Sponsored

On July 30th, I received my ordered Wrangler Turbo 2.0L, does anyone else have one?

On July 30th, I received my ordered Wrangler turbo 2.0L, does anyone else have theirs yet? Send pics

• Total voters
OP
OP
TT13

TT13

First Name
Tina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Turbo 2.0L, Toyota Tacoma 15
Really hope it gets here soon!

thewise1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Turbo 2door Stingray Sport and 6cyl 4door White Sahara
July 30 (?) - national Jeep hurricane turbo day - 1st known delivery (me next?) ... :)

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Thank you again for sharing the info! And congrats!

My dealer has a couple now and he said they drag raced a 2.0 and a 3.6 next to each other for a 0-60.

The 2.0 won by about a car length... but of course, who knows how scientific they were :)

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon

My dealer has a couple now and he said they drag raced a 2.0 and a 3.6 next to each other for a 0-60.

The 2.0 won by about a car length... but of course, who knows how scientific they were :)
Forgive my ignorance, but is a car length a lot? It seems like it would maybe translate to a 0.2 seconds difference - am I wildly off the mark?
In any event, sounds pretty cool!

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Forgive my ignorance, but is a car length a lot? It seems like it would maybe translate to a 0.2 seconds difference - am I wildly off the mark?
In any event, sounds pretty cool!
It’s lot if the two drivers are equally matched. Which is likely not the case lol. Well. I mean it’s a lot in the racing world. In day to day driving. No.

Would love to hear some real world reviews though.

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
It’s lot if the two drivers are equally matched. Which is likely not the case lol. Well. I mean it’s a lot in the racing world. In day to day driving. No.

Would love to hear some real world reviews though.
Thank you!

Sponsored

Mooeymoose

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white Willy’s unlimited
Still waiting for mine. I certainly hope is more then one car length. A Jeep JLU is 188 inches and at 60 mph the math is 0.18 sec.

If that is the case I should have went with the v6 and added a turbo after market.

I anybody talk about the drive, feel, start stop, etc.

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Well there goes the proper Break-in on those two jeeps.

ENGINE BREAK-IN RECOMMENDATIONS A long break-in period is not required for the engine and drivetrain (transmission and axle) in your vehicle. Drive moderately during the first 300 miles (500 km). After the initial 60 miles (100 km), speeds up to 50 or 55 mph (80 or 90 km/h) are desirable. While cruising, brief full-throttle acceleration within the limits of local traffic laws contributes to a good break-in. Wide-open throttle acceleration in low gear can be detrimental and should be avoided. The engine oil installed in the engine at the factory is a high-quality energy conserving type lubricant. Oil changes should be consistent with anticipated climate conditions under which vehicle operations will occur. For the recommended viscosity and quality grades, refer to “Dealer Service” in “Servicing And Maintenance”. CAUTION! Never use Non-Detergent Oil or Straight Mineral Oil in the engine or damage may result.

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
Still waiting for mine. I certainly hope is more then one car length. A Jeep JLU is 188 inches and at 60 mph the math is 0.18 sec.

If that is the case I should have went with the v6 and added a turbo after market.

I anybody talk about the drive, feel, start stop, etc.
This lines up with my impressions of the Cherokee with the same engine as well as what reviewers have said. The new Pentastar really is good in the new Wrangler, and 0.2 seconds sounds about right. The thing is that will only be under full boost/full pedal mash. in other situations where you are just cruising along the turbo will feel much weaker than the 3.6

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase

Wow, there is NO WAY IN THE WORLD that I would buy a Jeep off the lot from that dealer. Those Jeeps probably have less than 10 miles on them... i.e. rings not broken in, and those idiots are drag racing them? There is another thread from months ago talking about proper break in. Drag racing any vehicle that hasn't been broken in is one of the dumbest things you can do.
I'm not trying to be dramatic here but that dealer is a total idiot. There was one thread on here where someone posted a video that two idiot salesmen posted of them flooring a brand new Jeep on public roads to see how quick they could run it up to 60MPH. One of the guys on the forum was going to let FCA know about the dealership.

If it were me, I'd go find another dealer.

Mooeymoose

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white Willy’s unlimited
This lines up with my impressions of the Cherokee with the same engine as well as what reviewers have said. The new Pentastar really is good in the new Wrangler, and 0.2 seconds sounds about right. The thing is that will only be under full boost/full pedal mash. in other situations where you are just cruising along the turbo will feel much weaker than the 3.6
The numbers would not support your statement at all. The 2.0 makes more torque and more HP at lower RPM plus it has a battery motor assist for added low rpm torque. My guess is that you are totally just guessing unless you have driven one of these.
Sponsored