gatara

First Name
Alex Gata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Good Morning,

I just purchased a 2020 wrangler great car I love it. The one problem I have is that I got the one-touch roof. I just realize two weeks after the purchase that I can't remove the top at all like a soft-top or a hard-top. Is that true?
Sponsored

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S, 2024 WILLY's
Good Morning,

I just purchased a 2020 wrangler great car I love it. The one problem I have is that I got the one-touch roof. I just realize two weeks after the purchase that I can't remove the top at all like a soft-top or a hard-top. Is that true?
you can’t remove the top but the last two windows can be removed. Believe there is a YouTube video on it.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry, don’t mean to sound mean...but the “one-touch” top is “one-expensive” option...to find out two weeks later that you can’t take it off...

As already mentioned, you can remove the rear quarter panels, which is pretty neat.

In fact, the Jeep looks pretty awesome with the rear quarter windows removed and the half doors FCA has been teasing us for three years but still don’t exist.
Jeep Wrangler JL One-Touch Roof Not Removable? 001-200712-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-392-concept

OP
OP

gatara

First Name
Alex Gata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry, don’t mean to sound mean...but the “one-touch” top is “one-expensive” option...to find out two weeks later that you can’t take it off...

As already mentioned, you can remove the rear quarter panels, which is pretty neat.

In fact, the Jeep looks pretty awesome with the rear quarter windows removed and the half doors FCA has been teasing us for three years but still don’t exist.
Jeep Wrangler JL One-Touch Roof Not Removable? 001-200712-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-392-concept

OP
OP

gatara

First Name
Alex Gata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
I live in Miami it's been raining for a week that's why I did try to remove the top. It was a buyer beware situation. I when in to buy the hardtop in the sarge green and they didn't have one they only had the one-touch. I did ask if the top was removable and he said yes the tools are in the truck. I should have known better considering I deal with salespeople every day. It does look nice but it limits me to accessories I can add and I didn't realize this at the time but open my up to theft.

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
I live in Miami it's been raining for a week that's why I did try to remove the top. It was a buyer beware situation. I when in to buy the hardtop in the sarge green and they didn't have one they only had the one-touch. I did ask if the top was removable and he said yes the tools are in the truck. I should have known better considering I deal with salespeople every day. It does look nice but it limits me to accessories I can add and I didn't realize this at the time but open my up to theft.
Florida has no cooling-off period which would allow you to return a vehicle no-questions-asked (many states do have this law for a defined period of time, usually 3-14 days). However if the dealer intentionally misled you by saying the top is removable, you do have the valid threat of a lawsuit.

I doubt you'd win the lawsuit, as the dealership could argue that you also could've done some pre-purchase research and found the top isn't removable. But winning may not be necessary, a dealer may want to avoid the legal fees and negative publicity of being sued. So if you return to the dealership, explain that you felt you were misled by the salesperson, they may work with you on letting you return the Jeep and use the funds towards the purchase of another. It's a long shot, but worth a try.

Sponsored

OP
OP

gatara

First Name
Alex Gata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Florida has no cooling-off period which would allow you to return a vehicle no-questions-asked (many states do have this law for a defined period of time, usually 3-14 days). However if the dealer intentionally misled you by saying the top is removable, you do have the valid threat of a lawsuit.

I doubt you'd win the lawsuit, as the dealership could argue that you also could've done some pre-purchase research and found the top isn't removable. But winning may not be necessary, a dealer may want to avoid the legal fees and negative publicity of being sued. So if you return to the dealership, explain that you felt you were misled by the salesperson, they may work with you on letting you return the Jeep and use the funds towards the purchase of another. It's a long shot, but worth a try.

Cmac84

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL unlimited rubicon
Good Morning,

Hello, the roof can be removed.......I did it myself. Search for a thread title "just installed Sky one touch" ......i think that is the title. You can remove it....its not that big of a deal, I would not do it everyday but it can and has been removed by several people here on this site. If you need help or have questions pm me, i will help as best as i can.

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
You can probably remove it and sell it then buy a hard top. It is removable, just not as convenient as a soft top or even a hard top. You might want to play around with it a little though. Removing a hardtop isn't super convenient either. I know some people who have the one-touch top and love it. They definitely have theirs opened up more than I'll be removing my hard top. If you take the sides and back off it's pretty nice.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Hello the roof can be removed.......I did it myself. Search for a thread title "just installed Sky one touch" ......i think that is the title. You can remove it....its not that big of a deal, I would not do it everyday but it can and has been removed by several people here on this site. If you need help or have questions pm me, i will help as best as i can.
The OP should go to the dealership and say: “I am here for my first of the FOUR FREE top removals under the Jeep Wave program I was promised when I bought the Jeep! The tools are in the back.”

Then watch them scramble for 20 minutes before they offer him one year free car washes to have him go away...

:LOL:
Sponsored