Sponsored

One Touch Power Top terrors in car wash

TxJeep69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 IH Scout, a few others
I have been using the iShine wash by my house for years on all of my cars with no issues. I took the Rubi with sky roof through today for the first time. Has high pressure water and blowers. No issues, no leaks, no scratches, top didn’t bow in much if any.
Sponsored

Aranimus

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
So living in CA, we don't have the bitter cold or salt to contend with, but washing the Jeep (2D soft top JL) was something I was wondering about after I purchased it. I decided that my days of running through a car wash were over (being top down almost all year), and I found that hand washing was actually fairly easy (and a good shop vac does well with the interior!). I do the "rinse-less" wash thing, using a product called "Optimum No Rinse" and it really works well. In CA, sometimes water can be at a premium (you know, drought, firestorms etc.), so a 'one-bucket' wash is a plus. The only thing is, you really can't get a pressure wash of the undercarriage I suppose. But in general? Cranking up the radio in the sun while you hand wash isn't so bad --- part of the Jeep/convertible experience!

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
What is a nice tip on a $20 car wash? I'm not originally from a place with a tipping culture so the whole thing is a bit strange to me and I never know what to give. Food is easy, everyone tells you a percent. But a car wash, or a haircut, apparently some people tip their mailman and garbage man? These things just confuse me.
I usually tip 20 besides the house 20. I make a decent living and these guys are just trying to feed their families.
Sponsored