One of my favorite mods. Only $12 -- centrifugal tire valve caps

wnorton

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU, F350
Ok, as silly as the topic sounds this really has become a favorite mod. For the few months I’ve been using centrifugal tire valve caps. They are awesome. Quick and easy. on my wheels the valve stems are well protected in the wheel castings. It’s a pain to get caps on/off with beg hands or with gloves. These pop on/off caps are great.

https://morrflate.com/shop/morrflate-accessories/caps-bundle/

im not affiliated with morrflate but more people should be aware of this product. Thanks morrflate.
Sponsored

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Hmm. That’s an interesting product, however I don’t think I want easy off caps with pull tabs. I prefer the hard to remove ones with good seal or o-ring and sturdy threads.

I would worry about mud and brush pulling those off.

Sparky1352

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Recon
Ok, as silly as the topic sounds this really has become a favorite mod. For the few months I’ve been using centrifugal tire valve caps. They are awesome. Quick and easy. on my wheels the valve stems are well protected in the wheel castings. It’s a pain to get caps on/off with beg hands or with gloves. These pop on/off caps are great.

https://morrflate.com/shop/morrflate-accessories/caps-bundle/

im not affiliated with morrflate but more people should be aware of this product. Thanks morrflate.
Glad to hear you're happy with them. For your use case, they may be perfect.

However, the thing you're so impressed with is the very thing that makes them a terrible idea; they're easy to pop off. While on the trail, I don't want to have to worry about my valve stems potentially being exposed to mud, dirt, sand, etc. because the cap "popped off." There's a reason valve stems have a threaded cap design. The product you listed introduces the very weakness the threaded design addresses.

Thanks, but no thanks. I'll stick with having to spend the extra 1/2 of a second it takes to screw on (or off) the existing valve stem caps as the trade off for knowing they're shielded from the elements.

Sponsored

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Glad to hear you're happy with them. For your use case, they may be perfect.

However, the thing you're so impressed with is the very thing that makes them a terrible idea; they're easy to pop off. While on the trail, I don't want to have to worry about my valve stems potentially being exposed to mud, dirt, sand, etc. because the cap "popped off." There's a reason valve stems have a threaded cap design. The product you listed introduces the very weakness the threaded design addresses.

Thanks, but no thanks. I'll stick with having to spend the extra 1/2 of a second it takes to screw on (or off) the existing valve stem caps as the trade off for knowing they're shielded from the elements.
Couldn't agree more. I use metal caps with an O-ring. They look nicer and add a tiny bit of extra insurance against a flat tire should you have a leaky valve core.
Sponsored