Reaction score
Website
www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Good Morning,

I just purchased a 2020 wrangler great car I love it. The one problem I have is that I got the one-touch roof. I just realize two weeks after the purchase that I can't remove the top at all like a soft-top or a hard-top. Is that true?
Unfortunately your are now Urbanized! So sorry! :crying::crying:

Just kidding of course. The one touch is a really cool option with the obvious sacrifice.
Sponsored

StanleyCup99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler wannabe
Unfortunately your are now Urbanized! So sorry! :crying::crying:

Just kidding of course. The one touch is a really cool option with the obvious sacrifice.
if you like the feeling of open air but want the convenience of a power option, then stick it out with the sky top.
From what I’ve seen at my local dealerships and heard/read, the sky top does not come off completely. But it does retract pretty far back, and the rear quarter panels are removable as some previous posters stated. Take the doors off and you are pretty “open.”

Personally, I am looking at purchasing a wrangler in the near future. Almost pulled the trigger but decided to hold off to check out the hybrid 4XE when it is released. I will be seriously considering the sky one touch top!

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Good Morning,

I just purchased a 2020 wrangler great car I love it. The one problem I have is that I got the one-touch roof. I just realize two weeks after the purchase that I can't remove the top at all like a soft-top or a hard-top. Is that true?
I watched a video for the the JL with the one touch roof option on youtube. As per the Jeep engineer, the roof is removable but Jeep DOES NOT recommend removal. The side rails are very difficult to realign and the roof may not operate properly afterwards.

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
Please stop with the alignment talk when removing or installing this top. search for this thread titled:
Just installed Sky one touch retractable power soft top

I will help anyone if they need it just pm me.
Please refer to this post.

old schooler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Gray
Are the rear window removable for the ones with the sky one touch?

That picture of the 392 hemi with the sky one touch has the rear window removed..

Jeep Wrangler JL One-Touch Roof Not Removable? 1600420369075

Sponsored

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
Are the rear window removable for the ones with the sky one touch?

That picture of the 392 hemi with the sky one touch has the rear window removed..

Yes - the Sky touch top comes with the removeable rear quarter windows + a padded bag to store them in. Two quick levers and they tilt/lift right out.

MiamiBeachJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler High Altitude Edition
Sales people generally have wide latitude under laws that consider "promises" puffing - not a legal promise - especially since it is not part of the sales contract. My guess is removing the retractable roof may void the warranty if it subsequently leaks or does not work properly after reinstallation. Perhaps the answer to that question is somewhere on this site. I would not remove mine for that reason.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I feel like the One Touch has it's place. For the person that never plans on removing doors, but likes the open air. It's a great option. Especially if you live in an area with sudden showers like Florida. I can't stand the way the Jeep looks with the side windows taken out. It looks like the hard top was sawed off in places. A Jeep with the actual top taken off, and doors removed is always the best looking. I have a friend with a One Touch, and he loves it, but he never takes the doors off, or the side windows. Just likes to have an overgrown sunroof on his Jeep.

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
^ That is my situation in AZ. I can only withstand the relentless sun here in OZ for so long.......and our trails can be super dusty at times.....especially when following others. The instant open / close of the sky one touch top is the real deal for me. I like not having to plan ahead and / or storing panels, etc. The sky one touch is more "spontaneous" than the other top choices. Open or close on a whim.

I don't think I could be satisfied with the other tops. Sky one is right for me!

Front hill B.jpg

Sponsored

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
^ That is my situation in AZ. I can only withstand the relentless sun here in OZ for so long.......and our trails can be super dusty at times.....especially when following others. The instant open / close of the sky one touch top is the real deal for me. I like not having to plan ahead and / or storing panels, etc. The sky one touch is more "spontaneous" than the other top choices. Open or close on a whim.

I don't think I could be satisfied with the other tops. Sky one is right for me!

Jeep Wrangler JL One-Touch Roof Not Removable? Front hill B
For your situation, and what you want the One Touch is a great option. It is annoying having to watch the weather, and decide if I want to drive the Jeep or not. I park under an awning at work, and there has a been a few times I had to hang out at work till the rain passed before I could go home. That being said. I install an Alien Shade, and that makes all the difference in temps. I can go to the store, with no top or doors, and come out and the interior is as cool as parking in the shade.

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel like the One Touch has it's place. For the person that never plans on removing doors, but likes the open air. It's a great option. Especially if you live in an area with sudden showers like Florida. I can't stand the way the Jeep looks with the side windows taken out. It looks like the hard top was sawed off in places. A Jeep with the actual top taken off, and doors removed is always the best looking. I have a friend with a One Touch, and he loves it, but he never takes the doors off, or the side windows. Just likes to have an overgrown sunroof on his Jeep.
I have the SOT and have my doors off all the time!

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
I have the SOT and have my doors off all the time!
Agreed- same here. We have the SOT and take the doors and rear windows out whenever weather permits. Normal for this forum though- the folks with SOT love it, the ones without have very strong opinions on why we are nuts.

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed- same here. We have the SOT and take the doors and rear windows out whenever weather permits. Normal for this forum though- the folks with SOT love it, the ones without have very strong opinions on why we are nuts.
A lot of people have opinions on why I'm nuts! There is no consensus though!

gqgambler

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bright White Moab