on board air

Bigtmiller

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler
So where is the best place to mount a air compressor if it will not fit in the engine compartment? Pics if you have em.

thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bigtmiller

Bigtmiller

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler
Nice, thanks for the pics

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Currently mounted on my gasser, but will be pulled and reinstalled on my diesel just as soon as it arrives from Toledo.

Jeep Wrangler JL on board air B434A353-2C4A-42E6-91B2-44D8B81DE6AB
I also fully support the M.O.R.E. Mount. Bit of a project wiring through the firewall and trim panels, but damn is it good once running.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I mounted mine under the hood. It is under the brake booster and then plumbed the air outlet to the front bumper. I ran the air inlet up to the top of the engine compartment.

It was a no go for me to mount it inside the jeep. My wife sits in there while I air up and did not want her to have to listen to it run.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
If I had it all to do over again, I would have gone with the ARB twin and the bracket to mount it in that cubby under the rear floor.

Like this (photo from web):
Jeep Wrangler JL on board air 1642498030352

What I actually did was a VIAIR compressor and tank mounted under the Jeep on a Hauk MULE skid plate, and plumbed to the same cubby. The air inlet is in the cubby, as is the air hose and inflator chuck. It's clean and tidy, and it works great, but it cost just as much as the ARB would have, and that skid plate is vulnerable. I ended up fabricating a skid plate for my skid plate, and eventually the wiring will probably corrode from salt and muck. Plus it's a pain in the ass to lay down in the frozen winter muck to open the valve to drain the tank, but a pull-cord style drain valve takes six months to evacuate the contents of the tank. Yeah. It works, but it kind of sucks, and I wouldn't go that way if I had a do-over.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

+1 on the innovative AT solutions

It's a slick system. Air all 4 tires up and down at the same time to the exact same pressure. Includes adjustable poppit valve to set desired street pressure. Once set, you turn on the compressor and it pops off when you're at street pressure. No baby sitting required. All 4 tires at exactly the right pressure.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Viair 400P
Jeep Wrangler JL on board air 1642516771785

Put it in any vehicle you want.

Sponsored

Linus

First Name
Linus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLR
I have my twin ARB under the passenger seat, installed with the ARB support. Just modified to push the installation forward so that the compressor is entirely under the passenger seat (and the rear plastic floor mat does not have to be cut shorter).
The twin compressor is installed top-down and as such fully protected by a solid metal plate.
An approx 3.5 gallons thanks is installed in the frame, between the muffler and the shaft.
The passenger seat operates as normal.