Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
Sigh. One of the first things they teach engineers is to not blindly trust your calculator (or your computer). It is critical to look at the numbers and see if they make sense.

The 37x12.5R17 Toyo Open Country you attempt to model has an aspect ratio of 12.5". The tread width will be less than that, but let's be generous and say that tire is 12" wide. To lay down 463 square inches of contact patch that patch would have to be over 38" long. Maybe I slept through the part of my physics class that explained how that was possible with a 37" diameter tire...

The fact is that taller tires lay down longer contact patches all else being equal.

The fact is that off road tires have heavy duty sidewalls and tread that have a significant contribution to load bearing capacity at low pressures. I run 5-7 psi when I take my big dog on the trail and I assure you the contact patch is significantly smaller than your joke of a website suggests.

The fact is that off road tires have heavy duty sidewalls and tread that have a significant contribution to load bearing capacity at low pressures. I run 5-7 psi when I take my big dog on the trail and I assure you the contact patch is significantly smaller than your joke of a website suggests.
They do have a larger contribution at lower pressures, I wouldn't call it significant. The side wall is a very weak spring. That's why I'm be adding a piece wise cubic spline so you get very accurate results.

You're quick with the emotional insults. How many clicks does it take on my site to do the stock JLS v JLR on 37's gearing? You need a couple clicks on mine to change the diff from 4:88 to 4:10 (because 4:88 is more typical on a JLR with 37s). Compare that to other sites. If you don't like it, don't use it, no reason to insult it. I'm waiting to test your site.
Sponsored