ago and i am in D1 status too. I was planing on going to the newbie run in july but who knows if my jeep will be here in time.

danielmio

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello all I order mine 4 weeks ago and i am in D1 status too. I was planing on going to the newbie run in july but who knows if my jeep will be here in time.
Hey Rick, can you keep us updated on the satus? I ordered last Monday and am wondering about timing with all of the stories in the tracking thread. Hopefully nothing to worry about.

Sponsored

crash13

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Hey new Canadian owners who have received delivery,
According to the new Jeep brochure, all Jeep owners should be able to sign up for the Jeep Wave program:
-- Two free oil changes and tire rotations per year, first-day car rental allowance when getting dealer service, up to $1,000 of trip-interruption coverage, VIP treatment at select events, discounts up to $500, and 24/7 phone and live chat support. Visit jeep.com/wave for more details.

I didn't see anything saying US only, so has anyone done this yet?

rs680

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hello i was speaking to my dealer today and i was told my jeep is built and waiting for transport. The dealer thinks 2 more weeks. I am hoping end of next week so i can go to the Brampton show on June 2 in my new jeep

rs680

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Man i am pissed today. yesterday i posted that my Jeep was built and waiting for transport, Now my dealer phones today to tell me they made a mistake and my jeep is still in D1 Not even started yet and now they think it might not come until who knows when.

crash13

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
my jeep is still in D1 Not even started yet and now they think it might not come until who knows when.
That actually sounds closer to the truth. I'm at 5 weeks this Friday, but already 21 days in D1 where the norm seems to be 30. Once it starts being built, it is a relatively quick process. And the good news is that D1 means they have all the parts required, so no material delays for you. My suppose ship date is 6/6 which if delivered within a week, would put the whole time at 8-9 weeks. About what was expected.

whoashaun

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
Anyone selling a set of Rubicon wheels/tires?
Sponsored