First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Bikini Pearl
Occupation
Salon Owner/Stylist
Yes it’s retarded. Maybe after you have something for 150k you have something to brag about. A new car isn’t supposed to have issues.

I have 3 dealers in my area and they all suck. Wait til your euphoria from your new purchase wears off and you’ll realize your’s suck too.
I think you may have missed the point of this thread. It was supposed to be fun and positive. Why not just let the OP and everyone else have their fun and rejoice in owning a vehicle we all love? We can all go back and forth with you about standards. I 100% agree that a new vehicle shouldn't have issues, but again, that wasn't really the point (no matter how ironic), I don't believe. The OP and first several after were fun, tongue and cheek. Lighten up.
Sponsored

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
I think you may have missed the point of this thread. It was supposed to be fun and positive. Why not just let the OP and everyone else have their fun and rejoice in owning a vehicle we all love? We can all go back and forth with you about standards. I 100% agree that a new vehicle shouldn't have issues, but again, that wasn't really the point (no matter how ironic), I don't believe. The OP and first several after were fun, tongue and cheek. Lighten up.
Absolutely!!! Well said!

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
It’s like when I see a sign at a factory that proudly claims they have had no DUI’s in 30 days. Some might say it’s something to be proud of. For others, it’s an admission of a problem.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
You must be under 30, cause growing up in the 1960's, my dad would buy a new Buick or Oldsmoblie every two years and we would always have to go back to the dealer to get stuff fixed, everybody did - it was considered normal. It wasn't till the gas shortage in 1973 that caused 2 things - the big three started building truely terrble cars and Honda/Toyota started showing up as cheap but well made little mpg champs. Now, my dad as well as 3 of my uncles were all WWII vets and had NO love for Japan, but after a few years they realized that those "fur-ennd" cars were better built. Fast forward to today, yes, I'd say we still have a ways to go in quality, they all do. When I was detailing high end cars the owners would tell me they spent time at the dealership for stuff and most just leased since they could get pricy after the warranty. If you're so dissapointed with Jeep, why do you continue to buy them? And why must you try to make everybody feel like they're going to have issues like you do? You do realized that Jeep sells thousands each month and from what I've seen here and other forums, there just isn't rioting in the streets by thousands of upset Jeep owners. IF they were as bad as you say, WHY would they still be in business and have the highest -second highest (switches occasionally with the 4Runner) resale value. My "euphoria" as you called it was more like hey, finally got that Jeep I've considered for a while and it's a fun vehicle, I've had dozens of new cars and most were trouble free, except for a couple of Fords. I am well past the age of automotive lust and having to have the sharpest sports car or bad ass 4x4 truck, now I just see vehicles as a way to get to work and back and basic transportation. I feel differently about the Jeep however, it's my daughter's and she loves it, I feel better knowing it can handle what bad weather we may have and get her home safely. I like driving it even if it's just to get gas for her cause it just makes me smile, it's not just an appliance to travel with. IF I do have a problem, I'll see how the dealer handles it. I've heard both really good and really bad stories about Leith in Raleigh. But, I work in a service industry for a very large electrical corporation and have learned there are usually 2 sides to every story. Recently I was looking at reviews on a shop for a friend that was getting his truck lifted and the reviews were answered on-line by the owner and after hearing his side, it made me question the poster with the axe to grind. But, I'm going to be positive and not sit around and worry what may happen, I'll let you do that for me - thank you.
I wish I was under 30.
Jeeps are a lot of fun. We all know that.
They’re reliability is lacking. Hopefully we all should know that.
Their reliability is lacking because we buy them anyway. We really don’t hold them to a higher standard.
The original post was created when there was a flurry of post about something wrong with somebody’s Jeep. It was meant to be uplifting, but instead it ironically points out Jeep’s rocky rollout of the JL.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i think NHBIKINIPEARL doesnt have a joyful bone in there body. Life is to short to stress over a car. Shit happens... i just rebuilt a gm400 small block to get 1500 miles out of it and the carb bowl failed and hydro-locked number 8 cylinder. no biggy deal. ill pull it apart and fix it and put it back together happly with a beer in hand. enjoy the jeep. its a new model and nothing in this world is perfect or problem free. :beer::rock:

Sponsored

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
F83B6290-0C17-427B-A250-4C43E669FC95.jpeg
Nothing...not a damn thing. There must be something wrong with it. I’ve no complaints. Nothing broken. Don’t need to go to the dealership for anything. What’s wrong with our Jeep?
Fantastic photo!!! I just ordered my JLRU yesterday... Ocean Blue, painted fenders and black hard top. What great taste we have!

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
I think you're missing the sample size thing. I grant you there are folks with problems that are not on this forum posting, they are probably working to get them fixed and move on. You seem to think Jeep is worse than any other vehicle. I read today that Ford is fighting a huge class action suit because they sent those dual clutch transmissions out - knowing that they were not ready yet. I had a friend with one and yes, it sucked and the Ford dealership couldn't find anything wrong till she started Lemon Law on them. My boss had a new Chevy truck and the engine blew right after warranty, dealership said Chevy knew that model had issues but they wouldn't do a recall. They did work with him on the rebuild.
I like to target shoot. I decided on a S&W Victory for cheap plinking. But the gun experts all knew that the Victory was a POS because a few had issues with the screw that held the barrel on, could be an issue to take off for cleaning. Mine was fine, and if it wasn't, my gun dealer has a gunsmith on site that would take care of it. But you'd never buy one if you listened to the forum I was on.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I like this thread!

6 months and 7,500 miles. No issues. Steers beautifully. 6sp is awesome. Soft top is phenomenal. LEDs are ridiculously bright. Alpine and 8.4” worth every damn penny.

Got a passing grade on weld recall, too.

8418541A-9075-4501-8136-577D4BAF4920.jpeg
Update: Now over a year and 20,000 miles. I had a dash rattle that I fixed (it was just a speaker wire), and also an issue where my trunk would sometimes not open (fixed with a minor latch adjustment).

So, yeah, quality and reliability have been great. I still love rowing through the gears, too. This manual transmission is the best one ever paired with a Wrangler. No, it doesn’t shift like a Miata, and that a good thing!

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
4 months and 4k miles, all's well!

Love this Jeep.

Scheduled for weld inspection on the 14th, but things look good to me. The comfort, awesome music, and incredible traction going on the trips I've taken so far have convinced me that this was the right choice.
Update: One year and 10,780 miles later, and I still love this Jeep.

The welds were fine. I did have some stereo glitches that the update would have fixed but the dealership couldn't get the patch to apply. So they replaced it! I've added bigger tires, soft top, some damping, and all is still well.

NHBIKINIPEARL

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Bikini Pearl
Occupation
Salon Owner/Stylist
i think NHBIKINIPEARL doesnt have a joyful bone in there body. Life is to short to stress over a car. Shit happens... i just rebuilt a gm400 small block to get 1500 miles out of it and the carb bowl failed and hydro-locked number 8 cylinder. no biggy deal. ill pull it apart and fix it and put it back together happly with a beer in hand. enjoy the jeep. its a new model and nothing in this world is perfect or problem free. :beer::rock:
Not sure how I got called out on "not having a joyful bone in my body". I was agreeing with the OP and think that the posters taking it too seriously should lighten the heck up. :facepalm:

Sponsored

sprayingmango

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Moab
Occupation
Teacher
A few months and 6k miles, not a single running issue with the jeep. Only thing that was wrong was due to the first shop I went to doing a shitty job on my re-gear and cutting my pinion seal. Second shop fixed it. Otherwise it's been amazing!

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Not sure how I got called out on "not having a joyful bone in my body". I was agreeing with the OP and think that the posters taking it too seriously should lighten the heck up. :facepalm:
Wow... if nothing else the color of your Jeep screams “joyful.” Not sure what’s wrong with people sometimes.... just crazy!

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
No, it doesn’t shift like a Miata, and that a good thing!
Yes, I owned an NB until a few years ago and that clutch was a bear in traffic. But it was fun to drift in third gear on city corners and I'm over 50.

Willcbooth

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2015 Lexus GS350 FSport
Vehicle Showcase
I love my Jeep! Had it for 9 months and put 25k miles on it with zero issues!

Until.....

Service shifter starts coming up on the dash...sometimes the check engine light would come on along with it. Then, it got worse...this would happen, and the power steering would quit working.

I now haven’t driven my Jeep in 23 days. 23!!! Because that’s how long it’s been at the dealer. 5 days ago they said they weren’t sure of the issue...haven’t heard anything since. I still love my Jeep, but this is starting to sting.