Sponsored

On-board air option from Extreme Outback Products?

Tpom

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Hello everyone!

I did some searching but didn't see any threads specific to the air compressors from Extreme Outback Products. If I messed one, please let me know.

I have been trying to decide on what air compressor to get once the Jeep comes in. I thought I was settled on an ARB Twin air but a few overlanding friends recommended going with one from Extreme Outback Products instead. From what they have told me, they are very well made and have been supplying the Australian and American army for several years. Anyways, wondering if anyone has one or has used one in the field?

Here is a link to one of the options: ExtremeAire High Output 12 Volt Compressor
Sponsored

dustdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone!

I did some searching but didn't see any threads specific to the air compressors from Extreme Outback Products. If I messed one, please let me know.

I have been trying to decide on what air compressor to get once the Jeep comes in. I thought I was settled on an ARB Twin air but a few overlanding friends recommended going with one from Extreme Outback Products instead. From what they have told me, they are very well made and have been supplying the Australian and American army for several years. Anyways, wondering if anyone has one or has used one in the field?

Here is a link to one of the options: ExtremeAire High Output 12 Volt Compressor
I've got two of them on different work trucks; ordered them both as portable (in their own steel box, with alligator clip leads) but ended up converting one to on-board full time. They are well built and hold up to a lot of vibrations on rough roads. Seem to air up tires fast enough. My only comment (not really a complaint) is that they do get HOT. Accidently melted through a hose, and a coworker burnt his fingers when trying to disconnect the QD hose. I like them OK but having had an ARB on my previous Jeeps, I think I'd probably go ARB again (single or twin, not sure yet).