Sponsored

On July 30th, I received my ordered Wrangler Turbo 2.0L, does anyone else have one?

On July 30th, I received my ordered Wrangler turbo 2.0L, does anyone else have theirs yet? Send pics

• Total voters
OP
OP
TT13

TT13

First Name
Tina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Turbo 2.0L, Toyota Tacoma 15
Tina what fuel are you running in it? 87 or 91/93
The dealer filled it up with 87 with me sitting in the passenger seat panicking. With breaking it in and taking it easy for the first 300 miles, I got 24.7 mpg’s. Some city but mostly highway. I did fill it up with 93 octane today!
Sponsored

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
The dealer filled it up with 87 with me sitting in the passenger seat panicking. With breaking it in and taking it easy for the first 300 miles, I got 24.7 mpg’s. Some city but mostly highway. I did fill it up with 93 octane today!
Wow! 24.7 is pretty great, especially on a brand new car (I believe it often improves by 1-2 mpgs after a few thousand miles).

Mister_Sterling

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra Touring
Congratulations on your new Wrangler Sport 2.0T! Great choice. I am seriously considering getting a Sport S turbo in red in early 2019. That is a fine choice. You got a mix of the basic, accessory-ready Wrangler and the most advanced drivetrain in the history of this vehicle.

OP
OP
TT13

TT13

First Name
Tina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations on your new Wrangler Sport 2.0T! Great choice. I am seriously considering getting a Sport S turbo in red in early 2019. That is a fine choice. You got a mix of the basic, accessory-ready Wrangler and the most advanced drivetrain in the history of this vehicle.
I’m really happy with my choice. I did my research before ordering to the best of my ability, now I can just hope that it all plays out. So far so good!

Sponsored

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Sorry, regular drivability is highly situationally dependent. I've been driving turbo engines on and off since 2003, and after my last N/A car swore I was sticking to turbo. My Explorer has Ford's 3.5TT, and it's a monster. Had a great time tearing around in it for a while--until my commute changed. Now I need to go through a few intersections where there should be lights and aren't, and I need to pull forward hard from a stop. It's terrible; I have an underpowered V6 through the dangerous portion of the intersection, which lunges forward once I'm safe and don't need the power.

[Side Note: Do NOT ask about fuel economy. I was looking at a JK Rubi as an alternative to get better mpg, no lie I'm lucky to get 14mpg if I'm LIGHT on the pedal, and that's mixed driving--under 12 in city.]

Turbos are great, reliable, and here to stay. But the idea that they are flatly superior relies on artificially constructed scenarios as above--holding shifts? Who does that? If the transmission timing sucks or isn't set properly, the car will suck. If it's set right, an N/A car is VERY satisfying. Try driving a BMW E46 M3 with DSG if you want to talk satisfaction. And in a Jeep, where super low rpm crawl matters, the 3.6 has an advantage to a certain type of buyer.
I own a 17 explorer sport as well. It’s a fine vehicle and never once have I felt it’s underpowered from a stop, and I daily drive a 600hp built diesel. I agree it’s not hard to watch the mpg take a dive if your into the boost all the time. I can understand in your situation how the slight lag could be bothersome. I still don’t think that would push me away. BTW if you think that things a monster now, tune it. Very impressive after Livernois 93 perf tune with trans tuning.

OP
OP
TT13

TT13

First Name
Tina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Filled it up in WV today. Even driving in the hills it got 24.8. I’m really happy with it! It’s a smooth ride and it’s a JEEP!

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Filled it up in WV today. Even driving in the hills it got 24.8. I’m really happy with it! It’s a smooth ride and it’s a JEEP!
I was really impressed with the smooth ride very nice I agree!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
TT13

TT13

First Name
Tina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was really impressed with the smooth ride very nice I agree!!
I’ve been watching the other site just to make sure yours has been delivered. I wish you so much enjoyment with it. I probably would do the same and wait on the clone if it isn’t going to be that much more time. I’ve had to top down every day that it isn’t raining. It’s a lot of fun to drive. Don’t forget to break the clone in nice and easy!

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
I’ve been watching the other site just to make sure yours has been delivered. I wish you so much enjoyment with it. I probably would do the same and wait on the clone if it isn’t going to be that much more time. I’ve had to top down every day that it isn’t raining. It’s a lot of fun to drive. Don’t forget to break the clone in nice and easy!
I asked Dealer about that , he said under 70 is good , I read on here not to go over 50 so not sure, he told me under 70 first 500miles

OP
OP
TT13

TT13

First Name
Tina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did what it said 60-65 for 300 miles. I hated it. More cars passed me on the PA turnpike than ever in my life. But I’m gonna keep this one for a while.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
I did what it said 60-65 for 300 miles. I hated it. More cars passed me on the PA turnpike than ever in my life. But I’m gonna keep this one for a while.
I’ll do same , I don’t drive expressway to much I’m inner city home and work, the drive from dealer will be only highway driver for a while

OP
OP
TT13

TT13

First Name
Tina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ll keep checking in to see when you finally take her home. The King of the Turbos!
Sponsored