Sponsored

On average how long does it take to get a Jeep you ordered?

Rann61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
After researching and searching for a Black 4 door Jeep Willy and not finding what I want, I have decided to order one. I plan to sell my current Jeep as I have been offered a very good price for it. Since this is my only vehicle I’m trying to get an idea on average how long it is taking everyone to get their orders delivered? I have a relative that has offered to let me use their car or they will take me to work and back so although it will be hard for a while I have my transportation worked out. I live in Tennessee and plan to buy through Gupton as I have heard good things about them although they are over 200 miles from me.

I have another question do you think it’s bad to drive a newly built Jeep over 200 miles as soon as I pick it up? Someone mentioned this to me the other day and I had never thought of that but I have to drive it back home. Thanks!
Sponsored

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Dakota T56, 2015 Hemi Ram
Most dealers are quoting 16 to 20 weeks. I am not sure when 2022 production stops and 2023 starts however. If you place an order in the dead zone it could take even longer.

I would not worry about the drive. Just take backroads. It's more fun.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
Most dealers are quoting 16 to 20 weeks. I am not sure when 2022 production stops and 2023 starts however. If you place an order in the dead zone it could take even longer.

I would not worry about the drive. Just take backroads. It's more fun.
'23 production started last week.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Mine took 105 days for my Hella and 106 for my Hydro. ~15 weeks.

Trying to judge how long they are taking now, but with the switchover it hard to say.

I'm not certain if there were any changes from 22 to 23. Very minor from 21 to 22.

Stetson

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2014 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Project Manager
My order was confirmed on 7-30. When I placed the order the dealership told me 5-6 months.

i ordered a 392 in Reign. They did say that some of the other trims were coming in a lot quicker. They also had a bunch of new gladiators on the lot. The sales guy said they received 3 truckloads of gladiators over the past two days and they were expecting wranglers soon.

he was seeming to incidicate that the new vehicles supplies were starting to catch up with demand

stetson

Sponsored

Stetson

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2014 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Project Manager
add 2-3 weeks regardless of what the dealer says for west coast. Not sure about east coast delays.
There is still a ton of speculation. My sales guy had a lot of ‘opinions’ of how things were getting better but not really any facts.

the thing that made me start to think the supply is getting better is the lot had a good supply of inventory. I had been going there regulalry for oil changes and for a while the place Looked like a used car lot. Now it has a lot of new cars. A bunch of gladiators, a few cherokees, some grand cherokees and even some wagoners.

based on my personal observation things seemed to be getting better. I got quoted 5-6 months but I am hoping for more like 3-4

stetson

mike_g

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 CJ7
I have another question do you think it’s bad to drive a newly built Jeep over 200 miles as soon as I pick it up? Someone mentioned this to me the other day and I had never thought of that but I have to drive it back home. Thanks!
Read up on the break in procedure of the engine you are getting. You will want to vary speed and not exceed 55 or 4k RPM for the first 300 miles. Don't set the cruise, take the scenic route- it shouldn't be a problem. I don't believe this applies to the diesel engine.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/break-in-on-new-jeep.38209/post-850511

[Edit]: a word

Last edited:

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Take a look at this thread:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2023-orders-check-in-here.95384/page-184#post-2061867

And you'll see that there really isn't an average of when you can expect your order to be delivered. You can monitor it's progress and that might give you an idea of when it's best to sell your current Jeep, though.

As for driving your new Jeep home, the distance isn't the issue. Just avoid high/steady speed (i.e. cruise control on the highway) and you should be okay.

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
You probably won't wait as long as me, but at least be aware that it can take a fricken' long time.

My best advice for getting it sooner is avoid any MOPAR add ons you can get from the dealer later or in the aftermarket, or that you're not sure you really want, as scarcity of these can prevent your build from being scheduled, or pushed back if there's an unexpected shortage.

Certainly, order the options you DO want: engine, trans, tow-package, safety, whatever.

But skip things like grab handles, tailgate reinforcement, doors off mirrors, sill guards, etc...

From watching the '22 order mega-thread, yes some folks got their Jeeps in two or three months, but many folks waited much longer; and I'd say the "average" you asked for is probably around six months.

Sponsored

ELJL

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The ‘21 jlur 3.6 MT took 12 weeks, the ‘22 jlur 3.0D AT took 24 weeks!!!

OP
OP

Rann61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
You probably won't wait as long as me, but at least be aware that it can take a fricken' long time.

My best advice for getting it sooner is avoid any MOPAR add ons you can get from the dealer later or in the aftermarket, or that you're not sure you really want, as scarcity of these can prevent your build from being scheduled, or pushed back if there's an unexpected shortage.

Certainly, order the options you DO want: engine, trans, tow-package, safety, whatever.

But skip things like grab handles, tailgate reinforcement, doors off mirrors, sill guards, etc...

From watching the '22 order mega-thread, yes some folks got their Jeeps in two or three months, but many folks waited much longer; and I'd say the "average" you asked for is probably around six months.

I am going to try to get it ordered this weekend and these are the things I want. There are a few other things I want but if there is a chance it could hold up production I could add those later like the grab handles and door sills.

2023 Jeep Wrangler Willy
Color: Black
Black interior
Automatic transmission
Power locks
Power windows
Air conditioner/Heat
Deep tint windows
Black 3 piece hard top
Black wheels
Tires: LT255/75R17C (I think these are standard on the Willy)

I plan to sell my current Jeep soon since the offer is good and I don’t want to chance the offer going down. Although a family member has offered to lend me their car or take me to and from work its still an inconvenience to be without my own car. But it’s better to order the Jeep at this point since I cannot find one I want now. Plus, Gupton offers some good deals.

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara
I'm also in TN, and last year I ordered an 80th Anniversary and got it in 4.5 weeks, this year I ordered a Sahara and we had to wait about a month for 2023 production to start. We will see how many weeks it is from production start to delivery. It's probably going to be longer than last year.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I drove my Jeep from Gupton home to Texas with no issues. To be honest, starting the relationship off with a road trip through some of the most beautiful parts of the country was the best part of the purchase.

Just stay off the freeway for the first while, and then don't use cruise once you do get to the freeway. I forget what the actual mile breakdowns are, surely someone will come along shortly to correct me, but yeah, do the road trip, just take it easy since you're breaking the engine in.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

I would strongly advise you to tell your family member you’ll need their car for 6 months, plus or minus. Yes, not ordering MOPAR items could help keep you from a significant delay….or it might not. There’s people who have ordered fully loaded Rubicons with every MOPAR item on it who sailed through in two months, from build to delivery, then there are others who sat in production for months with no reason given. It’s a crapshoot. I’d suggest you read up on their “just in time” production scheduling, there’s a thread stickied here that explains it.

I ordered my Jeep April 27th, it started being built July 10th, and has been stuck at the body vendor (I think) since then. Supposed delivery of Sept 6th….I’m not holding my breath.
Sponsored