Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Agreed- same here. We have the SOT and take the doors and rear windows out whenever weather permits. Normal for this forum though- the folks with SOT love it, the ones without have very strong opinions on why we are nuts.
You cant take the doors off if you have the SOT. I mean you can, but you shouldnt. You guys are nuts.

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
You cant take the doors off if you have the SOT. I mean you can, but you shouldnt. You guys are nuts.
yup - crazy isn't it? Plus with the SOT you can only use jeep branded gasoline (premium only), gotta fill the tires with unobtainium (at 45 psi no less since that's the standard pressure of unobtainium), and the spark plugs have to be changed every third time it rains. The humanity....

Sponsored

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
That's easy - the SOT is $4K, $200 for a dewalt cordless reciprocating saw to convert the doors to half doors, that leaves $800 for gas and beer.

Deleted member 53226

Good Morning,

. . . I just realize two weeks after the purchase that I can't remove the top at all like a soft-top or a hard-top. Is that true?
Wow. I am really sorry to tell you it is not really meant to be removed, ever. Sure you can, but good luck getting that top to ever close properly again.

I want to have sympathy for you. I really do. But I am having a hard time with understanding how you can go through the whole process (researching, dealer, etc) without learning that. If the dealer lied to you about that, it's a whopper. It's not like they lied about whether the tires have air or nitrogen in them! Maybe grounds to rescind the sale, but I imagine that is easier said than done. I imagine the dealer saying something like, "Well, I never lied because technically the top can be removed."

Last edited by a moderator:

old schooler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Gray
Yes - the Sky touch top comes with the removeable rear quarter windows + a padded bag to store them in. Two quick levers and they tilt/lift right out.
I meant the actual rear window with the defogger and wiper

brennanavery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited on order
Yes - the Sky touch top comes with the removeable rear quarter windows + a padded bag to store them in. Two quick levers and they tilt/lift right out.
I just took delivery on mine and found it super easy to take the back panel windows off and the bag that they give for storage is nice too

Sponsored

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
I dunno about removing that back window, but I have often wondered why it does not retract down into the door. I think that tech was on one of my old Wagoneers back in time and on almost all the old station wagons. Some were power and some hand cranks.

I've thought about those back side windows sliding in and up on tracks to store on the inside of the roof when wanted. Would be a nice means to store quickly (realizing the interference issues with roll bars and such would make it a challenge.).

These three window mods would solve allot of window storage issues.

jdegrave

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte, Pathfinder, JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Director Financial Systems Support & Governance
I’m in Miami as well and can say it’s either been sweltering hot or raining so I haven’t had my soft top completely down most of the summer (usually just put it in the Sun rider position). The one touch is a pricey option but I personally feel you’ll enjoy pushing the button to open and close it more than you’ll be taking the top completely off. (Just my opinion and I may be wrong since I’m not you). I will say my younger brother had a YJ when we were younger and I often helped him take the top on and off. What a pain! I know the new one is WAY better but still looks like a pain to take off completely all the time. I’ll let the hard top owners speak to that here.
Sponsored