One tire off balance - this bad?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
You shouldn’t really be driving on that tire at all. Severe vibration can cause premature failure of connecting components.
Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Very rare to have the AEV wheel be in fault--so

The more you drive it, the higher the rear axle bushing/seal/bearing damage and cost is gonna go UP-Jeep warranty won't cover it !

Get the tire replaced under warranty !

Good luck

JIMBO

OP
OP

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
Very rare to have the AEV wheel be in fault--so

The more you drive it, the higher the rear axle bushing/seal/bearing damage and cost is gonna go UP-Jeep warranty won't cover it !

Get the tire replaced under warranty !

Good luck

JIMBO
2 new tires went on, were able to be road force balanced and drives much better. I had the tech check all tires just in case, for some reason 2 tires that were balanced just weeks ago came out of balance by about 1 ounce each. Now fixed, but crazy how 2 tires of the 4 because out of balance by 1 ounce each.

Owner told me grapplers are much better - I don’t know if I made a mistake with the KM3s but not super stoked on them. I’ll drive on these until they wear out and will be my last set of KM3s

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
The Hub bore is specific to the JL, as a few others are, only means you don't need hub centric rings.

But I agree it is a tire, not wheel issue.
Have they spun the wheel on the balancer without the tire on? might be worth a try to verify if it is wheel or tire causing the balance issue
Sponsored