The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Yeah, jeep has a custom fit compartment for the FOB. Open the tailgate, lift up the carpet panel. It's a tight fit though.
I tried it, the lid wont close and my rear suspension sags
Advertisement

Last edited:

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
My Family Wranglers (JKR,JLR) are both 2 doors. Ingress and Egress into the back seat is a nightmare,

Tommywear

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
"One thing I don't like about my Wrangler......"

.....but one thing I do like is when Stellantis puts out less than idea product, the aftermarket--motivated by the sheer size of the Wrangler market and opportunity to make $--comes up with a solution, whether that's AJT Designs, Threedom, Gibson leather works or whoever...

Yeah, you've got to pay extra, it doesn't come standard, but it's at least available.

I think the OP said his Toyota fob was available in more than one design too...so there's that. Non-Wranglers have their OEM and aftermarket options, but the choices aren't as vast.

Last edited:

engineXI

First Name
jank
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
i would like the FOB to:
1) have the lock/unlock buttons with a different feel from each other so I dont have to look at it when I lock/unlock.
2) no related to the FOB as an issue, but I like to turn the ignition with a key. I already 'lost' my FOB like 4x because I leave it in the jeep and it falls inbetween the cracks.

Blazini6

First Name
Blaise
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee
i would like the FOB to:
1) have the lock/unlock buttons with a different feel from each other so I dont have to look at it when I lock/unlock.
2) no related to the FOB as an issue, but I like to turn the ignition with a key. I already 'lost' my FOB like 4x because I leave it in the jeep and it falls inbetween the cracks.
I just remember that the unlock button is the one closer to the key switch button and that somehow makes sense to me since keys unlock things.

joliett

First Name
Joel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I was stuck in park and I wanted to use the emergency release to put it in NEUTRAL. No tools... I couldn't get the darn plastic cover off the access plate....ah ha...the remote key in the remote control fit perfectly!

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Because the key almost always stays in my pocket I just bought one of these. It's almost the perfect size and fixes the "key opening in my pocket" problem.

Link

acenines3

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Retired
I see everyone like's the Mythreedom key fob case but has anyone else tried the one from AJT Designs ? It fit's nicely in the pocket and has a place for the key.
tempImagemFZZvW.jpg
tempImagevTZUY0.jpg

entropy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Scientist
Yeah but her's isn't shaped like a jerry can. Also, those of us with remote start have the same amount of buttons as her's.
Also, doesn't have a flip key which requires a wound spring and barrel, adding to thickness.
My 2020 camry's has an extra button too, it has the flip key, and it is like half the thickness and almost half the length of this monstrosity.

The size of the JL key is impractical. I am sure they did it for other than practical reasons.

Rhinebeck01

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
I see everyone like's the Mythreedom key fob case but has anyone else tried the one from AJT Designs ? It fit's nicely in the pocket and has a place for the key.
tempImagemFZZvW.jpg
tempImagevTZUY0.jpg
@acenines3

I had a few AJT Design fobs for the JL ... had them from the very day Adam at AJT Designs started offering them...

.......then many months later, I acquired a DI Labs/Threedom fob(s) for the JL to test/to evaluate............ and well, I immediately sold all my AJT Design Fobs as no way could AJT Design fobs compare to the Threedom offerings in regard to size, button feel, quality .... functionality, and more...

Also, Carl the co-founder of DI Labs / @Threedom actually has a Jeep (JT) participates on this forum and on the JT forum and is a Forum Sponsor here and at the JT forum... He's a real nice guy too! His Team at DI Labs are terrific to say the least!

When I buy a THREEDOM offering, I know it is a product offered by a fellow Jeeper, a forum sponsor and I know the product is Made in the USA / Minnesota .... all of which, mean lots to me.

A pic of my last AJT Designs fob... Carried in in a Gibson Leatherwork's Leather Holster... The holster was terrific...
20190714_084428.jpg

Yes, I am a tester of Threedom offerings .... Yes, I did testing for AJT Designs too.... but tester or not of these offerings, I tell it like it is about a product, the good or the bad .... I'm in no one's pocket so to speak..

Advertisement

Gibson Leatherworks

Advertisement