Only 25% of in-stock Rubicons have the Remote Proximity Keyless Entry

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
My panties aren’t in a bunch at all. I posted my opinion and was answered disrespectfully by Pablo. I’m not going to answer disrespect with respect.
Well... you did more than that. You intimated that people, who got options you appear to think denigrate Jeeps, have ruined the community. Thats how I interpreted it anyway.

Whether you meant it that way or not, I'm guessing I wasn't the only one who interpreted it that.
Sponsored

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
Because most people don't care. It's not even a good proximity sensor anyway.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
I shouldn’t consider a JL over an option I’m not getting? Respectfully to you as well, how does that make any sense at all? The JK and JLs are remarkably similar, with the exception that the JL has improved almost everything about the JK. Getting a JL is a no brainer.

My panties aren’t in a bunch at all. I posted my opinion and was answered disrespectfully by Pablo. I’m not going to answer disrespect with respect.
In all fairness, of all the creature comforts added to the JL, the proximity locks was the only feature that had you dreading the direction of the entire Jeep community.

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Because most people don't care. It's not even a good proximity sensor anyway.
It works perfectly well for its intended purpose. No, it doesn't lock the doors automatically when walking away from the Jeep. You have to push a button on the door handles to lock. Other than a few luxury vehicles, not many have that auto lock feature. Jeep added these options to the new Wrangler based on customer feedback and product surveys. If you don't think it's necessary or too expensive, don't get it. It certainly shouldn't discourage potential buyers from purchasing an in-stock Wrangler just because it happens to be on one on a dealers lot. This pissing match is ridiculous, especially from the people here who are either just trolling for an argument or can't get over the fact that the Wrangler has evolved into an expensive specialized vehicle. There are plenty of very good used JK's affordably available to anyone put off by the JL's design, features, or cost. Buy the perfect Wrangler for your purposes, enjoy the hell out of it, and don't care what others are buying or doing to their new rides.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I used to not lock my soft top, but then I realized that by having it locked my tailgate was also locked and it blocks my cargo storage area under the cargo floor. Most of the crimes here are crimes of opportunity, in that somebody steals random stuff out of unlocked locked cars. Even if it’s just some bungee chords and the little tool kit Jeep gives you, it’s pretty damn annoying.
Agreed. In my area, we hear reports of stuff stolen out of unlocked cars all the time. We almost never hear of tops cut or windows smashed to get stuff out of cars. I don’t keep anything of value in my car but I still don’t want some punk teenagers stealing my leatherman or maglite or little socket set or whatever else I keep in the Jeep.