KSwilly

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys in Hellayella
Vehicle Showcase
Removing the Sky One Touch is listed in the manual as "not recommended." Can you? yes. Should you? That depends. My understanding is that removing it can break some fragile bits, and re-installing it can be tough because of tension in the roof fabric, and it won't align easily.
Sponsored

Cmac84

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL unlimited rubicon
The OP should go to the dealership and say: “I am here for my first of the FOUR FREE top removals under the Jeep Wave program I was promised when I bought the Jeep! The tools are in the back.”

Then watch them scramble for 20 minutes before they offer him one year free car washes to have him go away...

:LOL:
Most dealers heads would explode if you start talking anything about the sky one touch top....they just don't know jack about it.

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
Technically the dealer did not mislead you - can can remove the top. Now getting it back on an aligned properly would be a complete pain and certainly not recommended.

No- it does not open up as much as the hard top or soft top.

However it opens quickly and easily and at speeds up to 50 mph - I've got the SOT and absolutely love it.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Technically the dealer did not mislead you - can can remove the top. Now getting it back on an aligned properly would be a complete pain and certainly not recommended.
By that reasoning, no car salesman ever lies then...LOL!

They could tell you the Jeep has a diesel motor and sell you a 2.0T because, technically speaking, some JLs have the diesel motor...

Cmac84

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Removing the Sky One Touch is listed in the manual as "not recommended." Can you? yes. Should you? That depends. My understanding is that removing it can break some fragile bits, and re-installing it can be tough because of tension in the roof fabric, and it won't align easily.

You are not taking apart anything that would affect the alignment . Its a 4 part top, that's it. Nothing had to be aligned when I install it. Put it on bolted it down plugged it up and that's all.

Sponsored

OP
OP

gatara

First Name
Alex Gata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Hello, the roof can be removed.......I did it myself. Search for a thread title "just installed Sky one touch" ......i think that is the title. You can remove it....its not that big of a deal, I would not do it everyday but it can and has been removed by several people here on this site. If you need help or have questions pm me, i will help as best as i can.

Thank you all for your help

OP
OP

gatara

First Name
Alex Gata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
By that reasoning, no car salesman ever lies then...LOL!

They could tell you the Jeep has a diesel motor and sell you a 2.0T because, technically speaking, some JLs have the diesel motor...
I should have known I'm a sales guy for a software company. LOL

Cmac84

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please stop with the alignment talk when removing or installing this top. search for this thread titled:
Just installed Sky one touch retractable power soft top

I will help anyone if they need it just pm me.

OP
OP

gatara

First Name
Alex Gata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Please stop with the alignment talk when removing or installing this top. search for this thread titled:
Just installed Sky one touch retractable power soft top

I will help anyone if they need it just pm me.
thank you

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
At one point it stops being ONE TOUCH top and becomes ONE PITA top...

Sponsored

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
You can probably remove it and sell it then buy a hard top. It is removable, just not as convenient as a soft top or even a hard top. You might want to play around with it a little though. Removing a hardtop isn't super convenient either. I know some people who have the one-touch top and love it. They definitely have theirs opened up more than I'll be removing my hard top. If you take the sides and back off it's pretty nice.
dont think u can put a hard top on that...

001-200712-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-392-concept.jpg

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Return it now that you can. You are going to regret it and eventually end up trading it in and losing money. If you want to ride around with that classic jeep look, the one-touch top is not going to let you achieve that. Unless you don't care about that, but it seems you do.

Oh those sales people.... betcha you paid the big bucks too.

tenor.gif

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry, don’t mean to sound mean...but the “one-touch” top is “one-expensive” option...to find out two weeks later that you can’t take it off...

As already mentioned, you can remove the rear quarter panels, which is pretty neat.

In fact, the Jeep looks pretty awesome with the rear quarter windows removed and the half doors FCA has been teasing us for three years but still don’t exist.
Jeep Wrangler JL One-Touch Roof Not Removable? tenor
half doors, invisible rear window, unique hood, large tires. It is mostly what makes this jeep so cool. Would look even better with the exposed roll bars and truly topless imo.

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
dont think u can put a hard top on that...

Jeep Wrangler JL One-Touch Roof Not Removable? tenor
Well, that's a preproduction 392 with half doors. But even then, sure you could. The op has a production wrangler. Same body tub no matter which model you buy. What the factory bolted on we can take off :)

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
Well, that's a preproduction 392 with half doors. But even then, sure you could. The op has a production wrangler. Same body tub no matter which model you buy. What the factory bolted on we can take off :)
learning something new every day... makes the world go round faster. ty
Sponsored