DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Is that best top like a soft top when its closed ? can you post a pic of it closed please thanks. and you must have been the first person to get a JL last year if you got it in Jan 17 ? I thought they didn't hit the lots till Feb or march
Yeah, it was an early bird, for sure. It was built in December of 17. Everybody I knew was giving me grief about all the problems it would have being that early, but it turned out to be the opposite. I figured if it was a lemon, I'd sell it in a year and get a 2019. Since the resale is so good, I wouldn't take a terrible hit. You see how it has turned out, though.

Here is the Sunrider for Hard Top closed. It is a really nice fit with no leaks, even in a high pressure touchless car wash. It doesn't flap or make noise. Overall, the freedom panels are only a little bit quieter. This will really come into its own in the spring when we get some warm days here and there. In May I'll swap back to the soft top.

lhMoYke.jpg
Sponsored

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome Review Dan !!! ...I've been waiting for the first one year to post . Might have to start a General One year Thread to here everyones Pro's and Con's .

Great review and Thanks for taking the Time to be so detailed !!

Happy Jeeping 2019 Brother !!!

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome Review Dan !!! ...I've been waiting for the first one year to post . Might have to start a General One year Thread to here everyones Pro's and Con's .

Great review and Thanks for taking the Time to be so detailed !!

Happy Jeeping 2019 Brother !!!
Thanks! I hope to do one every year for the next 15 or more! Lol!

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I hope to do one every year for the next 15 or more! Lol!
That would be informative to the new Jeep owners that's for sure

I can't say I will have mine that long with that little Jeep Cell in the back of my brain pan keeps pinging JT .....JT .....Jt ...lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That would informative to the new Jeep owners that's for sure

I can't say I will have mine that long with that little Jeep Cell in the back of my brain pan keeps pinging JT .....JT .....Jt ...lol
Yeah, I think a lot of folks are hearing that ping! I'm not, but I think they'll sell the daylights out of those. If they have the production capacity, I'd predict it will knock off the Tacoma as #1. That's a tall order, but I've never seen so much anticipation of a vehicle and it simply does things the others never will be able to do. (doors off and top down).

Sponsored

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I think a lot of folks are hearing that ping! I'm not, but I think they'll sell the daylights out of those. If they have the production capacity, I'd predict it will knock off the Tacoma as #1. That's a tall order, but I've never seen so much anticipation of a vehicle and it simply does things the others never will be able to do. (doors off and top down).
OWO! If it would drop the Tacoma down a peg that would certainly be History !

I'm hearing between April and June we will see them on the lots and pricing ( ballpark ) should be 1000.00 over whatever build a Wrangler would be

CSMYRUBICON

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl 6spd
Hey can anyone tell me how to get the off road pages? Tgere not in the apps on my jeep, i was really hopeing to have them on there when i got it, i am grateful to have my 18, rubicon tho, im former military and disabled combat vet, my credit is bad due to an exwife that like to have lots of boyfriends while i was deployed,worked out better for me as i found a hella of alot better woman after, but she did have power of attorney however while i was gone and screwed my credit up big time ans still havent recovered, apologies for being a downer for a slight second there, i ended up trading my truck,motorcycle, and having to get my dad to cosign just to get it, always loved jeeps ans so glad i have mine, i was not able to get it with the alpine and 8.4 screen but it does have the 7 inch i beleive and i was hopeing someone could point me in the direction of those off road pages, oh and did anyone else have rust on theres and chipping of the paint on the door hinges, i got mine in july 2018 beleive it was built in march, at the time the dealership said it would be better for me to have aftermarket stereo put in and that they did not make a softtop for the rubicon yet, having not yet fully done my homework and was just super excited to be getting a rubicon, i went alomg and against my usual habits, i beleived someone on there word, i dont usually do that and not being knew to the off road community and what was out there,again excitement got in my way,oh and not all you, all u people seem great,and have awesome jeeps to go with it, im just kind of kicking my own ass once again while i keep reading different forums and finding out all these things that are available for it, anyway,hope i didnt bum anyone out,or ramble and if did i apologize again, p.s. if there is anyone in my area that would be able to give me a job especially a good one i can support my family with and give us some money to do like a vacation or even a camping trip, i would be greatly appreciative and hard working, i can do alot of things, i just cant seem to get a job anywhere here, but kid is close to grandparents and not 12 to 15 hrs away and in much safer and better school which us way better than where we where b4, again,i ramble, and reasons for it, ok thank you and i hope all of u enjoy life as much as you can,

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
OWO! If it would drop the Tacoma down a peg that would certainly be History !

I'm hearing between April and June we will see them on the lots and pricing ( ballpark ) should be 1000.00 over whatever build a Wrangler would be
I shared this in a separate thread. Tacoma’s sales were up 24% in 2018. They sold over 245,000.

8541C178-1AE9-45F3-9F72-0A53999AA7A8.jpeg

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey can anyone tell me how to get the off road pages? Tgere not in the apps on my jeep, i was really hopeing to have them on there when i got it, i am grateful to have my 18, rubicon tho, im former military and disabled combat vet, my credit is bad due to an exwife that like to have lots of boyfriends while i was deployed,worked out better for me as i found a hella of alot better woman after, but she did have power of attorney however while i was gone and screwed my credit up big time ans still havent recovered, apologies for being a downer for a slight second there, i ended up trading my truck,motorcycle, and having to get my dad to cosign just to get it, always loved jeeps ans so glad i have mine, i was not able to get it with the alpine and 8.4 screen but it does have the 7 inch i beleive and i was hopeing someone could point me in the direction of those off road pages, oh and did anyone else have rust on theres and chipping of the paint on the door hinges, i got mine in july 2018 beleive it was built in march, at the time the dealership said it would be better for me to have aftermarket stereo put in and that they did not make a softtop for the rubicon yet, having not yet fully done my homework and was just super excited to be getting a rubicon, i went alomg and against my usual habits, i beleived someone on there word, i dont usually do that and not being knew to the off road community and what was out there,again excitement got in my way,oh and not all you, all u people seem great,and have awesome jeeps to go with it, im just kind of kicking my own ass once again while i keep reading different forums and finding out all these things that are available for it, anyway,hope i didnt bum anyone out,or ramble and if did i apologize again, p.s. if there is anyone in my area that would be able to give me a job especially a good one i can support my family with and give us some money to do like a vacation or even a camping trip, i would be greatly appreciative and hard working, i can do alot of things, i just cant seem to get a job anywhere here, but kid is close to grandparents and not 12 to 15 hrs away and in much safer and better school which us way better than where we where b4, again,i ramble, and reasons for it, ok thank you and i hope all of u enjoy life as much as you can,
I got a couple of guys that might be able to help you with your ORP issue if the 7" offers it
@obwahn @Steveo

Sorry to hear about all your EX - BS !

Thank You for your service

Sponsored

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey M , I was just informed that the 7" doesn't have the ORP's ....

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
Hey M , I was just informed that the 7" doesn't have the ORP's ....
I had ORP when I first got my Rubicon back in August on my 7” screen. It then disappeared. Don’t know when it happened, but it is gone now.

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had ORP when I first got my Rubicon back in August on my 7” screen. It then disappeared. Don’t know when it happened, but it is gone now.
I've been misinformed then ...Thanks for clearing that up !
I now many are having issues with it !!!

CSMYRUBICON

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl 6spd
I've been misinformed then ...Thanks for clearing that up !
I now many are having issues with it !!!
Ok i appreciate both of you, for answering that, i asked the dealership when i got it but got several diff answers from them as well, i have to go in and get my first oil change as soon as i can get to the dealership next week, ill see what the mechanics there say, if i find anything out for sure i will let you all know, weird how it was on there an then gone, its not like we didnt pay enuff for the jeeps, lol, take care

CSMYRUBICON

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl 6spd
I got a couple of guys that might be able to help you with your ORP issue if the 7" offers it
@obwahn @Steveo

Sorry to hear about all your EX - BS !

Thank You for your service
Thanks for the help and info i appreciate it,and thank you for thanking me, my apologies i never have figured out an asnwer for people thanking me for my service, not because i dont appreciate it i just dont feel like anyone has to thank me for what i did, i would do it again in a heartbeat, and i woukd have retired the end of last year if not been for being discharged because kf an injury, but i do appreciate it greatly, take care
Sponsored