Sponsored

On the lot deals

OhReally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hellayella JLUS, Honda Odyssey
I'm in Kentucky and wrecked my car so I'm looking to get a new wrangler pretty quick. I'm not having any luck finding deals around me. In VA, I have found some lots that will give $7k off of the sticker with $800-$900 dealer fee but they don't have the exact build that I'm looking for. Are there other areas that actually have competitive pricing? I don't mind a drive back.

Thanks for any insight.
Sponsored

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Unfortunately you missed all the end of year deals where they cleared the lots. I bought mine in the beginning of December and there were lots to choose from locally. I was there the other day and not so much. At least not much I was would have been interested in.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Are you looking at 2018s sitting on the lot? $7000 off 2019 sticker would be a good deal. What is the dealer fee?

OP
OP

OhReally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$700-$900 for dealer fees. A few dealers that I have found are doing both 18s and 19s at a pretty big discount. I also just found out that in that area they exclude destination off of the sticker when giving the discount. So it isn't really $7k off it is $5.5k off. So the MSRP of $47.5k is around $45.6k out the door with title, processing, destination, and sales tax.

K2500Z71

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
What config are you looking for?

Sponsored

MikeLewisMusic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 Door, 2.0l Turbo/Automatic
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I ordered my Jeep, but the dealer I ordered from currently has a pretty good selection on the lot, and they gave me a good deal (I sent a quote request out to 7 dealers, they had the best overall deal). I don't know what kind of deals they make for Jeeps in inventory, though. They have been good to deal with, both their sales and service departments have been really good. Richmond, KY, Mann Chrysler Jeep.

OP
OP

OhReally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bare minimum - I just want something to cruise in with some tunes
Sport S or Sahara
3.6L v6
8 speed auto
Alpine upgrade
Tech Group
3 piece hardtop - really want dual top but those are rare. So plan to order top later.
Any color but Mojito

What I would really would like but can't find without a bunch of other stuff thrown in
3.6L v6
8 speed auto
LED lighting
Trailer Tow group
Electronic Infotainment System Group
Dual top
Remote proximity
Ocean Blue​

OP
OP

OhReally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered my Jeep, but the dealer I ordered from currently has a pretty good selection on the lot, and they gave me a good deal (I sent a quote request out to 7 dealers, they had the best overall deal). I don't know what kind of deals they make for Jeeps in inventory, though. They have been good to deal with, both their sales and service departments have been really good. Richmond, KY, Mann Chrysler Jeep.
I've been going off website prices because it is less for me to negotiate. Is Mann actually lower onsite?

MikeLewisMusic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I've been going off website prices because it is less for me to negotiate. Is Mann actually lower onsite?
You have to negotiate, in my opinion. I ordered mine, but I communicated a spec and they quoted a price specifically for me. Not sure how well they deal for inventory items. Good Luck!

OP
OP

OhReally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went to order from one of the dealers in Louisville and they quoted me MSRP. I might just order from one of the recommended dealers that are doing 5% off invoice and just walk in and sign when it comes in. I've been in too many auto negotiations, so that sounds very appealing to not have to go back and forth.

I just have to figure if I want to fly to DC and get something off the lot or have it built exactly as I want. It is weird to me that proximity locks are not on more Wranglers since it doesn't seem that much for the convenience.

Sponsored

dreamjeep2020

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2020 Rubi
Not sure what part of KY you're in, but a few people had great things to say about Byers out of the Columbus, Oh area.

MikeLewisMusic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I went to order from one of the dealers in Louisville and they quoted me MSRP. I might just order from one of the recommended dealers that are doing 5% off invoice and just walk in and sign when it comes in. I've been in too many auto negotiations, so that sounds very appealing to not have to go back and forth.

I just have to figure if I want to fly to DC and get something off the lot or have it built exactly as I want. It is weird to me that proximity locks are not on more Wranglers since it doesn't seem that much for the convenience.
My experience with Louisville dealers was less than optimum. But I found reason much closer than DC.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Have you checked Tyson Motors or Dupage Jeep in IL? They both do hefty discounts.

OP
OP

OhReally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the tip. They do offer pretty big discounts!!
Sponsored