Sponsored

On July 30th, I received my ordered Wrangler Turbo 2.0L, does anyone else have one?

On July 30th, I received my ordered Wrangler turbo 2.0L, does anyone else have theirs yet? Send pics

• Total voters

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
I’ll keep checking in to see when you finally take her home. The King of the Turbos!
Thanks lol
Sponsored

Brad1927

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara Turbo
Yes. Got mine 3 weeks ago (Pittsburgh). They're moving.

20180808_195027.jpg

Sponsored

otisroy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
I did what it said 60-65 for 300 miles. I hated it. More cars passed me on the PA turnpike than ever in my life. But I’m gonna keep this one for a while.
I know there was some discussion about dealers not babying motors during break-in. Having ridden sport bikes for years there's also a school of thought that running the engine hard over varying RPMs is the best way to get the rings seated well against the cylinder walls early in it's life. It's possible that if they wailed on your motor while still new they may have done you an enormous favor.

http://mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
I just changed my manual JLUR to the 2019 JLUR Turbo (Yellow color with black hard top).
Merry Christmas to the fellow Jeepers.

Sponsored

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
I think the dealership filled my turbo with regular gas. I have run half the gas tank with it. I read the manual before going for fill up and it says 91 or higher octane recommended. But the manual also says that it will give satisfactory performance with 87 octane too.
Do you think running the 2.0 turbo engine the first 250 miles on regular gas could cause any lasting damage? I didn't hear any knocking/pings. I topped it off with 91 octane this evening. So my fuel is around 89 octane now.

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
I think the dealership filled my turbo with regular gas. I have run half the gas tank with it. I read the manual before going for fill up and it says 91 or higher octane recommended. But the manual also says that it will give satisfactory performance with 87 octane too.
Do you think running the 2.0 turbo engine the first 250 miles on regular gas could cause any lasting damage? I didn't hear any knocking/pings. I topped it off with 91 octane this evening. So my fuel is around 89 octane now.
No. The 2.0 can use 87 just fine per the manual.

Mojito Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2020 JLU Sport S 2015 Transit 250
Occupation
HVAC Field Supervisor
I run 87 in ours with no problems whatsoever since new; we now have 1800ish miles on it. It gets somewhere around 24 MPG average, I can get 28 on a freeway trip as long as I don’t get too ambitious with the throttle. I haven’t run any 91 in it yet, really don’t have any plans on doing so either. The 2.0 has more uumph than the 3.6 that was in our 17 Cherokee by far and achieves just as good of mileage.

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
I run 87 in ours with no problems whatsoever since new; we now have 1800ish miles on it. It gets somewhere around 24 MPG average, I can get 28 on a freeway trip as long as I don’t get too ambitious with the throttle. I haven’t run any 91 in it yet, really don’t have any plans on doing so either. The 2.0 has more uumph than the 3.6 that was in our 17 Cherokee by far and achieves just as good of mileage.
That’s awesome!
Sponsored