www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I have kind of the opposite problem... only about 2 months of ownership, over 3600 miles of driving (on pace for about 17k this year), and only about 10 of them were off-road. No joke. I've barely taken my Rubicon off-road and it's the most depressing shit. You may not have a large total number of miles but at least you got ~1800 of them off-road!

Problem isn't the Jeep, it's my job. When you work, on average, 85 hours a week since March (five day work weeks) you just don't have the energy on Saturday or Sunday to do anything other than sleep and recover.

But yeah like @Sorbs I have not a damn thing wrong with my JL! The dealer did fix some bent pins in my door harness but that's like a first-world problem for a jeep.
i hear you on that long work week. im at roughtly 60-70 hrs in 5/6 day work weeks!. hopefully you'll get some good time in the dirt soon. im going to be joining the socal trip through Mojave desert in October for 3 day trip! so excited to finally get some days off!
Sponsored

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
“Amazing! My Jeep with 2000 miles has no problems at all!” :facepalm:

I bet you don’t see threads like this on the Toyota forums.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
F83B6290-0C17-427B-A250-4C43E669FC95.jpeg
Nothing...not a damn thing. There must be something wrong with it. I’ve no complaints. Nothing broken. Don’t need to go to the dealership for anything. What’s wrong with our Jeep?
Must be defective you should return it LOL

Sponsored

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Really, troll much? A loser says what?
You’re bragging that your brand new Jeep isn’t broken. You trolled yourself.

Love the nostalgic middle school comeback though.

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
I think it's a refreshing change to hear from people that DON"t have this issue or that problem. The 2018 Sport S I bought my daughter back on Feb 2nd has around 6500 miles on it. I changed the oil/filter and we added side steps, sill guards and a rubber bed mat and that's it. I checked the mpg the old school way, fill up at same pump, divide miles by gallons and it gets 20 mpg, oh- V6, automatic. It's out first Jeep and so far we really like it. There is a Jeep event in Sept down at the Outer Banks and that's only a couple hours away, we plan on going. For all the owners that have had or still have problems, I'm truely sorry and I hope you get resolvution very soon.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
I think it's a refreshing change to hear from people that DON"t have this issue or that problem. The 2018 Sport S I bought my daughter back on Feb 2nd has around 6500 miles on it. I changed the oil/filter and we added side steps, sill guards and a rubber bed mat and that's it. I checked the mpg the old school way, fill up at same pump, divide miles by gallons and it gets 20 mpg, oh- V6, automatic. It's out first Jeep and so far we really like it. There is a Jeep event in Sept down at the Outer Banks and that's only a couple hours away, we plan on going. For all the owners that have had or still have problems, I'm truely sorry and I hope you get resolvution very soon.
The irony here is that this thread doesn’t exonerate Jeep’s notorious quality problems by the mere fact a thread like this is necessary to lift everybody’s spirits in the first place.

Not everybody has a problem with their Jeeps. If you don’t have a problem with a new Jeep, it’s not a cause for celebration because you’re not supposed to have a problem with a new vehicle.
Second, just because you don’t have a problem at 6500 miles doesn’t mean you won’t have one at 6501 miles. You are not in the clear and never will be. That’s like bragging you’ve never been in a car accident when you’re 16.

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gee- Eyore, can you just let it go? Yeah I might have problems tomorrow, but IF I doi it's under warranty and I'll see what the dealer can do to right the wrong. And while Jeep may be more issues than say Honda/Toyota - they have problems too you know. The sales guy that sold my wife her 2019 Pilot was saying that Honda had fixed the issues with the 2018 Pilot's transmission.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
The irony here is that this thread doesn’t exonerate Jeep’s notorious quality problems by the mere fact a thread like this is necessary to lift everybody’s spirits in the first place.

Not everybody has a problem with their Jeeps. If you don’t have a problem with a new Jeep, it’s not a cause for celebration because you’re not supposed to have a problem with a new vehicle.
Second, just because you don’t have a problem at 6500 miles doesn’t mean you won’t have one at 6501 miles. You are not in the clear and never will be. That’s like bragging you’ve never been in a car accident when you’re 16.
Yea but you realize your exact argument can be used against you, right? Just because you or somebody else posts about a problem doesn't mean that problems are common. It goes both ways.

And I don't put much stock in those surveys, especially the Consumer Reports stuff. I'll admit, I've been subbed to Consumer Reports for many years now, and every year they send me the survey for their upcoming cars issue with all the reliability stats. I never once filled that thing out and sent it back lol I've owned a Cherokee, Renegade, and now a Wrangler, all of which get horrible scores from CR, but I never once participated in the information gathering and I've NEVER had a problem with any of my Jeep vehicles. I'm willing to bet more people out there without problems don't speak up, just me like, skewing data always toward the negative.

Sponsored

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Yea but you realize your exact argument can be used against you, right? Just because you or somebody else posts about a problem doesn't mean that problems are common. It goes both ways.

And I don't put much stock in those surveys, especially the Consumer Reports stuff. I'll admit, I've been subbed to Consumer Reports for many years now, and every year they send me the survey for their upcoming cars issue with all the reliability stats. I never once filled that thing out and sent it back lol I've owned a Cherokee, Renegade, and now a Wrangler, all of which get horrible scores from CR, but I never once participated in the information gathering and I've NEVER had a problem with any of my Jeep vehicles. I'm willing to bet more people out there without problems don't speak up, just me like, skewing data always toward the negative.
I don’t put much stock into surveys either, but I have owned three Jeeps and a Chrysler. They’re not flawless and their dealer service department sucks and getting a courtesy car while they fix their recalls is like pulling teeth. I keep coming back for more because they have one of the more exciting lineups.
So far so good, but no way in hell would I ever claim I have no issues just months after I bought anything. That’s just retarded.

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really, having no isues after 6 months or in the case of the OP - a year is retarded? Seems like you buying Jeeps from a dealer with a lousy service department over and over is retarded. You can't or won't find a better dealer? It seems that peoplen posting something positive and having no issues really triggers you, I can see why now.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Really, having no isues after 6 months or in the case of the OP - a year is retarded? Seems like you buying Jeeps from a dealer with a lousy service department over and over is retarded. You can't or won't find a better dealer? It seems that peoplen posting something positive and having no issues really triggers you, I can see why now.
Yes it’s retarded. Maybe after you have something for 150k you have something to brag about. A new car isn’t supposed to have issues.

I have 3 dealers in my area and they all suck. Wait til your euphoria from your new purchase wears off and you’ll realize your’s suck too.

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You must be under 30, cause growing up in the 1960's, my dad would buy a new Buick or Oldsmoblie every two years and we would always have to go back to the dealer to get stuff fixed, everybody did - it was considered normal. It wasn't till the gas shortage in 1973 that caused 2 things - the big three started building truely terrble cars and Honda/Toyota started showing up as cheap but well made little mpg champs. Now, my dad as well as 3 of my uncles were all WWII vets and had NO love for Japan, but after a few years they realized that those "fur-ennd" cars were better built. Fast forward to today, yes, I'd say we still have a ways to go in quality, they all do. When I was detailing high end cars the owners would tell me they spent time at the dealership for stuff and most just leased since they could get pricy after the warranty. If you're so dissapointed with Jeep, why do you continue to buy them? And why must you try to make everybody feel like they're going to have issues like you do? You do realized that Jeep sells thousands each month and from what I've seen here and other forums, there just isn't rioting in the streets by thousands of upset Jeep owners. IF they were as bad as you say, WHY would they still be in business and have the highest -second highest (switches occasionally with the 4Runner) resale value. My "euphoria" as you called it was more like hey, finally got that Jeep I've considered for a while and it's a fun vehicle, I've had dozens of new cars and most were trouble free, except for a couple of Fords. I am well past the age of automotive lust and having to have the sharpest sports car or bad ass 4x4 truck, now I just see vehicles as a way to get to work and back and basic transportation. I feel differently about the Jeep however, it's my daughter's and she loves it, I feel better knowing it can handle what bad weather we may have and get her home safely. I like driving it even if it's just to get gas for her cause it just makes me smile, it's not just an appliance to travel with. IF I do have a problem, I'll see how the dealer handles it. I've heard both really good and really bad stories about Leith in Raleigh. But, I work in a service industry for a very large electrical corporation and have learned there are usually 2 sides to every story. Recently I was looking at reviews on a shop for a friend that was getting his truck lifted and the reviews were answered on-line by the owner and after hearing his side, it made me question the poster with the axe to grind. But, I'm going to be positive and not sit around and worry what may happen, I'll let you do that for me - thank you.

NHBIKINIPEARL

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Bikini Pearl
Occupation
Salon Owner/Stylist

Wow. Definitely a "Glass Half Empty" statement.
Sponsored