Sponsored

One Confusing part of the Rubicon vs. Sahara question.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
The downside to lockers is on turns, they tend to bind causing a break in traction, which is why lockers are unsafe in snow and ice unless going in a relative straight line most of the time, same applies for mud. LSD provides that boost only when needed. By adding the Locker front with the rear LSD you have the best of both worlds when needed. Those that use say a Tazer on their Rubicons to by pass the 4-L only use of Lockers allowing then to be used in 4-H is not a wise choice and will likely created more binding opportunities or slippage on turns especially at higher speeds often driven in 4-H.
Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
You are the first person I've heard who had a good experience w/ 4WP. I've heard nothing but horror stories about having them do work.

Nothing but a good experience so far. They are affordable, and accountable two important factors. You could self install however for $500 (labor cost) it was worth every penny to me.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
General consensus is get all options just incase you will need it. Rubicon hood stiker usually gets you extra 1 -1.5 inches. So naturally you feel more manly ;)
But if you are driving in the winter, Sahara with auto 4x4 might be much better daily driver option and will take on 99.9% of what Rubicon can without lockers. Lockers only shine when slowly crawling on rocks.
It all comes down to what type of offloading you will do. It you are looking to dive down into few city storm drains, any model of Wrangler will do.

No lockers on the Jeep in the video.

Last edited:

Jeep1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JL, 2008 Sahara JK, 2000 Sport TJ, 1995 Sport YJ
I love Jeeps, no matter the configuration. I love the CJ my dad had, I
I love my first new vehicle- a 1995 Wrangler. I love the 2000 Wrangler that hooked my daughter as well as the 2008 Saraha she drives now. I’m loving my current JL Rubicon with 4 doors- never thought I’d go there ... bottom line. Jeep’s are iconic we don’t need “we” beating each other up. Leave that to another cause.

Thx

CJACKZ

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2003 Expedition, 2003 C230 kompressor
Occupation
Making Trash
Wife and I had been shopping for a new car for over a year. Looked at Subaru, Toyota, Ford, Chevy, etc, etc, etc.......

For our 25th anniversary, I rented a 2021 Grand Cherokee Limited to drive to the Outerbanks. My wife loved it. Upon our return we seriously started looking at GC’s. When she saw the GC in Snazzberry, she loved the color. Couldn’t find a GCU with tow package in that or any color. Our local Jeep dealer had just received a JLU Sahara and JLU Rubicon both in Snazzberry. She chose the Rubi because of the ride and handling. She felt the Rubicon was “more solid”.

This was our first new vehicle purchase in close to 20 years. We decided to buy what we wanted.

BTW... I wave at all people in Jeep’s. Just wish more would wave back.

Sponsored

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
In my experience, the best combo is a rear locker with a front LSD

Wkaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
To each his own. Went with the sahara because I'm not doing any rock crawling. Every day driver and snow mobile. It's a jeep you can't go wrong.
Sponsored